Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review

Go down 
+6
Ana
widukind
Night Elf
SUSANNE
onatello
Carola
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  Empty
PostSubject: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Yet a CollectA Deluxe Horse walkaround sunny

This was the first horse mold to ever be released in the CollectA 1:12 deluxe scale. There are 3 colour variants; Chestnut, Pinto and Bright Bay. This is the Bay version.

Sculpted by Deborah McDermott.

I was quite positively surprised with this model, as he is actually the first from the deluxe horse line, and I believed he'd be the 'worst' mold - but he is perhaps the best mold yet in the deluxe line - thinking sculpt/conformation/correctness and paintwork.
Only issue I seem to see conformation wise is that he may have a little bit too short back.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A little bit of the legs spread to the sides, but could be for stability.

The shading is quite decent, with a bit of a metallic sheen to it. Overall a nicely shaded coat for a CollectA horse.

He actually has the most detailed eyes of all of the deluxe horses. They are brown with a painted pupil. The other ones have just all black eyes, like Schleich and the CollectA small scale.
I would have loved if they had just added a little pinking to the muzzle/end of the blaze.

I once heard that this model was made of the rubbery plastic that CollectA used for a period of time. This one however is made of hard, solid, heavy plastic and I think the quality is really good. I guess CollectA decided not to use the rubbery plastic anymore?

He's got a very neat face and cute expression. I think he represents the breed very well.

He does have the pearshape, but it seems ok for this mold.

Detailed hooves.

Compared to the small scale Mare.

And he arrived boxed. The deluxe models are also sold loose with a tag around the leg.

Out of the 5 different CollectA deluxe molds, I think the Arabian Stallion is maybe the best regarding conformation and for the bay version - also paintwork! The 2015 Mustang Stallion (palomino) gets the second place. Now it will be interesting to see what 2016 and from then on will add to the line.

And the info scalechart Very Happy

onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 4:44 pm

Congratulations, really nice Arabian.

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 7:42 pm

He is gorgeous !!! cheers
And what a colour drunken

Yes, you would need a very short saddle for him, or he would be bothered as he moves his hind legs, - well, a bit of exaggeraition is ok in a model, isn't it ? Wink

Thankyou for wonderful photos again Applause

Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 8:47 pm

Such beautiful detail! He is stunning. If he was the smaller scale I would snap him up in a second.  Very Happy

(to self:) I do not collect this scale, I do not collect this scale, I do not... geek

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 9:30 pm

Thank you all for the comments cheers

Night Elf wrote:

(to self:) I do not collect this scale, I do not collect this scale, I do not... geek

I once said that to myself too tongue - and miserably failed to keep the rule. No regrets though Wink

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Very nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:19 pm

I think this stallion is very nice. Thank you for walk around Carola Smile
I think my favourite from this scale in CollectA is the mustang Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 11:18 pm

Congrats Carola Very Happy

I have this one too, eventually he will be sold or customized, I just haven't fallen for him. The back is just WAY too short and the pear shape is too extreme. Sad Love everything else though.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 11:31 pm

Despite the flaws pointed previously and the most disturbing to me is really the short body or back. I have to admit my excitment while Reading and watching this topic. I love the delicate legs, head and movment. Color is also great! I love when a horse figure doesn't look like a toy, mainly when it is na Arabian. These horses are very special, They belong to to the wind and the wind belongs to them. This is a fabulous figure unless for me. cheers

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 11:42 pm

What a pretty horse, put aside some flaws. I really like the head and the color is very nice too. Thank you for this Walkaround, great pictures! Applause
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:47 pm

Thank you for the comments cheers

Definitily space for improvement on this line!

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:45 pm

Yes he's really nice the best of them all. I started thinking the freaking back again, you mentioned and yep if only was a tiny tiny bit longer he'd be just perf. Don't think it looks as bad on him than for example on the tb.
The mustang seems to me, to be little roughly sculpted. Like the eyes and forehead seem to pop out the head anytime Very Happy I really like this Arab best.

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 7:46 am

JonasV wrote:
Yes he's really nice the best of them all. I  started thinking the freaking back again, you mentioned and yep if only was a tiny tiny bit longer he'd be just perf. Don't think it looks as bad on him than for example on the tb.
The mustang seems to me, to be little roughly sculpted. Like the eyes and forehead seem to pop out the head anytime Very Happy I really like this Arab best.

I agree the Mustang seems to have a little bit of Chameleon eyes tongue

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review  Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2012 Arabian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review
Page 1 of 1