Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ospray catching fish !

Go down 
+6
cattlecollector
JonasV
NightLioness
Bonobo
75senta75
SUSANNE
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Ospray catching fish ! Empty
PostSubject: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:17 am

I never new they could do that  affraid 

( Turn the sound on )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:21 am

What a catch!

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:19 pm

How precise!  Shocked Shocked 
I want to have these eyes  Laughing Cool
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Fish: "Whieie, I can flyyyy" *Sorry, I'm in a funny mood right now...*
Impressive catch! Thanks for showing Susanne Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:42 pm

Poor fishes Sad Sad 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 4:10 pm

Cool. I live by a river and have seen this quite a few times. They sit in a tree, and when they see a trout they swoop down and grab it. It is kind of frustrating when I am fishing and don't catch any, and the osprey will swoop down and catch a monster fish.  Mad Laughing 

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Great, i saw this real and live in Egypt:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 4:36 pm

I love the way it shakes the water from its feathers like a dog that just came out of the pool.
Only this bird does it while flying AND holding a fish.
Impressive!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:53 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
I love the way it shakes the water from its feathers like a dog that just came out of the pool.
Impressive!

Yes ! Isn't it amazing , - cool birdie !

JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 8:56 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:
Impressive!

I'm always (usually) on the side of the weaker animal. Bad eagle!!! Evil or Very Mad Razz Razz lol! 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:07 pm

jonesee wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:
Impressive!

I'm always (usually) on the side of the weaker animal. Bad eagle!!! Evil or Very Mad Razz Razz lol! 

Everything needs to eat, and ospreys, eagles, falcons, hawks, etc. just aren't equipped to eat plants and berries. They are designed to be predators and eat accordingly.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:54 pm

Yes ! All creatures are bad then, - I am sure those fish have eaten hundreds of fish themselves Wink

cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:40 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Yes ! All creatures are bad then, - I am sure those fish have eaten hundreds of fish themselves Wink

Cannibals! Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:25 am

That almost looks like Yellowstone National Park in the beginning. Ospreys are one of the few birds of prey (that I'm aware of) that can get/spot a fish larger than themselves, dive to get it, rise back up out of the water with the extra weight of fish and water in their feathers, and shake it off mid flap. They are incredible hunters.
Thanks for sharing Susanne.  Very Happy 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:20 pm

cattlecollector wrote:
jonesee wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:
Impressive!

Everything needs to eat, and ospreys, eagles, falcons, hawks, etc. just aren't equipped to eat plants and berries. They are designed to be predators and eat accordingly.

Everyone could be vegetarians like me Laughing Razz Yes, I do know that and I love biology and nature I do understand but don't like it.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Jonas, I am happy to hear you are vegetarian, - I suppose you don't eat fish either ?
This means that you are serious about it.

But think about it, - if animals don't get killed, there would soon be so many that they would starve to death, or die of illness.

Unfortunately humans are still so reptile-brained that we kill each other for territories or whatever.
I hope we may evolve so far that we can controll our numbers in a more sensible way !!!

JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:00 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Jonas, I am happy to hear you are vegetarian, - I suppose you don't eat fish either ?

But think about it, - if animals don't get killed, there would soon be so many that they would starve to death, or die of illness.

Unfortunately humans are still so reptile-brained that we kill each other for territories or whatever.
I hope we may evolve so far that we can controll our numbers in a more sensible way !!!

Haha yeah I'm very serious Very Happy No fish no meat no chicken etc.

I understand just wanted to be annoying Embarassed Razz But yeah, it's okay that animals eat each other, people should not touch them. And certainly not keep pigs and cows in messy tiny boxes.
Ok, fish, R.I.P Smile Let's end this useless conversation Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:27 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Except that so many animals which comprise, ultimately, part of humanity's food consumption, exist because they are specifically
bred for that purpose.  We would all be planting soybeans instead of raising cattle, chickens, etc.  Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 6:19 pm

That was the osprey where i saw how he catched a fish

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ospray catching fish !   Ospray catching fish ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ospray catching fish !
Page 1 of 1