Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Wild Safari

Go down 
+18
costicuba
LukaLeon085
Tove
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Roger
Takama
animalluvr6
ken yeo
orcagirl26
Tarunyada
Elros Alvar
weaselfan93
lucky luke
JonasV
widukind
LeeAnn
SpiralStrix
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

My Wild Safari - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 5:07 am

Roger wrote:
That's a good looking figure of a beautiful animal. Interesting your introduction and also to know your uncle envolvment in such nobble task. Very Happy

He also made kittens that would never grow up and would stay small throughout there lives. (My dad said that they would get mean as they grew older though)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 9:40 am

Beautyful pictures of a majestic bird !!! cheers

And thanks heaven that DDT was banned, - we almost had no birds of prrey in Denmark for many years, tahnks to this "miracle" "pest"-icide Evil or Very Mad

But we really, really, really need a major revolution to stop the enormous, horrible use of dangerous chemicals NOW !
This time it is PEOPLE who can't get have children, - or the children are borne with severe damages.
It is everywhere, and it threatens all living creatures, - from bees to humans to whales Sad

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 2:33 am

Just a head up. I placed an order for the re released Aardvark, and it should be here in a week or so.

After seeing a living one up close in a zoo this past summer, I decided that it is a must have, and i thought i snatch one before its off the market again.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 2:52 am

Good decision. I remember many people refusing or doubtful about getting it in its first release just because it is a little large when compared with Schleich figures. Then, when it was retired, some decided to acquire it and it turned soon very hard to get. I am sure a re-release won't last for a long time and a 3rd release is not expectable at all. There's no other aardvark easily available and it is an incredible animal and a very nice replica. Actually and although I agree it could be a little smaller, I like very much its size. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 7:57 am

This aardvark is an excellent choice, don't miss it beacuse it is a beautiful model of an incredible animal. On the "too big for my Schelcih collection", Safari Ltd made some jewels like this one, the armadillo or the giant anteater. Go for them Very Happy

study  Ok you alreday have the giant anteater Laughing

What else? The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is nice too. Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 1:35 am

I also found some other older figures on Amazon that i might be interested in. for instance, they have the original Skunk from the North American Wildlife line, and the Leatherback Turtle.

They also have the mandrill, but its in that rusty red color that i find unrealistic.

Are any of these figures worth going for? Im trying to save my money for a Wedding Trip in June, but i dont want to lose an opportunity on rare figures.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 8:51 am

Wedding trip cheers

Hard to say if anything else is worth going for compared to that lol!

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 8:57 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Wedding trip cheers

Hard to say if anything else is worth going for compared to that lol!

Laughing

The leatherback turtle is really something even if Papo and CollectA met the challenge now.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:26 pm

The skunk is an interesting collectible. It is long retired for Safari standards and many people doesn't even know that it ever existed. As a figure it is an average quality figure. It doesn't worth more than their regular price on shops, speculative prices are not usual in Safari figures. :)

Takama

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 12:07 am

MR Aardvark is here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FYI this is the same sculpt from 2005

But it came with a new style tag

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 1:56 am

Perfect, this one could not be missed. Very Happy
Safari uses to reuse some moulds giving them different sizes. We can see it when comparing some toob figures with regular ones or even those jumbo sized and their regular sized relatives. I wished Safari re-released this aardvark a little smaller but as I told before, I like its size anyway. Yes, same mould, new tag as expected. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 6:43 am

Congratulation Takama Very Happy

Roger wrote:
Perfect, this one could not be missed. Very Happy
Safari uses to reuse some moulds giving them different sizes. We can see it when comparing some toob figures with regular ones or even those jumbo sized and their regular sized relatives. I wished Safari re-released this aardvark a little smaller but as I told before, I like its size anyway. Yes, same mould, new tag as expected. Very Happy

I wished Safari Ltd forget this mould and make a completely new better aardvark like they did for their elk santa
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:13 am

Beautieful aardvark

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 10:40 am

Congratulations cheers
This is such a wonderful model Applause

Kikimalou wrote:

I wished Safari Ltd forget this mould and make a completely new better aardvark like they did for their elk santa

YES !!! Why did they have to re-use this mould ?
They could have sold A LOT more, if there had been a new one for those who already has the old one Shocked

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Heres hoping its not too late to purchase the Leatherback and Skunk. I also found another rarity, the Brown Pelican. However, i told myself not to buy the same figure in a different color scheme. Yet this one is ultra rare. If i get it, i would hope Safari would make a new White Pelican.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 12:45 am

Susanne and Christophe, I agree that Safari should make a new aardvark instead of reusing the same mould. Though, we know that new moulds are very expensive and my idea was considering it. Very Happy

Takama wrote:
Heres hoping its not too late to purchase the Leatherback and Skunk. I also found another rarity, the Brown Pelican. However, i told myself not to buy the same figure in a different color scheme. Yet this one is ultra rare. If i get it, i would hope Safari would make a new White Pelican.

Please don't miss Safari brown pelican, that's a completely new story. This one is rare and and a very interesting collectible. Also, painting is very rich and you don't have a better brown pelican among major brands. I also prevent the same mould and I have both pelicans. Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 4:16 am

Newst items to look forward to.

Leather-back Turtle.   There was only one left for sale on Amazon, and since the likly hood of Safari remaking this model are slim, i had to get it.

And The New Wild Safari Frog.    Because i want to make it do this

I might make a video of myself making it do that
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 5:12 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 9:54 am

they did not update the date of production  Mad , I bought at a high price the original  Evil or Very Mad  , so that reissued is totally equal to original 2005. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 9:57 am

then for rare animals of Safari should wait the reissue Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Suspect

Takama

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:41 pm

Received the Turtle.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 7:20 am

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 7:29 am

The old leatherback cheers It was a very sought after model in the past, congratulation Applause
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:01 am

Wonderful old model cheers

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Now all im waiting for is the Frog. Which I presume is an American Bull Frog.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Wild Safari   My Wild Safari - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Wild Safari
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next