Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models

Go down 
+41
Mgarat
LeeAnn
MiniZoo
widukind
costicuba
SUSANNE
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Roger
Wilorvise
A.R.Garcia
Geospiza fortis
littlebear
Bloodrayne
Dum_my
Tarunyada
Carola
signatus
ulinuk
Shanti
Bonobo
lucky luke
Fisva
Noémi
Florian
kudu11
Zelvik
SyLoBe
koniminiatures
elephas_maximus
Defteros
JonasV
cattlecollector
animalluvr6
Philter4
bjarki12
trevok4
A-J
Joan Milelire
HKHollinstone
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:48 am

Oh, please keep us updated. Very Happy
I am looking forward to see how your works progresses. bounce
Fruitfly? Rolling Eyes

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 5:59 am

You can be proud of your homemade collection Applause

Fruitfly cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 12:00 am

Thanks, guys. Yes, that'ts the 'fruit fly', actually a male mealybug. My cycads (which leaves overhang above view of the camera) are infested with them.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 2:53 am

Great elephant, I can't wait to see your other mysterious project too. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:18 am

Great and beautiful animals!!! I love especially rhinos but all of these figures are beautiful. Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Thank you Saarlooswolfhound and Ana. I finally finished my Puma:
The paint was rather complicated, with all of the different browns, grays, tans, oranges, etc. but I think its recognizable at least. Also, here's my elephant. I'm planning on finishing him soon. I'm still not sure what to do for tusks. I don't want them to be huge, yet not too small while keeping them a modest size.
As well as this, there is an extra-curricular school exhibition I will be participating in this year which (for my group) is centered around Ireland, and so I will soon begin a few Irish species including red deer and a viviparous lizard.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:47 pm

Very nice again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:48 pm

Quite nice :)

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:02 pm

Very neat! Applause

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:03 pm

Very well done!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:41 pm

Love your puma! Fantastic! cheers

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 12:25 am

Roger wrote:
Love your puma! Fantastic! cheers

Me too :) Verey very good cheers
I just have a little tips for you... if you don`t mind :)
I think that the face has to be a bit longer.
I used one of your photos to show what I mean :

..like the real puma..it`s with longer face.. :
:)
I`m sorry, if  somehow I offend you with that...I don`t want to :)
Your puma look`s great :)
I realy love this animal

And you painted her very good :))
Maybe you need just to put this dark color on her face..around the mouth..which is very tipical for cougars :)
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 12:52 am

Thanks, everyone.
Costi, thanks for the input, I am in no way offended. I see what you mean in regards to the facial structure. Its a little late for me to fix it, however I'll see what I can do. The only pictures I used were of the same angle as the picture I posted at the top. As for the paint, I've been looking at it and I see areas in need of retouching. Mine is based on a specific individual which did not have the black markings, but thanks for the picture; I'll use it. Cat faces aren't my strong point, so its nice to have people on here who know more than I do in those areas.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 1:08 am

:) I`m happy that you tuk my tips in a positive way :)
I realy like your animals and I can`t wait to see more of you :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 8:56 am

Great puma Fortis cheers

I hope this model could inspire some manufactures to make more of their cats lie down.
In my experience that is what they do 99 % of the time Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 2:27 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Great puma Fortis cheers

I hope this model could inspire some manufactures to make more of their cats lie down.
In my experience that is what they do 99 % of the time Laughing

cheers Nice Idea bounce
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 3:54 am

Great little puma, and nice start for an elephant. Great job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 12:16 pm

Suzanne wrote:
hope this model could inspire some manufactures to make more of their cats lie down. In my experience that is what they do 99 % of the time

I agree, Papo's tigress with Cubs is the latest I know of, and a very nice model and I think from memory Schleich had a lioness lying down just a few years ago, but I've never seen a puma in this pose. So congrats on a nice model and sedate pose rather than the typical standing or roaring poses we see so often Applause
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:50 pm

Thanks Costi, Susanne, Saarlooswolfhound, and MiniZoo.
I am now able to reveal my latest sculpture. I made it for a friend's birthday. When I gave it to her this morning, it was clear that she liked it a lot. It is a lined seahorse (Hippocampus erectus). The stones on the base are Bloodstone, the birthstone for March, Amethyst, the birthstone for Pisces, and a small Madagascan ammonite, which was more of a personal 'signature', being from me. The pictures were taken before I sprayed it with a clear, matte finish. I also cut and routed a wood base, stained with dark walnut with a high gloss finish, however I did not photograph it.
To see my friend as happy as she was made it well worth the time and effort I put into this.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 10:46 pm

Holy, hopping, howling Hamster affraid bounce bounce cheers Applause bounce cheers

This is a most beautyful, fantabulous, wonderful model cheers

Incredible ! Stunning ! Sensational cheers

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Wow! What a gorgeous seahorse! I love it!

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 11:13 pm

Such a wonderful present you made cheers
And the idea with the stones is so nice. Bravo :)
Great job Applause

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 12:22 am

That ended very good, wonderful gift indeed! Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 12:37 am

Wow, your seahorse is amazing! Great job especially on that one. Applause

Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 2:03 am

Thank you all! I had my doubts about this one more than any, but its nice to know you like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next