Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris’ latest additions ...........

Go down 
+14
schleich61
sauroid
DaveScriv
scot(t)
koniminiatures
LeeAnn
Tarunyada
JonasV
HKHollinstone
widukind
SUSANNE
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Chris Sweetman
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

Chris’ latest additions ........... Empty
PostSubject: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 11:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Plastic figures Donington 30th March 2014 by Chris*4, on Flickr

Left to right: unknown horse, next two Meccano horses - dark brown and grey from Dinky Toys 979 Horse Box, Corgi Toys race horse from 102 Pony Trailer, lioness and lion Corgi Toys, Corgi Toys Emma Peel laying down, Britains Herald Red Deer, Timpo lioness stretching and finally Britains penguin. In the background a plastic fir may be made by Merit?

All bought at the Donington Toy Fair today. Very Happy 

The unknown horse is around OO scale, Dinky and Corgi figures around 1:43rd scale and the red deer, lioness and penguin 1:32nd scale.

Last edited by Chris Sweetman on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 12:02 am

Ha, you're man looks like he's getting eaten. Wink  Otherwise, fantastic additions!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 12:58 am

Oh, happy day! Very Happy
Those are little great figures, Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 8:18 am

They are beautyful  Very Happy 

Tiny, little ones, aren't they ?  cheers 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:58 am

Congratulations Chris, nice newcomers!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:29 am

Congratulations Chris, they are charming!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 12:56 pm

Ohh, awesome new ones, Chris! The horses are so beautiful though they don't have so much details…

Very nice additions and big congrats!  Smile 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 2:01 pm

These look brilliant! Congratulations, Chris! cheers Lovely additions Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 2:13 pm

Congratulations! Very Happy I love the penguin, of course Wink

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 3:49 pm

Nifty additions! I particularly like the leftmost horse and the rockhopper.

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 10:48 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Ha, you're man looks like he's getting eaten. Wink  Otherwise, fantastic additions!

Thank you Paige but the he is actually a she - the famous Emma Peel from the 1960’s TV series the Avengers. And yes I used to watch it when I was a lad! Very Happy 

Roger wrote:
Oh, happy day! Very Happy
Those are little great figures, Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

A pleasure Roger.  Smile 

SUSANNE wrote:
They are beautyful  Very Happy 

Tiny, little ones, aren't they ?  cheers 

They are Susanne much smaller than modern animal figures. The unknown horse on the far left is model railway scale.

widukind wrote:
Congratulations Chris, nice newcomers!!

Thanks Andreas - I haven’t added any animal figures for two months so these are very welcomed.  Very Happy 

HKHollinstone wrote:
Congratulations Chris, they are charming!

Thank you - I just love the charm these older figures exude Harriet.  cheers 

jonesee wrote:
Ohh, awesome new ones, Chris! The horses are so beautiful though they don't have so much details…

Hi Jonas - the two Meccano horses have bridles but along with the Corgi race horse they were designed to be loads for horse boxes so this is the reason why the poses are rather static.  Very Happy 

Tarunyada wrote:
These look brilliant! Congratulations, Chris! :cheers:Lovely additions Very Happy

Many thanks Julie - glad you like them.  Very Happy 

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Congratulations! :DI love the penguin, of course Wink

Thanks 4U - the penguin is lovely and in a neat pose.  cheers 

koniminiatures wrote:
Nifty additions! I particularly like the leftmost horse and the rockhopper.

Thank you Lea K - the smallest horse has the best pose and hopefully someone will be able to identify the manufacturer.  Very Happy

Chris  cat 
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:29 am

[quote="Chris Sweetman"]
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Thank you Paige but the he is actually a she - the famous Emma Peel from the 1960’s TV series the Avengers. And yes I used to watch it when I was a lad! Very Happy 

Oh I'm sorry, I should've read that closer.  Embarassed I didn't know there was a TV series for the Avengers, that's really neat that you watched it. Being part of the "younger" generation I like superheroes/heroines and their comrades, I guess I didn't recognize Emma Peel. Still very cool figures and they're beautiful.  Very Happy 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 4:44 am

Lovely additions Chris! Really interesting figures. Thank you for sharing! (I like Emma Peel too.)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 9:46 am

scot(t) wrote:
like Emma Peel too.)
I loved watching the avengers too! I remember it particularly when we lived in Canada about 13 yrs ago, we used to watch it, it came on in the afternoon.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:01 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Oh I'm sorry, I should've read that closer.  Embarassed I didn't know there was a TV series for the Avengers, that's really neat that you watched it. Being part of the "younger" generation I like superheroes/heroines and their comrades, I guess I didn't recognize Emma Peel. Still very cool figures and they're beautiful.  Very Happy 

I see a generational misunderstanding here: The Avengers UK TV series has nothing to do with the Avengers you have in mind.
No superheroes at all in the old TV series - it was a detective/spy comedy-drama, and very, very, British.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The opening credits:

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 2:29 pm

DaveScriv wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

I see a generational misunderstanding here: The Avengers UK TV series has nothing to do with the Avengers you have in mind.
No superheroes at all in the old TV series - it was a detective/spy comedy-drama, and very, very, British.

The opening credits:

I see now, wow I need to do some research on that TV show, it looks really interesting. Sorry for detracting from the thread, we can get back to the vintage figures now. Embarassed Smile 

Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 3:21 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
DaveScriv wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

The opening credits:

I see now, wow I need to do some research on that TV show, it looks really interesting. Sorry for detracting from the thread, we can get back to the vintage figures now. Embarassed Smile 

Before we get back to vintage figures, here's another, similar in some ways, but more surreal, UK TV series from the same period, which even now has a cult following, 'The Prisoner':

Intro & closing credits:

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 4:00 pm

Chris Sweetman wrote:

jonesee wrote:

Hi Jonas - the two Meccano horses have bridles but along with the Corgi race horse they were designed to be loads for horse boxes so this is the reason why the poses are rather static.  Very Happy 

Oh, interesting, Chris!Very Happy  I still like that tiny one. It looks pretty cool for me! Is it a horse at all? scratch Very Happy 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 6:22 pm

awesome vintage stuff.
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 7:15 pm

jonesee wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:

jonesee wrote:

Oh, interesting, Chris!Very Happy  I still like that tiny one. It looks pretty cool for me! Is it a horse at all? scratch Very Happy 

Hi Jonas

Yes, the tiny model is a horse. Unfortunately, I don’t know who made it. I will post some close-up shots shortly. I love the pose on this one.

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 7:15 pm

sauroid wrote:
awesome vintage stuff.

Many thanks sauroid.  Very Happy 

schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 3:39 am

Fell in love with "The Prisoner" when I was a young lad.  Please beware of "Rover"...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 5:46 pm

That looks really  cyclops question What is that white ball doing to the man?

Ladytilly

Ladytilly

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Great figures! I have the Corgi lion and lioness packed away somewhere, I think they originally came with a black and white jeep with a Longleat Lion logo on it.
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 5:11 am

Carola wrote:
That looks really  cyclops question What is that white ball doing to the man?

Either subduing, or more likely, killing, the poor chap... Shocked Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris’ latest additions ...........   Chris’ latest additions ........... Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris’ latest additions ...........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next