Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status

Go down 
+6
Roger
robertelephant
widukind
skysthelimit
HKHollinstone
Philter4
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gast

NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status Empty
PostSubject: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:54 am

Avaliable in May and June, I wanna get them at one!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:08 pm

Very cool, thank you for the information, and especially the photos. I'm going to ask one of my friends to keep their eyes open to see when they are available, I like the markhor and water buffalo the best, but the cats/wolf set is really nice also.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Gast

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Could anyone tell me more about this creature? Is it cross-breeded ? I never seen this animal before.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:35 pm

monsterhouse wrote:
Could anyone tell me more about this creature? Is it cross-breeded ? I never seen this animal before.....
It's a Jacob sheep isn't it
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Gast

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:54 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
monsterhouse wrote:
It's a Jacob sheep isn't it
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks fro telling, i learned something new today
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:56 pm

Great heads, if they would only produce bodies to go with them...

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Great stuff!! Very Happy

Andreas
Back to top Go down
robertelephant

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:18 am

sorry guys the sheep is a MANX LOUGHTAN , not sure if my spelling is coreect its a long tome since I looked after these way back in my zoo career, you were close with jacobs but they are spanish descent and white with large black or brown spots- but also 4 horned.
The Manx sheep come from Isle of Man , in Britain, and are descended from Viking sheep, their closest descendants are CASTLEMILK MOORIT sheep which look very similar but rarely attain such big horns.Both are very similar to wild european mouflon- all domestic sheeps descendants - in that the lambs are tiny, they have almost hairy type wool, cannot be herded by sheepdogs [they scatter] and are very very wild in temperment- dificult to catch or handle.
Both breeds are- at least were when I looked after them in the 80's- considered endangered by the rare breeds survial trust, the Scottish Castlemilks especially so.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:25 am

eThanks Robert, this guys are incredibly strange, while searching I saw the name and is almost the same (manx loaghtan)! It's new for me! :)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 4:52 am

The details is really fine!! Just look at the lion & tiger. How I wish they can also made to papo sizes? Laughing Laughing

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:07 am

robertelephant wrote:
sorry guys the sheep is a MANX LOUGHTAN , not sure if my spelling is coreect its a long tome since I looked after these way back in my zoo career, you were close with jacobs but they are spanish descent and white with large black or brown spots- but also 4 horned.
The Manx sheep come from Isle of Man , in Britain, and are descended from Viking sheep, their closest descendants are CASTLEMILK MOORIT sheep which look very similar but rarely attain such big horns.Both are very similar to wild european mouflon- all domestic sheeps descendants - in that the lambs are tiny, they have almost hairy type wool, cannot be herded by sheepdogs [they scatter] and are very very wild in temperment- dificult to catch or handle.
Both breeds are- at least were when I looked after them in the 80's- considered endangered by the rare breeds survial trust, the Scottish Castlemilks especially so.
Thanks for correcting me Robert, I wasn't sure - they do look very similar. Very interesting read :)

Back to top Go down
robertelephant

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:49 am

Hey Harriet I lived in your part of the world not too long ago and I could see the Isle of Man on a clear day!
when you get this model it'll be special for your collection as Cumbrians always felt an affinity for the Manx! Un fortunatley as far as I know no ones made a herdwicke sheep yet, surprising as everyone says they are "sooo cute!"
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:59 am

robertelephant wrote:
Hey Harriet I lived in your part of the world not too long ago and I could see the Isle of Man on a clear day!
when you get this model it'll be special for your collection as Cumbrians always felt an affinity for the Manx! Un fortunatley as far as I know no ones made a herdwicke sheep yet, surprising as everyone says they are "sooo cute!"
Thanks Robert - I'm not actually a Cumbrian but I have lived up here for the most part of my life, 11 years. I'm not a sheep expert but I think the breeds that I see around the farm and on the fells are the Scottish Black Face and Swaledale sheep.
So you must have lived in Whitehaven area?

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:58 am

Great stuff MH!
Thanks for showing us here! Very Happy

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:23 am

I wish they would make the entire animal rather than just the heads then I would buy all of them. Those antelope heads they did were phenomenal but such a shame they just made the head.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 5:39 am

Schleichzoo wrote:
I wish they would make the entire animal rather than just the heads then I would buy all of them. Those antelope heads they did were phenomenal but such a shame they just made the head.

Absolutely agree with you What a Face
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:45 pm

Me to, is is much better to have the whole animal, instead of just a part... Shocked

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:22 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Me to, is is much better to have the whole animal, instead of just a part... Shocked

Yes Willy bu tI would prefer just a part if I am having roast dinner......lol I couldnt do with the whole animal.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:19 am

You could be very hungry one day Numaan?!?! Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status   NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW japan Takara Animal & insect Head Status
Page 1 of 1