Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions about Papo

Go down 
+88
Kristie
costicuba
Sergey
Roger
SUSANNE
Florian
Drakulka
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Lumpasaur
Damon
tqcenter2002
NightLioness
Tarunyada
TheLastStardust
orcagirl26
arafan
She-Wolf
Bloodrayne
TheSpottedCat
Carola
ulinuk
LeeAnn
Takama
Juan Andrés
CharolaisStudios
trevok4
The-Toy-Chest
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
Sheepish
VASILIS
Defteros
Duck-Anch-Amun
cwaterfield
PeGe
JonasV
Dr.Narayanan
Maja-Maus
krista
Katty
Numa
Tyler Loew
jesman00
posttenebraslux
MARTINLATIN
pm64
landrover
75senta75
bojan
Saarlooswolfhound
animalluvr6
MarielledeMix
Elros Alvar
Taylcoel
LukaLeon085
Metallisuchus
Deseo
Taos
Steve170
scot(t)
SeanieP
dlfrogman
WILLYBACOMAN
pawprintzinsnow
widukind
LUkaPerry939
Silver Unicornis
Bernyto
baltimore zoo
Suebeedo
SyLoBe
skysthelimit
atabini
lucky luke
Nova
Gab
alexmotoc
Admin
aandmkw
ken yeo
MartinH
Rio
Wildheart
Kiryuha
Yurumi
Lasersword1973
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Gabe
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

Questions about Papo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:59 am

Congrats Susanne cheers
I was hoping that Papo will eventually change those legs

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Thankyou, friends Very Happy

skysthelimit wrote:
..I was hoping that Papo will eventually change those legs

Well, we must not forget that they are toys first of all Wink
This kind of legs make them very stable. I don`t mind, - it is just Papo`s way Laughing

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:39 pm

That's a nice surprise, it's a wonderful figurine. Congratulations (can't wait for mine to arrive!) Very Happy

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:18 pm

affraid B E A U T I F U L
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:50 pm

You must be the first one on the forum to have one Susanne, congratulations cheers It's beautiful, I like the paintwork, it's a big model isn't it!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!!!! Love him thanks for the pictures! cheers

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Thankyou, Bojan, Luka, Harriet and Kelsey cheers

HKHollinstone wrote:
...... it's a big model isn't it!

Yes, it almost fits the VW-calf, they have adopted each other now Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Wow - Susanne, you have it! bounce bounce
Great photos - Even the last photo with the oryx from Vanishing Wild!
Thanks for showing!

_________
Yvette
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

This orix is spectacular model.

I like it very much. I will buy it next month.

Great addition Dear Susanne

SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:21 pm

I am soooo jealous Susanne tongue ...I cannot wait to get him as well. I hope he is not too big that he does not fit into my collection. I think Harriet is correct--you are the first on the forum to have one! All envy you right now. Did you get him from that German online store? mmmm..how much is postage from your country to mine??? lol!
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:46 pm

great addition and thanks for the comparision photos! he is a big guy ain't he??? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:01 pm

And the winner is... Susanne cheers

Big congratulation for this big model, I hope it will be sold in France one day Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:21 am

SeanieP wrote:
great addition and thanks for the comparision photos! he is a big guy ain't he??? Surprised

Thankyou Sean flower Very Happy
Yes,he is quite large, and I think it adds to his charm cheers
But you already found the other post about him [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I can see Wink

PS, I know it is not the right way to spell your name, but I can never rememeber the right way. I hope that is not offending you Embarassed

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:28 am

Thankyou, Yvette, Fernando, Sean and Christiphe flower sunny

SeanieP wrote:
Did you get him from that German online store? mmmm..how much is postage from your country to mine??? lol!

Yes, I got him from Spielzeug-Guenstig.de.
In Denmark we only have Schleich, Schleich and Schleich, - and at ridiculous prices.
The postage FROM Denmark is rather silly , but not as silly as from Sweeden and Norway geek

But they have him at TGF also. Today TGF gives rebate if you enter AUGUST5BN as coupon, or so they say scratch

pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:36 am

Susanne! It is a very nice figure, congratulations...I only wish Papo would create smaller critters...anyway i love your oryx I love you
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:16 am

Susanne, congratulations on the Papo Oryx!! Wow! And thank you for posting such lovely photos!!

I think I am going to end up loving this model.

However, my first reactions were (1) like Shawn, I was surprised at his size. I don't know why I should be surprised. Papo often makes their animals a few notches larger than the other mainstream companies, like Schleich, Safari, Mojo, and CollectA. (Examples: The Moose, the Kudu, the Hippopotamus.) Still it didn't cross my mind that the Oryx would be any larger than, say, the Safari Arabian Oryx. (Your comparison photo on the other papo oryx thread was helpful.)

(2) I don't know why, but my first impression was that it doesn't quite look like the early photos released by Papo. Maybe it's just the way the horns bend back. This isn't necessarily a bad thing; it's just throwing me off a bit. As I said, I feel that it is entirely possible that I will eventually love this figure and in any case I will definitely be purchasing it as soon as it is available in the US. But I find myself wondering again if Papo's greatest strengths this year will be their dogs.

UPDATE: already, the more I look at your pictures, the more excited I am. I am even beginning to like the horns bending back rather than pointing straight up.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:21 am

SUSANNE wrote:

But they have him at TGF also. Today TGF gives rebate if you enter AUGUST5BN as coupon, or so they say scratch

I don't think they have him at TGF. They've had the model listed on their site for many many months now, but not listed as 'in stock'. And he is still not listed as being in stock.

Alas. I just about screamed from excitement there for a moment.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:35 am

scot(t) wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I don't think they have him at TGF. They've had the model listed on their site for many many months now, but not listed as 'in stock'. And he is still not listed as being in stock.

Ahhh, ohhh, SORRY Shocked Embarassed
I did not notice that there is no "add to cart" under the picture geek What a Face

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:48 am

SUSANNE wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Ahhh, ohhh, SORRY Shocked Embarassed
I did not notice that there is no "add to cart" under the picture geek What a Face

Please don't worry about it at all. sunny sunny

I love its face -- its nose and eyes in particular. So lovely. Compare its features to the Schleich Oryx in the comparison picture above and it puts the Schleich to shame. (And I am very pro-schleich, so this is not me taking any opportunity to be hating on schleich.)

Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:49 am

no offense Susanne! I use SeanieP as my "screen" name but my name is actually spelled Shawn. Call me what you want!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:53 am

SeanieP wrote:
no offense Susanne! I use SeanieP as my "screen" name but my name is actually spelled Shawn. Call me what you want!!! Very Happy

Thankyou Shawn Very Happy

MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:10 pm

cant wait to have it too !!! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 4:50 pm

First of all congratulations Susanne for this fantastic addition! Very Happy The first world wide owner of a Papo oryx! Laughing Well, I know someone that already have a 2013 figure but I'll not tell you who is! tongue alien Wink
While watching your great pictures I was noticing how beautiful that figure is and as Scott pointed, I also noticed how bent are the horns. Not the best part of the figure but we understand it is hard to find. I'm still confused how Safari was able of making so straight and thin horns in the Arabian oryx. Maybe they also need to be a little spread but, even with Papo legs, , I continue with my opinion that the Papo oryx is much better than retired Schleich figure. Anyway I admire how such an inaccurate sculpture is so popular among collectors and I have to aplaud Schleich designers. But, if Papo are sometimes so great why don't they achieve the same enthusiasm? Maybe the glued parts is one of the explanations, it is much easier to see it than compare a figure with the real thing. Papo must improve it. The large size is also not popular but I understand they want to make the figure fit with Papo kudu, usually they make similar animals in scale, as we see with big cats what makes a raccoon being much larger than a puma! Laughing
Not much more than 2 years of STS, first times with collectors wishing hardly antelope like figures and 2012 brings 4 sables, 2 gazzeles, a eland, waterbuck, black gnu, oryx! So we only have reasons to feel happy and believe that some brands follow collectors wishes and show to the brands that we are right and they are making the correct choices! Papo oryx? Surely! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:58 am

Thankyou Martilatin and Crogerbert flower

Well, perhaps it was not completely fair to compare the new oryx to the older Schleich one which was designed app 11 years ago ( it was launched in 2002 and retired in 2004).

This makes me think about how fast things are changing these days. scratch

Fashion changes, and other kinds of sculpturers are chosen.
Methods of production as well as the material used improve.

We see how the new brands like Mojo and CollectA struggle to find better materials, with all the problems such experiments bring.
Bullyland also took their toll in this battle. Just see all the problems they had with paint peeling as they were the first to take PVC out of their models and find less toxic paint.
Some collectors still routinely say " The paint peels on Bullyland models" now, many years after the problems were solved.

The Schleich Oryx has serious problems with paint peeling too. It is very, very hard to find one that has no rubs, even if it is still in the sealed plastic bag.
I can imagine all the sleepless nights it must have cost some people at Schleich.

Yes, 2012 is certainly a fantastic year for collectors, - and for children with good taste Wink
"The brands" have worked very hard, and it is hard to imagine all the problems their developers have ( tried to) overcome to make the wishes of the brilliant designers come true.

And still...I payed 4,90 Euros for the Oryx, isn`t it awesome that they can make such small wonders, and sell them, inclusive VAT, shipping, packing, profits to everyone etc, - at such a low price Very Happy

Sorry for my Sunday morning rambling geek Embarassed Laughing

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:15 am

Congrats Susanne!! cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about Papo
Page 10 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next