Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria

Go down 
+2
LeeAnn
blackdanter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
blackdanter

blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria Empty
PostSubject: Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria   Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:28 pm

I'm still around! I've been really busy and haven't had a lot of time to post anywhere. On the plus side - I have continued collecting!  Cool   

Anyway, I think it's time for the lovely Linde Kaffee/Coffee dinosaurs to make an appearance.

Linde dinosaurs were issued as a product premium in the 1950's. There are eight retro styled figures in the set and I love them to bits! They're probably my favourite monochromatic figures. They're made of a soft plastic with a similar texture to Marx or Danone figures but the best thing about them is that the plastic is a random mix of colours which gives an attractive marbled effect. The 1950's issued figures range in colour from pale green through, orange, brown, red, blue, grey to black. More usually they're a mix of darker green/grey. Each figure is marked with the animal name and Linde but no date is present. The figures were reissued for a very short run in the 1990's to coincide with Jurassic Park but these figures were solid primary colours similar to MPC figures. The later 1990's issued figures seem to be incredibly rare and I don't have any examples of those.

The figures are known to have been issued individually and in bagged sets however I only have individual figures and no examples of the bagged sets. I would imagine that they were similar to the Linde wild animal sets.

The Rhamphorynchus is unusually rare. I'm not sure why that would be. Perhaps this figure was not included in bagged sets. I only have one example of this figure and it took me a long time to eventually win one in auction.

I have obtained all of my figures in Austria but they're sometimes available on German Ebay and every now and then elsewhere on Ebay. They appear to be less common than they were but prices for most figures are usually between £4-10. Figures in unusual colourings or dramatic marbled effects command higher prices. The Rhamphorynchus is a tougher one to find and ofen sells for between £15-30. I have never seen these with much marbling of colours and they are usually a green/grey colour or sometimes, a pale green.

I'm so attached to these figures that I find it extremely difficult to part with doubles! This is because the marbling and colouration is so variable and attractive!

The eight figures are:

Tyrannosaurus Rex
Triceratops
Stegosaurus
Brontosaurus
Dimetrodon
Spenacodon
Rhamphorynchus

Here is my collection of these beautiful figures:

Tyrannosaurus Rex

Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria Linde07_zps2c8a21bb

Triceratops

Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria Linde03_zps452a0f6f

Stegosaurus

Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria Linde05_zps15f8b5a2

Brontosaurus

Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria Linde01_zpsc35d1fcd

Dimetrodon

Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria Linde06_zpscdf958e4

Sphenacodon

Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria Linde04_zps97398c43

Rhamphorynchus

Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria Linde08a_zps49edfcd6

Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria Linde08b_zpsf6d9d071

So there you go. Some fantastic oldies well worth searching out.  Wink
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria   Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing! sunny

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria   Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:37 pm

I so totally agree with you ! They are awesome  cheers 

Thankyou very much for telling about these beauties, and for the fine pictures  sunny flower 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria   Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:50 pm

Welcome back!!!!! Very interesting!!!

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
blackdanter

blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

PostSubject: Re: Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria   Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 6:13 pm

Thank you all.

I've often thought about collecting the wild animals and birds that Linde issued in the same period as they're made of the same material and just as attractive ................. but I mustn't stray too far from the dino path!

I would however recommend them to you all. I think you'd all be rather taken with those.  Wink
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria   Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 12:36 am

I love marbled plastics so have coveted these for some time. They are hard to get in the US and tend to be pretty expensive so I haven't gotten any yet. Perhaps someday. Thanks for sharing your with us.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria   Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 6:27 am

blackdanter wrote:
Thank you all.

I've often thought about collecting the wild animals and birds that Linde issued in the same period as they're made of the same material and just as attractive ................. but I mustn't stray too far from the dino path!

I would however recommend them to you all. I think you'd all be rather taken with those.  Wink

Especially the birds set Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria   Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs - Austria Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1