Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review

Go down 
+11
Roger
landrover
Tupolew Tu-154
widukind
Wilorvise
onatello
LeeAnn
Ana
Jetty
SUSANNE
Carola
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review Empty
PostSubject: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 11:04 am

The last 2015 CollectA releases finally arrived in stores, and I show you here the 1:12 Deluxe Mustang Stallion in Light Palomino. There is also an Overo Paint colour variant.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First thing to say is, that I'm very surprised how nice this model is in all aspects - sculpting, paintwork, material and overall quality.

Walkaround -

The style of the sculpt is like what we know from Deborah's CollectA models - with a very expressive face and lots of personality. I absolutely LOVE his face!
Deborah's sculpts are not always perfect, but still a very high standard within these types of brands.

The paint finish is very matte, and it makes his glossy eyes and nostril gloss detail stand out more. If you like the very matte coat is a question of taste, but personally I really think it suits this model. Some CollectAs have a more shiny coat/plastic feel to them.
The blaze is nicely painted with a little pinking on the muzzle.
Simply fantastic detail  and finish overall.

The shading is subtle and not overdone, as seen sometimes on other CollectAs.
I thought Palominos had white mane and tails, but well, I guess he got his dusty look from life in the wild Rolling Eyes
I think the dramatic flow of mane and tail works great on him, and symbolizes his origin well.

Only complaint I may have is the usual extreme pearshape. Horses are pearshaped, but not that much.
I don't know if it is actually a molding issue, or if Deborah makes them this way.
On his belly it says CollectA Mustang Stallion 2015. That's a nice thing I think - no ugly numbers or stamps, as we see sometimes on CollectAs and Safari in particular.

Here he is with my first Deluxe CollectA, the 2014 Lusitano Mare grey colour variant. For a walkaround of her go [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy Sculptingwise, it is like the Mustang is a better model than the Lusitano. The details are much sharper. And the Lusitano mare, yes, she is still great!

The Mustang Stallion is just as heavy as the Lusitano Mare, and made of hard solid plastic, so he has a great feel of quality to him. He seems way more like a collectible than a toy.

Compared to Schleich, CollectA normal scale, Breyer Classic and Breyer Traditional.

As a collector of larger scales, I really hope that CollectA will continue their Deluxe Horse series and make it just as colourful as their regular small line! So far there are 5 Deluxe molds - and each have a couple of color variations to chose from.

And a nice thing about the Deluxe scale is, that they are most likely compatible with the Breyer Classics line, if one wishes tack, accessories and dolls for their CollectA Deluxes.

Thanks for viewing sunny

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 11:35 am

Carola, this model is just AWESOME cheers
And so are you photos , - as always !!!! sunny

Except for the excessive pear shape, the only minus on this model is that palomions have completely white mane/tail .
If the eyes were blue, this would be a perfect, rare and gorgeous perlino ( Bay homozygote cream) .

Thankyou for this wonderful walkaround and an extra thankyou-thankyou for the size comparison picture Very Happy Applause

Jetty

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 11:42 am

Great modesl and GREAT photo's!! may I ask what set-up do you use.... [ camera, background, lightning ]?
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 12:14 pm

I think it is very beautiful horse, probably the best of collect deluxe horses. I like him a lot! I agree about the colour with Susanne, the mane and tail should be lighter. But we can claim he is a bit dirty, after all it is wild horse ha! Very Happy
Thank you for very nice walk around Carola! And congratulations, it is lovely new model in your collection! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 1:30 pm

He's lovely! I love the color, even though it's not realistic - he looks like a perlino but the eyes should be pale... I'd like to find one of these cheap and repaint the eyes bounce He could be a dunalino but he doesn't have primitive markings either scratch

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Congratulations and thank you for great photos.

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 3:06 pm

Nice horse. He alternates between friendly and pondering the universe a bit reluctantly depending on the angle. I'm not going to collect horses. I'm not going to collect horses. I'm not going to collect horses.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 4:20 pm

Nice horses

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 5:03 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Carola, this model is just AWESOME cheers
And so are you photos , - as always !!!! sunny

Except for the excessive pear shape, the only minus on this model is that palomions have completely white mane/tail .
If the eyes were blue,  this would be a perfect, rare and gorgeous perlino ( Bay homozygote cream) .

Thankyou for this wonderful walkaround and an extra thankyou-thankyou for the size comparison picture Very Happy Applause

Thanks a lot, I'm happy you like him Very Happy

I figured too, he could be perlino, but eyes and darker shading on muzzle just can't be it.

Jetty wrote:
Great modesl and GREAT photo's!! may I ask what set-up do you use.... [ camera, background, lightning ]?

Thanks a lot  sunny I use just daylight, so photography in the late months is a pain. even these photos were close to being in too dark lightening. I once tried to make a photobox, as LeeAnn uses to get sharp photos 24/7, but I haven't been able to make that work yet.

The setup is on top of a white slightly shiny painted shelf and the background is just the wall of my home Very Happy All walls are white here  Razz
And I use a Canon pocket camera - nothing fancy at all Very Happy (although I'd love to get me a 'real' camera one day Rolling Eyes )

Ana wrote:
I think it is very beautiful horse, probably the best of collect deluxe horses. I like him a lot! I agree about the colour with Susanne, the mane and tail should be lighter. But we can claim he is a bit dirty, after all it is wild horse ha!  Very Happy
Thank you for very nice walk around Carola! And congratulations, it is lovely new model in your collection! cheers

He is  a dirty palomino  Rolling Eyes And thanks a lot.

LeeAnn wrote:
He's lovely! I love the color, even though it's not realistic - he looks like a perlino but the eyes should be pale... I'd like to find one of these cheap and repaint the eyes bounce  He could be a dunalino but he doesn't have primitive markings either scratch

Hoping you'll find one  Very Happy Maybe he is just so dirty and dusty it covers the primitive markings  tongue

onatello wrote:
Congratulations and thank you for great photos.

Thanks a lot  sunny

Wilorvise wrote:
Nice horse.  He alternates between friendly and pondering the universe a bit reluctantly depending on the angle.  I'm not going to collect horses. I'm not going to collect horses. I'm not going to collect horses.

You are going to collect horses.

widukind wrote:
Nice horses

Thank you cheers

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 7:13 pm

Nice mustang, but this is not my scale.

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 10:37 pm

I just noticed that the Palomino Mustang doesn't have white socks on the promotional photo: Mustang Stallion on the CollectA website Rolling Eyes .. interesting that they chose to add more detail to the model at final release.

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 10:39 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Nice mustang, but this is not my scale.

Thank you Very Happy They do indeed take up much more space than the regular model size.

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 11:40 pm

is necessary put this horse in my long list.

Him color and pose are splendid.

big congrats.. flower flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 12:13 am

Fantastic presentation! cheers
The "vertical" sculpting style of Deborah's figures is very noticiable once it is a Mustang and I think she should avoid it to this kind of horses, though, when compared witht the Lusitano, it works reasonably. :) The figure has a special "temperament" and it is surely as beautiful in real as your perfect pictures show. We're lucky having your walk arounds. cheers

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:42 am

How amazing! Congrats Carola. and thanks for the photos.

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 3:49 am

This is very beautiful, powerfull horse :)
He has a nice posture and very nice, dinamic mane nad tail.
Although the colors are not so realistic, I like this colors more then the other version :)
And your walkaround is so good, it can makes everyone to love this model :)

Carola wrote:

I like this photo a lot.
The mane and tail look`s to me like ``Yin- Yang`` Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 9:04 am

costicuba wrote:

I like this photo a lot.
The mane and tail look`s to me like ``Yin- Yang`` Very Happy

Wow ! Yes ! Shocked  Perfect ballance cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 9:13 am

I'm so happy I don't know anything about horses, mustangs, manes and pear shapes Laughing  So I can enjoy unreservedly this amazing model sunny
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 9:25 am

Thanks to you all cheers I'm happy you like the new Mustang, I'm sure he loves the attention sunny

Kikimalou wrote:
I'm so happy I don't know anything about horses, mustangs, manes and pear shapes Laughing  So I can enjoy unreservedly this amazing model sunny

lol!

Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 11:57 am

Thank you for the walkaround, looks like a grand model !

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 10:09 am

Phexedrine wrote:
Thank you for the walkaround, looks like a grand model !

He is indeed cheers cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2015 Mustang Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review
Page 1 of 1