Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review

Go down 
+10
MARTINLATIN
Phexedrine
NightLioness
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
Roger
Ana
LukaLeon085
Carola
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review Empty
PostSubject: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi all  cheers 

I got the CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe ~ and as there is no other walkaround of her in this forum, I decided to give her one.

This is the grey version. There is also a bay one  Smile 

Here she is - she is incredibly cute! I thought that at very first glance  I love you 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Walkaround ~

As for her hoof to float above ground, I can't tell if that applies only to my model or not  silent 

The plastic quality is really great I think. Very hard, like Schleich when they are best. She is very heavy too.

Her pearshape is EXTREME, I think. It is common for Deborah's sculpts, but this one is even more than the regular scale horses  Shocked 
I think it is nice though, that CollectA write the breed on her. That applies to the regular scale horses and other animals as well. Nice thing!

The paintjob is very humble, and there is only a little bit of details. I think it is nice though, that they have not exaggerated with the airbrush shading, which sometimes they do on the horses, and it looks very unnatural.

It is hard to see in the photos, but she does have some different colours and shading in the mane(an tail), although it is faint.

I believe she'll be a great model to work with for customizing artists Smile

A nice detail is that she actually had the chestnuts on her legs painted seperately Smile

Lovely fur details! drunken 

She has a lovely lovely face and expression - so soft and kind  I love you 

This little booklet was around her one foot. Tells about the sculptor(Deborah McDermott) and the variations available.

And compared to CollectA regular scale horses  Very Happy 

The big Lusitano girl has a lot less detail in the sculpting, than her smaller counterparts. I tend to believe that she is an older sculpt by Deborah, because the smaller horses look way more sharp and detailed, and skilfully sculpted. (The paintwork is also more detailed on the smaller horses).

And with her(and some other new ones) I can now expand my scalechart  Wink 

Thank you for looking  Very Happy

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:05 pm

WoW  Shocked 

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Great walk around, nice photos of very nice model. I think her head is very lovely sculpted and she has something really nice in her. Congratulations for getting her! cheers
The extreme pear shape is quite unnatural though. But having so many good points she may be an interesting model to customise indeed. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:05 pm

Thanks for walk around! Very Happy very well presented and great pictures! Very Happy
Lusitano mare has indeed a very cute face, it is however strange, that being a much larger figure, it is less detailed than standard versions. Very Happy
One thing I learned and that is a good point, is that it is heavy, a problem when sending it to anywhere but heavy plastic always give a better feeling experience to the collector. Very Happy anywhere
Carola, as I love your presentations, I would love, when possible, a comparison topic where you describe the differences between the best known 1:12 scale horse lines, like CollectA Deluxe, Safari Blue Ribbon and Breyer Classic! bounce Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:06 am

A model I think looks very dramatic while standing on all fours Wink She is beautiful, though I wish there was more shading around the eyes. When horses don't have shading around the eyes it bothers me scratch But she is a great model, congrats! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:32 am

I can't tell about anatomy but it is a very beautiful model, thank you for the walkaround  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:45 am

LukaLeon085 wrote:
WoW  Shocked 

cheers 

Ana wrote:
Great walk around, nice photos of very nice model. I think her head is very lovely sculpted and she has something really nice in her. Congratulations for getting her! cheers
The extreme pear shape is quite unnatural though.  But having so many good points she may be an interesting model to customise indeed. Smile  

Thank you very much  Very Happy It would be very interesting to see a customized one. With a little reshaping here and there and a new coat of paint she could become a masterpiece, I think  Very Happy But the Original is also cute, and as I personally do not customize, she'll stay how she is  Very Happy 

Roger wrote:
Thanks for walk around! Very Happy very well presented and great pictures! Very Happy
Lusitano mare has indeed a very cute face, it is however strange, that being a much larger figure, it is less detailed than standard versions. Very Happy
One thing I learned and that is a good point, is that it is heavy, a problem when sending it to anywhere but heavy plastic always give a better feeling experience to the collector. Very Happy anywhere
Carola, as I love your presentations, I would love, when possible, a comparison topic where you describe the differences between the best known 1:12 scale horse lines, like CollectA Deluxe, Safari Blue Ribbon and Breyer Classic! bounce Very Happy

Thank you very much  sunny I will be sure to make a comparison topic of the three types of 1:12 horses. I don't know if there are others from other brands in similar scale?  scratch 

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
A model I think looks very dramatic while standing on all fours Wink   She is beautiful, though I wish there was more shading around the eyes. When horses don't have shading around the eyes it bothers me scratch  But she is a great model, congrats! Very Happy

Thank you  cheers Yes, some more shading around he eyes and muzzle would be great. Also on the legs too, I think.

Kikimalou wrote:
I can't tell about anatomy but it is a very beautiful model, thank you for the walkaround  Very Happy 

Thank you a lot  Very Happy As for her anatomy she does have some issues, such as the extreme pearshape, but you don't really see that unless you look from above and under her.

But I think, her face in particular is really great, and she looks like a Lusitano, as when comparing to photos of the breed  Very Happy 

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:51 am

A fantastic walkaround again  cheers 

Carola wrote:

WOW! A picture worth GOLD !!!  bounce cheers 
Perhaps you should make a special topic : Carola's horse-size comparison pictures  bounce 
And perhaps, later, it would be a great idea to insert such fantastic photos in TAI, too  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:27 am

I have no word for her, she is a true beauty. Congrats on having her <3

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:47 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
A fantastic walkaround again  cheers 

WOW! A picture worth GOLD !!!  bounce cheers 
Perhaps you should make a special topic : Carola's horse-size comparison pictures  bounce 
And perhaps, later, it would be a great idea to insert such fantastic photos in TAI, too  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thank you very much Very Happy Cyhyraeth once made a series of photos showing the same breeds of all brands compared to each other. They were really great and informative Very Happy 
I found it right [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] !

NightLioness wrote:
I have no word for her, she is a true beauty. Congrats on having her <3

Thank you very much  Very Happy I adore her. And will be interesting for future Deluxe CollectAs. I really hope they keep the plastic quality as on this girl, it is really a big plus for this model  Very Happy 

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:49 pm

Carola wrote:

Roger wrote:

Thank you very much  sunny I will be sure to make a comparison topic of the three types of 1:12 horses. I don't know if there are others from other brands in similar scale?  scratch 

Yes, I think there are many other companies, current and discontinued that make horses in 1:12 scale once it is the same scale as most dollhouses are made.
Atlantis, Grand Champions, Isis, Julip, Otway, Pegasus, Rydal, etc. Some have a very distinct manufacturing but these 3 (Safari, CollectA and Breyer) are by far, the best known on STS so it is really nice that you'll open a comparison topic about them. Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:59 pm

Just for fun, I went ahead and edited your photo, Carola (I hope you don't mind Smile ) to add shading around the eye. IMHO, just the little bit of shading makes a big difference. Either that or I'm too picky.

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 6:27 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Just for fun, I went ahead and edited your photo, Carola (I hope you don't mind Smile ) to add shading around the eye. IMHO, just the little bit of shading makes a big difference. Either that or I'm too picky.

I don't mind at all  Very Happy The little retouch looks great. It gives a lot more 'depth'  Very Happy 

Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 7:50 pm

Lovely mare, I soon as I get mine, she'll be customized. I also think she is too narrow at the base of the barrel but as it was already said this seems to happen often with Deb McDermott sculpts.

MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 9:18 am

#imust
# havethis
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Roger wrote:

Yes, I think there are many other companies, current and discontinued that make horses in 1:12 scale once it is the same scale as most dollhouses are made.
Atlantis, Grand Champions, Isis, Julip, Otway, Pegasus, Rydal, etc. Some have a very distinct manufacturing but these 3 (Safari, CollectA and Breyer) are by far, the best known on STS so it is really nice that you'll open a comparison topic about them. Very Happy

Roger, I have not forgotten about your request! I will make the topic as soon as I get some good photos  bounce 

Phexedrine wrote:
Lovely mare, I soon as I get mine, she'll be customized. I also think she is too narrow at the base of the barrel but as it was already said this seems to happen often with Deb McDermott sculpts.

That will be very interesting to see  Very Happy 

MARTINLATIN wrote:
#imust
# havethis

cheers cheers Wink 

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:40 am

Congrats Carola! Very beautiful.
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:24 pm

So you got it... She's so awesome I can't sit on this chair! Lovely head and mane and like I was expecting her back isn't too long. Yess! Oh, big congrats for getting her before me and thank you for this walk around! cheers 
And be sure I'm gonna make many customs using that mold! Very Happy 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:22 am

Thank you very much Donny & Jonas  cheers 

Yes, she is gorgeous, and I look forward to see if you make any customs of this model  Very Happy bounce 

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Carola wrote:
Roger wrote:

Roger, I have not forgotten about your request! I will make the topic as soon as I get some good photos  bounce 

Laughing Sleep I already watched it and it is excelent, thanks! flower

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 8:56 am

Roger wrote:
Carola wrote:
Roger wrote:

Laughing Sleep I already watched it and it is excelent, thanks! flower

Thank you  sunny 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 7:10 pm

Nice pics of a nice horse!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
persefone

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 11:30 am

Great pictures and great model!

Each day I have less doubts that I'll start CollectA collection!
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Thank you very much Andreas & Persefone cheers cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2014 Lusitano Mare Deluxe - Walkaround&Review
Page 1 of 1