Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

KAIYODO QUESTION 1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brettnj

Brettnj

Country/State : USA/New Jersey

KAIYODO QUESTION 1 Empty
PostSubject: KAIYODO QUESTION 1   KAIYODO QUESTION 1 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm stuck home this afternoon and trying to entertain myself. As I have a number of Kaiyodo figures on my desk aside my computer, and the one closest to me is the figure I often think earns the award for being the most authentic representation of a subject the company has produced, it occurred to me that it might be fun to pose a series of questions re: the company's figures to members here, starting with:

Which Kaiyodo figures do you think feature the most authentic sculpting--that is to say, is the most realistic, can be photographed and mistaken for the real animal, etc.

The one I have in mind is very close to size appropriate, has no visible seams, and is extraordinarily accurate in its detail--some things to consider when deciding about this answer.

Okay, no photo I'm finding does it justice, so I'll just note it's the Japanese pond turtle hatchling.

Your choice?

If there's interest, later I'll ask more questions--about which are favorites, which you consider the most beautiful, which best captures motions, what you'd like to see produced, which are the mostly cleverly rendered, etc.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

KAIYODO QUESTION 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KAIYODO QUESTION 1   KAIYODO QUESTION 1 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 10:16 pm

We have a similar topic here, but slightly different: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

KAIYODO QUESTION 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KAIYODO QUESTION 1   KAIYODO QUESTION 1 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 3:56 pm

I'd have to pick Leptodora kindtii from their 2014 Capsule Q Museum Animals of Japan part 5 - Lake Biwa set. I haven't an individual picture of it, but it's on the foreground leftmost here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's got very cleverly hidden seams; separately cast, slightly coloured but still translucent internal organs within its transparent carapace; and even individually sculpted "feathers" in its feeding appendages.

It's perhaps an easier texture and colour to render in plastic form than fur or feather, for instance, but for what it's worth, I do think it would be easily mistaken for the real thing if it were plopped into water for some against-the-sky "nature photography". The real animal seems to be slightly famous for being so transparent it's nearly impossible to spot in the wild but for the shadow it casts, though.

Sponsored content

KAIYODO QUESTION 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KAIYODO QUESTION 1   KAIYODO QUESTION 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

KAIYODO QUESTION 1
Page 1 of 1