Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas

Go down 
+7
remowshake
atabini
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
baltimore zoo
alexmotoc
Philter4
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas Empty
PostSubject: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:53 am

Here are just a couple of shots of the new figures I have done, the first is the pair of sable antelope I have already posted photos of, the second is a new elephant I am still working on, it is coming out of the river. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think, especially the elephant as I can still make changes on him before I am done.

Sable
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is the elephant
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
alexmotoc

alexmotoc

Country/State : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:04 am

[Wow, the sable looks great!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:05 am

Again, I really like the zebra pictured in between the 2 sables. Need to see some more pics of the elephant. Is it wallowing
in a mud pool? If so muddy up the toenails a bit.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:42 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Again, I really like the zebra pictured in between the 2 sables.
Me too, perfectly done, you can actually see the muscles beneath her skin...
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:03 pm

They look incredible Phil, I love your elephant and the Sable are really lovely.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:59 pm

The elephant isn't done yet, when she is I will post more photos. She is supposed to be in the water but to make her the correct scale she is too big for the river so I have decided to change her a little to be getting out of the river. The photo was taken to sort of look like a photographer was observing her as she comes out. I was not going to post photos of her until she was done but there is some interest so maybe later today I will take some more so everyone can see her.

The zebra between the sable is Lineol, they are available from time to time on ebay. The two sable are up for trade or sale if anyone is interested, I have another one being made right now and I am going to repaint the Noah's Pals roan antelope to be a female and immature. The Noah's Pals are 1:24 scale (my dioramas are 1:22) and normally a roan is a larger antelope so the size is perfect as a female or immature sable if they are standing next to mine, I just have to repaint them.
Back to top Go down
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi Phil,

Great figurines of Sable Antelopes you made. Congratulations.

One question, the Muntjac on the second image and the antelopes at the back of the first image were made by you or are commercial ones? if they are commercial ones, please let us know what brand.

Alejandro
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 4:20 pm

Lovely diorama Very Happy

Philip afro

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Phill your beautiful sand antelope they are really nice posture, and your diorama takes us elsewhere really thank you for sharing your passion, then we wait impatiently thank you very much
The zebra lineola is really good too cheers king cat
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:13 pm

I like it very much, Phil!
sunny

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Unless you were planning to make a herd of Asian elephants(?), I think you should make the elephant a bull(since they're solitary and since you said a little too big for the river).
Lineol did a great job with the zebra! Again, older craftsmanship, but still looks
excellent today!
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:39 am

Here is a better photo of the elephant, I thought about making it a male, and it would be easy to add tusks but I am going to make a calf at some point and at least one more female so there will eventually be a group. Remember I still have work to do on her, but this is what I have done so far.
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 7:38 am

Thanks for the better photo! Good to see you made one finger on the end of the trunk(as you know African elephant's have 2).
For accurate figures(either custom or by a company), the more one(sculptor/creator) knows about the anatomy of your subject, the better the figure will turn out!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:35 am

She's fantastic Phil! What did you make her out of? I love her, you did an excellent job so far! I wish I could make an Asian elephant (for the zoo I'd like to build) but I can't find a solution as to what to make it out of. The scale would be the same as yours.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Is really good, but will stay better when you finish them.. I stay here waiting for that Phil!! :)

Congratulations my friend!

Philip afro

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 4:17 pm

[quote="Philter4"]Here are just a couple of shots of the new figures I have done, the first is the pair of sable antelope I have already posted photos of, the second is a new elephant I am still working on, it is coming out of the river. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think, especially the elephant as I can still make changes on him before I am done.

...Wonderful compositions, Phil! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 9:56 pm

atabini wrote:
Hi Phil,

Great figurines of Sable Antelopes you made. Congratulations.

One question, the Muntjac on the second image and the antelopes at the back of the first image were made by you or are commercial ones? if they are commercial ones, please let us know what brand.

Alejandro

The muntjak is a Kaiyodo and the antelopes are Ana's models Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:26 am

Philter4 wrote:
Here are just a couple of shots of the new figures I have done, the first is the pair of sable antelope I have already posted photos of, the second is a new elephant I am still working on, it is coming out of the river. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think, especially the elephant as I can still make changes on him before I am done.

Sable

That is beautiful. May I ask, how did you make the grass?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:58 am

Sorry everyone who I didn't answer but I will try right now.

Kiki is right, the muntjak is from Kaiyodo, and the other antelope are custom made by Ana.

Harriet, I will send you a pm with my email address and I can give you all of the details on making the elephant, but you are a better sculptor then me so it should be easier for you ti make one.

The grass is made from dyed goat hair, I buy it from the hobbyshop that is not too far from here, it is by Woodland Scenics, they sell it in 4 different colors I use natural for the African savanna, and medium green for the Indian diorama. I sent you a pm on the trees and plants you asked about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas   Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas Empty

Back to top Go down

Sable and Indian elaphant on the dioramas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Dioramas & Outdoor photos-
Jump to: