Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models

Go down 
+41
Mgarat
LeeAnn
MiniZoo
widukind
costicuba
SUSANNE
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Roger
Wilorvise
A.R.Garcia
Geospiza fortis
littlebear
Bloodrayne
Dum_my
Tarunyada
Carola
signatus
ulinuk
Shanti
Bonobo
lucky luke
Fisva
Noémi
Florian
kudu11
Zelvik
SyLoBe
koniminiatures
elephas_maximus
Defteros
JonasV
cattlecollector
animalluvr6
Philter4
bjarki12
trevok4
A-J
Joan Milelire
HKHollinstone
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 9:01 am

Wow, great work :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 2:00 am

I'd love to to give you feedback about your giant armadillo but I am not probably the most experienced in this matter. I hope you can find some feedback during the development of your project. Glyptodonts have apparently different arrangement of the scutes according with the exact species. That's curious once we see the same happening with modern armadillos.

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 2:46 am

it's neat to see your little pieces of wire and clay transform into amazing figures.

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:27 pm

Thanks for the positive comments Smile

Roger wrote:
Glyptodonts have apparently different arrangement of the scutes according with the exact species. That's curious once we see the same happening with modern armadillos.
I didn't realize that until after I figured out the first version of the texture. Its alright now but if I ever make a doedicurus, I'll be ready. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 3:46 pm

I've been looking around at new techniques and I was inspired to make a quick woolly mammoth to try them out (I started it three days ago). Its missing a little hair but I'll add that later:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Also making a pair of bison using similar techniques:
These are based on the same pair as the other two I did a few years ago in memory of five years since the tragic flood.
Here are a few news articles on the incident:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/09/2_zooamerica_bison_drowning_in.html
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/09/zooamerica_offers_new_informat.html
and some photos of them in life:
https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=hershey%20bison
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Your "quick" mammoth looks wonderful cheers

It will be exiting to see the bisons as you proceed, - at least there are memories of them then Sad

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 12:47 am

Yes, mammoth is looking wonderful, it will be great to see how it will look furry. The angle of the pic is also great. Exciting also your new projects! Very Happy

Mgarat

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 9:51 am

Wondeful sketches!!!! Looking foresrd to see the final results!!!

My Topics on STS / Felidae Family Project (FFP)
My shop in Etsy
Back to top Go down
http://divartsity.weebly.com/
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 9:16 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback! I've made progress on the bison. Hoping to get them done in time to be exhibited at the town's fair. I actually started the standing one over again from scratch. I wasn't too happy with how round it was compared to how rigid the muscles should have been.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 9:41 pm

They look very, very promising !!! cheers I can't wait to see how they end up bounce

Mgarat

Mgarat

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 1:09 am

Fantastic!!! Go ahead!!!

My Topics on STS / Felidae Family Project (FFP)
My shop in Etsy
Back to top Go down
http://divartsity.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 1:25 am

You're doing a great job and good luck with your presentation. Very Happy

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 6:59 pm

Thanks for the positive comments! I did not get them done on time for said event however I did end up going with something else I did which I thought was better anyways. Here are photos of the bison; they've been finished for a while now:
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Great work again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 12:11 pm

Great work! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 6:36 pm

This is a nice pair Applause Could you show a comparison pic with a Bison toy ?
Back to top Go down
jhudstone

jhudstone

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Out of curiosity, how does the 'quick technique' differ from regular sculpting?
Back to top Go down
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 11:59 am

I like the lying down pose, so much more challenging because of the non-symmetry- great work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 2:22 am

Thanks, all Smile .

Jhudstone, "quick" isn't the technique I was trying with the mammoth. I just made it without too much attention to detail just so I could experiment with a new technique for the hair.

MiniZoo, I actually thought the asymmetry was easier since I always found it difficult to make two sides match.

And here's the comparison picture with Schleich's winter bison:
Back to top Go down
jhudstone

jhudstone

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 6:46 pm

Ah, got it - thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18