Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons

Go down 
+8
Kikimalou
JonasV
Chris Sweetman
Ana
WILLYBACOMAN
widukind
SUSANNE
DaveScriv
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptySat May 03, 2014 10:04 am

I really love the kittens, they are incredible  cheers 
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptySat May 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I really love the kittens, they are incredible  cheers 

I agree! The bunnies and the hutches are very nice too Applause cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 12:19 am

Awesome and lovely stuff Dave! Now i know at least where the Chinese(Hong-Kong and Singapore) had some models copied from in the farm-range besides Britains and Timpo.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:07 am

Interesting figurines again!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Paul, the editor of 'Plastic warrior' magazine has asked me to remind you all that they have published a 'Special' on the plastic products of Taylor & Barrett (which of course were two separate companies by the time plastics started), and I wrote most of it.

See their website: http://www.plasticwarrior.com and order a copy from there.
You don't have to be a regular subscriber to buy their single company 'Special' publications, and they are all very useful indeed for identifying unmarked vintage UK plastics, however it must be said, as I've told Paul, they are often a bit limited in farm & zoo ranges. Paul's excuse was that many of the smaller companies didn't publish illustrated catalogues, and even simple price lists are hard to find. The descriptions in these lists are often clearer for soldiers, cowboys, etc., than they are for, say, farm animals. There might be several companies which include a 'cow' in their farm list, but that's still not much help if you have several unmarked, unknown, cows in your collection (as I have) when it comes to properly identifying which is which.

Paul has read this thread, it having been recommended by a friend, & I've asked him to join the forum.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 2:36 pm

Always great to hear from you, Dave Very Happy

I am not interested in toy soldiers, but it is very interesting and admireable that people save this information for the future cheers

Also great to go through this topic again, - imagine that a year has passed Shocked

DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 3:04 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Always great to hear from you, Dave Very Happy

I am not interested in toy soldiers, but it is very interesting and admireable that people save this information for the future cheers

Also great to go through this topic again, - imagine that a year has passed Shocked

I haven't posted much anywhere over the past month, because my mother died suddenly from a fall in her bedroom, in which she hit her head (very badly!) on her way down. At least I an be reassured that the evidence indicates she was at least unconscious instantly. I'm the executor and beneficiary, so a lot to sort out.

Her funeral went well, and I'm sure many attending were interested by details in her biography section (which I wrote, but left it to the vicar to read, as I didn't know if I would be too upset to read it myself) about her WW2 activities - 1943-45 at Bletchley Park, on the then very secret, but now very famous, UK decoding of the German Enigma system. My mother was in 'Block C', converting incoming messages (still in code) to bundles of punch cards for the 'Hollerith machines' and 'Collosus' computer to decode.

One of the ways they kept their decoding ability secret was to restrict all but the few bosses to only knowing what was happening in their own building, so my mother never knew what any of the messages were about, and the only war secret she knew (everyone at BP was told this) when D-Day would be about a week or so in advance.

Like everyone at BP, she 'kept the secret', and first told me in 1974, when the first book about BP was published, and top news on TV. We were watching the news, and she said, "I suppose I can tell you now, that's what I did."
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 5:08 pm

I am so sorry for your loss !
Even at our age, it is such a terrible loss to loose one's mom .
I fully understand that you did not trust yourself to read at the funeral.
My warm condolances !!!

How interesting that she worked at Bletchley Park !!!
I just read a book about it Very Happy
Isn't there also a film made about it recently ?

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Dave, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Luckily I still have my mother, but I can't imagine a world without her - even in the future. Condolances and good luck in this hard time.

And what interesting job she had in WWII! Thanks for telling us about it!

SUSANNE wrote:
Isn't there also a film made about it recently ?

Yes, The Imitation Game with Benedict Cumberbatch Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 6:50 pm

I wanted to share pics of the B&S lying tigress made with the same mould than the T&B lioness. Our friend Dave spoke about her in the first page of this topic Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 7:42 pm

Very nice tiger

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 8:50 pm

Beautiful tiger. Congratulations on finding it, I think you'd been looking for it for a while.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 9:23 pm

Great looking tiger!!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 11:19 pm

Thank you Andreas, Roger and Taylor Very Happy

Yes Roger, I was searching for one at a decent price, patience finally paid off.
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 11:00 pm

Fantastic paint survivor! They dodn't look any better in the shop!

H

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 11:28 pm

smallscaleworld wrote:
Fantastic paint survivor! They dodn't look any better in the shop!

H

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons   2 - Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Taylor & Barrett, F.G.Taylor & Sons, A.Barrett & Sons
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3