Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround

Go down 
+3
sabulia
widukind
LeeAnn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi friends!
I was asked to make walk around of my recent addition: Iriomote cat (Prionailurus bengalensis iriomotensis) made by Kaiyodo. I hope these photos will help some of you to decide if you need this cat in your collection or not Very Happy

The figure is made of typical Kaiyodo hard and quite brittle plastic (compared to let's say Schleich plastic). As often which Kaiyodo it is puzzle figure so it comes in parts which need to be assembled at home. Though the lines are not very visible when it's done. The dimensions are: L 62mm ; H 36 millimetres; W 17 mm. So scale is around 1:11 - 1:12 (adult Iriomote cat is about 60 cm long excluding tail)  

More info about Iriomote cats are to be found on wikipedia: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Comparison with other Kaiyodo Iriomote cat, the one from Natural Monuments of Japan.

And comparison with Papo tigress.

I must say I really like this tiny figure, it has lovely detail and pose and I think it's very accurate. Also I love the species choice. I wish Kaiyodo would produce whole line of small wild cats from many places around the world. drunken

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:07 pm

What a stunning model! cheers I love seeing Kaiyodo walkarounds, since I'll never own one drunken

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:50 pm

Thank you LeeAnn, I'm glad you like the walk around Very Happy

Back to top Go down
sabulia

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:34 pm

Kaiyodo is very japanese centric with it's widlife figures. However they love making German tank models.
Back to top Go down
sabulia

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:34 pm

Love the tigress
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Yes, you are right, I wish they would make also more animals from other parts of the World. I didn't know about their German tanks models, interesting. Thank you for nice comment Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 6:33 pm

A nice Iriomote cat, dass hanks for the pics Anna :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 7:31 pm

Glad you like them Andreas! cheers

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:26 pm

Thank you for the walkaround Anna, I appreciate a lot cheers

Indeed it is a very nice Iriomote cat with an interesting and unusual pose Cool

I don't know if I wish Kaiyodo will make more smaller cat or if I wish a company like CollectA could make them.

The accuracy level of Western brands increased a lot the last years so I guess we can hope! Nevertheless, there is one point I still prefer on Kaiyodo and Kitan: The quality of painting Applause

Look at that cat, the painting is clear, not too complicated and it looks realistic enough.

Safari Ltd, Mojo Fun and even also Papo have very delicately sculpted models but the painting is not as fine on most models. Only CollectA Wildlife is living upstairs for painting.

Please ladies and gentlemen from the "Majors", have a look on Kaiyodo, Kitan or Yujin paintings... Really! Very Happy

By the way Anna, your other Iriomote cat is really wonderful.... A walkaround maybe? bounce bounce        Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 11:45 pm

Glad you like the walk around Christophe! Very Happy

About "small cats line" wishes, I still think I would prefer to see several small cats rather from Kaiyodo than from "big brands", (unless it would be Papo who would sculpt them?). Kayiodo makes usually figures that are somehow more appealing to me with their diverse choices of poses, anatomy correctness and not too much fur texture. And also mini scale is very handy for me at the moment as I have not much display space. But maybe it's just temporary preference. Few years ago I would probably have said I prefer finish work, (especially kind of plastic) of big brands. scratch

I agree with you about the better painting quality of Japanese brands in general. I too hope the big brands will learn! Very Happy

About another walk around, OK, I hope I will be able to find time for that too! Very Happy The weekend is going to be rainy (at least that what is predicted) so maybe I will stay at home more and take photos again. Wink

Back to top Go down
sabulia

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 1:21 am

I would think the western brands are made in China just like the Japanese ones. I think the difference is the quality of the maquette that is used as a guide to mold and paint the finished product. I also think the small size helps as the chinese are good at small scale detail work demanded from kaiyodo e al.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 6:22 am

Ana wrote:

About "small cats line" wishes, I still think I would prefer to see several small cats rather from Kaiyodo than from "big brands", (unless it would be Papo who would sculpt them?). Kayiodo makes usually figures that are somehow more appealing to me with their diverse choices of poses, anatomy correctness and not too much fur texture. And also mini scale is very handy for me at the moment as I have not much display space. But maybe it's just temporary preference. Few years ago I would probably have said I prefer finish work, (especially kind of plastic) of big brands.  scratch

I agree with you about the better painting quality of Japanese brands in general. I too hope the big brands will learn! Very Happy

About another walk around, OK, I hope I will be able to find time for that too! Very Happy The weekend is going to be rainy (at least that what is predicted) so maybe I will stay at home more and take photos again. Wink

Thanks for the other walkaround, I'm not in a hurry bounce bounce bounce And since I don't work this weekend, I would prefer less rain Wink

I thought about CollectA, and not Papo, because this years models' painting have reached a superior step and they areless expensive and easier to catch than Japanese stuff for me Laughing

sabulia wrote:
I would think the western brands are made in China just like the Japanese ones. I think the difference is the quality of the maquette that is used as a guide to mold and paint the finished product. I also think the small size helps as the chinese are good at small scale detail work demanded from kaiyodo e al.

I agree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 9:24 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Ana wrote:

About "small cats line" wishes, I still think I would prefer to see several small cats rather from Kaiyodo than from "big brands", (unless it would be Papo who would sculpt them?). Kayiodo makes usually figures that are somehow more appealing to me with their diverse choices of poses, anatomy correctness and not too much fur texture. And also mini scale is very handy for me at the moment as I have not much display space. But maybe it's just temporary preference. Few years ago I would probably have said I prefer finish work, (especially kind of plastic) of big brands.  scratch

Thanks for the other walkaround, I'm not in a hurry  bounce  bounce  bounce  And since I don't work this weekend, I would prefer less rain  Wink

I thought about CollectA, and not Papo, because this years models' painting have reached a superior step and they areless expensive and easier to catch than Japanese stuff for me  Laughing

So I hope it will be sunny in Lille Very Happy sunny I will make a walk around of the NMoJ Iriomote cat one day anyway Wink

Yes, most of the time CollectA and Papo and Schleich are easier to get and sometimes cheaper than Kaiyodo or Kitan. Smile

sabulia wrote:

Yes, I think you're right Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 11:21 pm

The only hard decision I see here is which of these cats to get when we only want one. Laughing
I agree the painting is incredible detailed though I am a huge enthusiast of solide figures made of a resistent material even if the painting is not so good. I am finding my joy in some of the new figures from major brands, something ahrd to feel with Japanese figures, maybe the Kaiyodo red fox I received from Christophe is a good exception. By the way, thanks for walk around and that not Japanese tigress I see in your pictures, is one of the major brand figures that makes me really happy. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 11:39 pm

They are so beautyful drunken I love you

I agree ( of course), that the toy-brands could lear a thing or five about paintwork, by looking at theese cats Suspect

Thankyou for the walkaround, Anna, - and congratulations with this lovely model flower

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 9:24 am

Thank you Roger and Susanne, it's nice to hear you like this cat Very Happy sunny

About the material, yes Roger I understand your point Very Happy I like both kinds of material actually. However the nice thing about Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan line is they are solid and made of schleich like plastic. Very Happy

Yes, the tigress is also wonderful!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround   Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo 2014 Iriomote cat walkaround
Page 1 of 1