Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!

Go down 
+3
widukind
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! Empty
PostSubject: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 3:24 am

(Sorry admins if this is the wrong place, feel free to move it)
I got this email yesterday and thought I'd share:

"Last of toy fish inventory

Greetings Toy Fish Enthusiasts, 3-29-17

Thanks for being a customer of Replica Toy Fish Company. We are closing out the old inventory. Many fish are sold out, but there are many items left. All items available are on the website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Free shipping all items.

30% off for orders $70 or more.

There are only about 30 Midwest Tackle Box sets left. That set will not be made again. We will be relaunching a new company called Toy Fish Factory, with all new fish.

Thanks again,
Simeon Chambers "

It would appear that they are moving on to slightly bigger and better things hopefully but for anyone in the US (not sure if they ship internationally) this is a good time to grab some of wonderful fish! (Like I did... Rolling Eyes )

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 8:57 am

Thanks for sharing, Page Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 9:31 am

Thank you :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 11:18 pm

I really love these RTF figures. They are something never did before as they tell in their history. It is a good chance to everyone get these unique figures for a very affordable price. It could sound very sad to know that RTF is ending their adventure but I want to believe it is like a butterfly metamorphosis and that Toy Fish Factory will bring an even more exciting project. Very Happy

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 10:48 pm

I have seen the initial images of what Simeon is up to. As sad as I am to see the current line stop, I am really excited by the list he showed me! It will be more worldwide than just North America, which is great. I haven't yet seen any of the fish though, but he apparently lined up some good sculpting and production, so they should be better than ever!

(And yes, the focus will be primarily freshwater. And no, I won't be stopping my line...!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Oh that's so exciting! I was hoping he'd expand to more worldwide fish, with a focus on freshwater still. I'd love to see some predatory species from him.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 12:43 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Oh that's so exciting! I was hoping he'd expand to more worldwide fish, with a focus on freshwater still. I'd love to see some predatory species from him.

He's asked me to not reveal too much, of course--but your wish will be granted, assuming everything goes well!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 5:50 am

Oh of course of course, he wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. But that is SO SO exciting! So is he still only doing freshwater? Or will he be exploring the oceans too I wonder? If I had to pick I prefer he does freshwater just because they are so underrepresented and there are wonders in our rivers and lakes too worldwide. So exciting and I can't wait to see what he will be bringing us.

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Oh of course of course, he wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. But that is SO SO exciting! So is he still only doing freshwater? Or will he be exploring the oceans too I wonder? If I had to pick I prefer he does freshwater just because they are so underrepresented and there are wonders in our rivers and lakes too worldwide. So exciting and I can't wait to see what he will be bringing us.

There is still a definite freshwater preference so far! There are a few salt water and brackish of course. Still a little heavy on the sport-fishing (there are so many small non-game fish after all) but it's a good start!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 9:06 pm

Great to hear. Two weeks ago I went electro fishing with my general ecology class at a nearby mountain river and we caught lots of brown trout and sculpin (not sure on the spelling). It was very neat to see them up close. Now I doubt a sculpin would be made, at least to scale obviously, but it was very fun to see more freshwater fish than your usual trout or bass for this area. I look forward to his new startup and line of wonderful fish models.

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 10:16 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Great to hear. Two weeks ago I went electro fishing with my general ecology class at a nearby mountain river and we caught lots of brown trout and sculpin (not sure on the spelling). It was very neat to see them up close. Now I doubt a sculpin would be made, at least to scale obviously, but it was very fun to see more freshwater fish than your usual trout or bass for this area. I look forward to his new startup and line of wonderful fish models.

You can get several sculpin figures...of the Japanese variety! But yes, some sculpins, darters, minnows, chubs, sticklebacks, dace and such would be great as figures!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 12:56 am

Sean, it is fantastic that you are giving us two good news. RTF is expanding their horizons and your line will continue. Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 3:09 am

Roger wrote:
Sean, it is fantastic that you are giving us two good news. RTF is expanding their horizons and your line will continue. Very Happy

I do what I can...there are a few little snags for my line right now, but it should be fine.

And I am hoping to hear something concrete from Simeon soon!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 7:09 am

sbell wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

There is still a definite freshwater preference so far! There are a few salt water and brackish of course. Still a little heavy on the sport-fishing (there are so many small non-game fish after all) but it's a good start!

A few salt water and brackish too? Now it will be interesting for me :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 10:15 pm

I have been in touch with Simeon--the new line carries forward. Just the usual production stuff, causing slight delays (I don't know how many of the sets are being brought out to start, but I'm guessing he wants to make a bit of a 'splash'!).

Anyway, I notice the RTF site is getting a little light on models; I have some extra coming for my store, but before then, he sent me a pile of fish, many 'seconds' with paint issues.

And a handful of the Chain Pickerel! I never thought I'd have them in hand!

I have a couple for myself, plus the 3 pictured for sale in my store.

I'm still going to miss the line, but knowing what he's up to (I've seenthe proposed list) I really hope it all works out!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 8:33 am

Nice chain pickerel.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyTue May 16, 2017 7:16 am

This is exciting! (To me at least)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look under the tab for shopping and view their current sets and sets planned to come. bounce cheers

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyTue May 16, 2017 7:32 am

Looks nice but i had hope for more saltwater fishes :)

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyTue May 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Yeah, but he's very much a Freshwater guy. You get 1! Plus a few kind ofs...

I was just in touch with him on Sunday. Right now it looks like the first sets will be July releases. It all comes down to manufacture and production at this point.

He had originally hoped for April...but this stuff never works out right. No matter, I will have them in my store whenever they come out! And on my shelves...

Although I had thought the goal was 100 species...but some of those have overlaps. \Either way, all good!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyTue May 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Yes, a few i will buy for my zoo :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyWed May 17, 2017 12:33 am

I enjoy the concept despite the overlaps. River Monsters was my only suggestion for a Safari tube I ever made in their Facebook. Great to see that Toy Fish Factory will release two sets dedicated to that subject. The prehistoric and some many others are also very exciting. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyWed May 17, 2017 7:23 am

Sbell, do you know if he will sell any individually? Or if you will? I'm debating some of the sets because I have some of the models, and if it's not a huge improvement I don't want to be left with too many doubles. I also hope he will look at the Pacific coast also, it seems he focused so far on Atlantic species for marine types. Otherwise, I'm excited he chose some of the "monster" fish like arapaima, payara, and so many catfish etc.

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyWed May 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Sbell, do you know if he will sell any individually? Or if you will? I'm debating some of the sets because I have some of the models, and if it's not a huge improvement I don't want to be left with too many doubles. I also hope he will look at the Pacific coast also, it seems he focused so far on Atlantic species for marine types. Otherwise, I'm excited he chose some of the "monster" fish like arapaima, payara, and so many catfish etc.

As far as I know, the models will only be sold in the box sets--it's easier for retailers.

All of the models, as far as I know, are new sculpts even if the species is the same (channel cat, alligator gar and largemouth bass come to mind).

As for focus...it is definitely Eastern skewed. It's hard to tell exactly without a proper list. But it could definitely use a little more western influence.

He has tried to limit the marine sets overall but there are some Pacific ones (like the Pacific Salmon set). But it does still focus heavily on game-oriented fish and North American fish. I don't this is a real surprise, as those would be the most marketable where he is aiming.

I had given my suggestions for his line but we'll see what he does with it. It was more broad taxonomically and geographically. But I can always pick up that slack with my line I suppose...

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyWed May 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

That would be also interesting for me :)

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 10:02 pm

So here's an update--the Replica Toy Fish line will be unavailable from the source as of the 20th of July. Still opportunity to get large lots of some of the fish (he's sold out of many species already though).

And, of course, I will still have some in my store, but even those are thinning out. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for the new line!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! Empty

Back to top Go down

Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next