Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!

Go down 
+3
widukind
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 12:49 am

Anyone have a spare new Steelhead? Looking to buy one.

Last edited by Sparkle on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 2:52 am

Sparkle wrote:
Anyone have a spare Steelhead? Looking to buy one.

The figure has been renamed a Chinook salmon. I think there are some on the site, but mostly seconds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 3:09 am

sbell wrote:
Sparkle wrote:
Anyone have a spare Steelhead? Looking to buy one.

The figure has been renamed a Chinook salmon. I think there are some on the site, but mostly seconds.

Thanks for that, I'm looking for a new one. Hopefully something will turn up.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 5:10 am

Finally the new brand has got some stock in, just the river monsters and American angler sets though. I hope to buy them soon.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Finally the new brand has got some stock in, just the river monsters and American angler sets though. I hope to buy them soon.

Thanks

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 3:02 pm

I have my first ones coming to me, to get a first look! And yeah, he started with 2 sets, it took a while production-wise, but it should hopefully go more smoothly now, with many of the kinks worked out!

I look forward to seeing them soon!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 6:24 pm

Oh, the river monster set looks very promising! The only thing I might wish to add is a payara.

Edit: I see that a payara is planned for a future set.
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 6:46 pm

halichoeres wrote:
Oh, the river monster set looks very promising! The only thing I might wish to add is a payara.

Yeah, there is quite a list of future models planned...I'm a little concerned about the Pirarucu; it looks a little compressed!

From a conservation and retail standpoint...the sets look great. But I'm really hoping that the 2019 trout sets come out sooner...they have proven very popular with people, and it's nice to see some attention to less flashy, but familiar, animals (also looking forward to the suckers one...here's hoping for a set with small North American fish--Trout-Perch, stickleback, johnny darter, FW sculpin, flagfish,something like that). I have had many opportunities to have some say, so we'll see where that goes!

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 6:57 pm

sbell wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

Yeah, there is quite a list of future models planned...I'm a little concerned about the Pirarucu; it looks a little compressed!

From a conservation and retail standpoint...the sets look great. But I'm really hoping that the 2019 trout sets come out sooner...they have proven very popular with people, and it's nice to see some attention to less flashy, but familiar, animals (also looking forward to the suckers one...here's hoping for a set with small North American fish--Trout-Perch, stickleback, johnny darter, FW sculpin, flagfish,something like that). I have had many opportunities to have some say, so we'll see where that goes!

It's a great range overall. The one thing that let me down a bit was that the prehistoric set wasn't remotely prehistoric. I'm guessing the odds of some actual long-extinct species are pretty slim?
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 7:55 pm

halichoeres wrote:
sbell wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

It's a great range overall. The one thing that let me down a bit was that the prehistoric set wasn't remotely prehistoric. I'm guessing the odds of some actual long-extinct species are pretty slim?

You won't see him do prehistoric fish. Not his interest--and seriously, modern freshwater fish (and ecosystems overall) are in more pressing need of attention anyway!

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:07 pm

sbell wrote:
halichoeres wrote:
sbell wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

You won't see him do prehistoric fish. Not his interest--and seriously, modern freshwater fish (and ecosystems overall) are in more pressing need of attention anyway!

Darn! When you say in more pressing need of attention, I guess you mean from a conservation and sustainability standpoint? That's fair enough, but in terms of mismatch between taxonomic diversity and availability of toys, prehistoric fish are much more neglected. Not as bad as prehistoric invertebrates, of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 pm

I like the idea of no for an answer, he can't please everyone. Let him focus on one thing and do it well, there is a serious lack of freshwater fish figures at the moment.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:56 pm

halichoeres wrote:
sbell wrote:
halichoeres wrote:
sbell wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

Darn! When you say in more pressing need of attention, I guess you mean from a conservation and sustainability standpoint? That's fair enough, but in terms of mismatch between taxonomic diversity and availability of toys, prehistoric fish are much more neglected. Not as bad as prehistoric invertebrates, of course.

That is what I meant, yes. Freshwater systems need more attention if we're going to get people to want to protect them.

Prehistoric fish are of course awesome, but they already dead!

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 9:05 pm

I completely agree that he should do whatever he likes. I wouldn't have even thought to ask whether he was doing extinct fish except that one of the sets is called "prehistoric fish," and doesn't actually consist of prehistoric fish. Anyway I'm glad he's making some characoids, and especially that they are characoids that make it unnecessary to hunt down crude DeAgostini and Diramix versions.

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 9:16 pm

halichoeres wrote:
I completely agree that he should do whatever he likes. I wouldn't have even thought to ask whether he was doing extinct fish except that one of the sets is called "prehistoric fish," and doesn't actually consist of prehistoric fish. Anyway I'm glad he's making some characoids, and especially that they are characoids that make it unnecessary to hunt down crude DeAgostini and Diramix versions.

Fair enough--way back when he first started the RTF line, I tried to convince to do a few special edition prehistorics (in the 6" line).

But really, as long as the gars, paddlefish, and bowfin actually make it out this time (last time, the paddlefish and bowfin got stuck at 6" prototypes) I will be very happy!

If the Bull Trout, Arctic Grayling and Goldeye actually make it out, I will be unreasonably thrilled!

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 12:55 am

Good news everyone! I received my first few sets of the new Toy Fish Factory!

The River Monsters are of course the big splash, but the American Angler series is good too. it's easier to compare the latter series to the original RTF series. The sculpts are very similar (maybe the same sculpts, if not molds?) but the paint jobs are a little different.

Really big difference is the material--the new TFF line is much softer material, so there is a little flex to them. The orignal RTF figures, as anyone that has any would know, are a very solid PVC material that doesn't bend.

But enough words---pictures! (Feel free to use these with the 2018 release posts and the TAI)

Set 2: American Angler[/u]

Channel catfish:

Crappie (probably a White Crappie, unlike the RTF that was more like a black crappie due to the speckled markings...still hard to know for sure)

Largemouth bass:

Striped bass:

Bluegill:

And Set 1: River Monsters (I did them in reverse order for the dramatic reveal!)

Giant Snakehead:

Piranha (probably red-bellied, although the tail colour and orange belly are more like Serrasalmus altipinus):

Goliath Tigerfish:

Arapaima (it's a little long-finned, but nice. enough. Maybe there's a longer-finned species?):

Goonch catfish:

One thing that isn't easily clear in the photos--in the goonch and snakehead, the teeth are clearly sculpted and visible. But the figures are small, so it's harded to see in photos!

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 1:18 am

That reminds me. I've been meaning to fill out the "Characiformes" page on TAI. There are a lot more characoid taxa as toys than I expected, though still not many. Still no citharinoids that I know of, which is fine, because if I started on those I'd feel obliged to include the taxonomically overwhelming catfishes.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 5:37 am

halichoeres wrote:
That reminds me. I've been meaning to fill out the "Characiformes" page on TAI. There are a lot more characoid taxa as toys than I expected, though still not many. Still no citharinoids that I know of, which is fine, because if I started on those I'd feel obliged to include the taxonomically overwhelming catfishes.

I've wondered about the fish listings there...there are many missing! In some cases, entire groups!

Like here:

I just got this too--it's the Aqua Night Museum Smalltooth Dragonfish (a Stomiiat~), but the really important one is the prey animal--the only Myctophata I've been able to find, a Lanternfish!

(here's the same figure in spooky glowing!

I've made it my new mission to try and get at least one figure from each above-the-order level clade based on the Betancur reconstruction. Just for fun. And because I want to reconstruct it with figures. Hence, I tracked down the Ogrefish and Soldierfish from Kaiyodo (not my normal things). There are about 8 clades that I still can't find a representative of...who would have thought there are no John Dory figures? Unless there are and we don't have them on the TAI--yet!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 12:19 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 7:10 am

Stunning fish! I can't wait to get them.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 2:49 pm

I just realized that my Dragonfish/Lanternfish doesn't really beloing here--it was responding to a post! I didn't even notice that!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 11:27 pm

Toy Fish Factory is now on TAI with the two current series completed with Sean's pictures.
I may adopt later a style similar to Eikoh. Idea  
Yes, the fish section on TAI is missing a lot of species and taxa but it is also because TAI needs more editors. I've just stopped my New-Ray and AAA editions to be able of introducing all these fish there, some even missing species page.
Now, it is time to remember that I am a collector and that I am very happy with these figures. Do you know the exact material used on it? I confess I liked very much the material used on RTF figures but I understand a softer material could be less expensive and more suitable for children.
I may eventually, when possible, to get some figures. Especially species not represented on RTF collection. I love that crappie, could you confirm that RTF and TFF crappies are represented to the species level as you suggest? The Goliath tigerfish looks almost like a Chap Mei style figure. Not that the species is not interesting or that the real fish is not weird but the final toy lacks a fishy touch. scratch

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 2:03 am

Roger wrote:
Toy Fish Factory is now on TAI with the two current series completed with Sean's pictures.
Yes, the fish section on TAI is missing a lot of species and taxa but it is also because TAI needs more editors. I've just stopped my New-Ray and AAA editions to be able of introducing all these fish there, some even missing species page.
Now, it is time to remember that I am a collector and that I am very happy with these figures. Do you know the exact material used on it? I confess I liked very much the material used on RTF figures but I understand a softer material could be less expensive and more suitable for children.
I may eventually, when possible, to get some figures. Especially species not represented on RTF collection. I love that crappie, could you confirm that RTF and TFF crappies are represented to the species level as you suggest? The Goliath tigerfish looks almost like a Chap Mei style figure. Not that the species is not interesting or that the real fish is not weird but the final toy lacks a fishy touch. scratch

I'm not sure on the materials, but it is definitely softer (just a little,mostly in the fins and caudal peduncles).

Looking at the box art, the crappie is more likely a black; but the paint job says white. So who knows for sure. Maybe I can get Simeon to tell me.

As for the Tigerfish--other than being a little more yellow/gold than expected, their faces are pretty much that. They have a weird jaw hinge that opens the upper and lower, to increase their bite!

And other than the Arapaima, none of the River Monsters fish have been made before (not counting weird DeAgostini/Diramix figures, which are at best stylized representations)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 2:06 am

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

I'm not sure on the materials, but it is definitely softer (just a little,mostly in the fins and caudal peduncles).

Looking at the box art, the crappie is more likely a black; but the paint job says white. So who knows for sure. Maybe I can get Simeon to tell me.

As for the Tigerfish--other than being a little more yellow/gold than expected, their faces are pretty much that. They have a weird jaw hinge that opens the upper and lower, to increase their bite!

And other than the Arapaima, none of the River Monsters fish have been made before (not counting weird DeAgostini/Diramix figures, which are at best stylized representations)

If you get that info from Simeon just let us know. Very Happy
About the tigerfish, I was not saying it is a bad figure, the result is just less convincent than the most part of other figures in my opinion. However, surely much better than those DeAgostini, no comparison possible here. Very Happy

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 3:43 am

Two new sets on their site:

Northern Angler Collection (muskellunge, northern pike, smallmouth bass, yellow perch, walleye)

Gulf Coast Collection (tarpon, speckled trout [a type of drum], redfish, snook, barracuda)

I received the Gulf Coast Collection today!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!   Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Replica Toy Fish Closeout = Toy Fish Factory!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next