Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
blackdanter

blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!  Empty
PostSubject: Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!    Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 3:59 pm

I'm afraid that I don't know an awful lot about this company. I'm aware that they make a range of large sized rubbery stuffed figures which seem to have limited sporadic production runs and, by that, I mean that their figures are available for a few months and then seem to disappear for a much longer period before popping up again. I have seen frogs, lizards, snakes, insects etc and all are big figures. They are all made out of a sort of rubbery latex material which is filled with some form of stuffing. They seem to be sold primarily by Japanese novelty, toy and model shops and hence are not so easy to find in the West.

I first became aware of them a couple of years back when the mystery giant Coelacanth appeared. Unfortunately, every avenue I tried to obtain one from at that time was out of stock. That seemed to be the end of my search as the figures were not restocked anywhere until quite recently, maybe two months ago, when they appeared again on places like Ebay and Amazon ........ but for ridiculously silly prices!  Crying or Very sad 

I managed to find a seller in Japan this time around and was able to get this huge figure for a fraction of the cost listed Ebay or Amazon. I'm very happy to finally have this figure.  Very Happy 

So, here she is.

Coelacanth - Aico
This figure is 22 inches (55cms) in length.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!    Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 8:29 pm

INCREDIBLE FISH  Shocked Shocked 

I just googeled the Coelacanth, and this one is not quite as large as a real, large specimen ( 1,8 meters), but still very, very impressive and beautyful !!!

It must surely be a funny feeling to have such a large model swimming round on your keyboard, and I understand 100 % that you are very happy to have cought her  cheers 

Thankyou for the great photos, I can't stop looking

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!    Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 12:27 am

That's an impressive figure with museum quality, I guess. Very Happy
Coelacants are exciting animals once their thought extinct for a long time and also because they are closely related with terrestrial animals, serving inclusive as an intermediate between some important groups of animals. I've also read some theories disputing it but all of it turns this animal even more interesting. Very Happy
Many congratulations and thanks for sharing. You should be proud of owning it. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!    Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 10:40 am

Unbelievable!! A very beautieful and realistic figurine!! But really really huge!!Big congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!    Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:01 pm

WOW! Very interesting and huge! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!    Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Aico - Not Every Animal Figure Made In Japan Is In Miniature!
Page 1 of 1