Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horse finished - page 3

Go down 
+19
HKHollinstone
Wilorvise
Phexedrine
AlphaMareArt
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
MiniZoo
Saarlooswolfhound
costicuba
A.R.Garcia
arafan
Ana
sadie3112
Geospiza fortis
Bloodrayne
Florian
Kikimalou
baltimore zoo
NightLioness
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Here's a bit more of the progress...

Sadie wrote:
It seems to be progressing really well now-in a few days I think it may come to life
Maybe more than just a few days - I'm trying to really take my time and do this as well as I can  Very Happy

Geospiza fortis wrote:
Your 'bones' technique looks like a good one; do you mind if I use it in the future?
Of course! there's no copyright on a technique  Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 11:33 pm

I can't believe this is your first horse! Shocked

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 2:10 pm

It looks good Very Happy Cool

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:53 pm

Finally had a little bit of time to do some more work on this - hope you like it. I've tried to make the face look like a Shagya as it was suggested that my model picture looked like a Shagya Arabian. Just some more minor fussing on details, smoothing and then texturing to go.

Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 10:54 pm

Nice work! Very Happy
Maybe it's just the angle but isn't the head a little big? scratch

Last edited by arafan on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:05 pm

This looks really well done! An animal with such well-documented anatomy means good reference material but also high standards for accuracy- so it is a brave choice. On this latest profile view the muscles have a really striking sense of motion.

The bones images are also great to see. Some sort of abstract animal models like this would have their own value in a collection, I would think. Maquettes, animators' puppets, and the like have their own beauty, don't they?

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 1:11 am

You are very talented sculptor.
Look`s very very good so far. I`m waiting your pictures of finished model with bated breath :)

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:53 am

Great job, I only wish I could create such a masterpiece. Can't wait to see it done. Applause

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Gorgeous! I really like his musculature Very Happy If you don't mind my suggestion - the eyes are little too high up and so are the ears. The ear bulb, eye, and nostril should be in a straight line. Very Happy

MiniZoo

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Arafan wrote:
Nice work! Maybe it's just the angle but isn't the head a little big?
I think the angle does distort the size a bit, but maybe the head is a little big? I'm really not sure scratch I'll post better photos when it's finished and then I hope some of the horse experts will give me some feedback on the anatomical accuracies/ inaccuracies.

A.R.Garcia wrote:
An animal with such well-documented anatomy means good reference material but also high standards for accuracy- so it is a brave choice. On this latest profile view the muscles have a really striking sense of motion.
Thanks Andy, I certainly felt the pressure of representing this animal to the high standards you refer. I've never really spent much time around horses but the process of sculpting one has made me admire them so much more... they have amazing structure and subtleties that I had never contemplated before. My respect for horse sculptors has also grown tenfold!!

Lee-Ann wrote:
Gorgeous! I really like his musculature. If you don't mind my suggestion - the eyes are little too high up and so are the ears. The ear bulb, eye, and nostril should be in a straight line.
Thanks for the great advice. I will do some work on the ears in particular which I think are also too small. The tip about the straight line is a good one that I'll definitely remember!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 1:08 pm

MiniZoo wrote:

Lee-Ann wrote:
Gorgeous! I really like his musculature. If you don't mind my suggestion - the eyes are little too high up and so are the ears. The ear bulb, eye, and nostril should be in a straight line.
Thanks for the great advice. I will do some work on the ears in particular which I think are also too small. The tip about the straight line is a good one that I'll definitely remember!

It is a gorgeous model, WOW !
I was thinking the same as LeeAnn, but who am I to tell a great artist like you geek Laughing

The tip is a great one! We often see in models, that it is hard to get it right. We see this problem even in several Breyer models Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:39 pm

Laughing And Peter Stones! Gosh, that new mustang is a mess.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:58 pm

LeeAnn wrote:

It is so great that I am not the only one thinking that Laughing

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:25 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
MiniZoo wrote:

Lee-Ann wrote:

It is a gorgeous model, WOW !
I was thinking the same as LeeAnn, but who am I to tell a great artist like you geek Laughing

The tip is a great one! We often see in models, that it is hard to get it right. We see this problem even in several Breyer models Very Happy

Here's another thinking the same thing Embarassed Razz Anyway you've done some great work there Very Happy Very Happy cheers This horse looks amazing even work in progress drunken Fantastic!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
AlphaMareArt

AlphaMareArt

Country/State : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:58 am

The body looks amazing but the head looks a little off.

Whoops! Lee-Ann beat me to it!
Back to top Go down
AlphaMareArt

AlphaMareArt

Country/State : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:10 am

LeeAnn wrote:

Not quite as bad a cough cough Make A Wish and S Justadream cough. lol!
Back to top Go down
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

PostSubject: Horse finished!   Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:20 am

Well here it is finished. Thanks to LeeAnn, Suzanne, Jonas and AlphMareArt who made me think harder about the head, I resculpted the ears as a result. This model took me way too long with lots of interruptions and so I struggled with keeping the clay malleable and had a few frustrating moments along the way. Being self critical I think the neck is too short and the head is slightly too large in proportion to the body. All in all I think it turned out ok and I'm pleased with the flow of the fur texture and the musculature in general. As always I welcome all feedback even if it's pointing out faults Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:55 am

I think it's lovely work, congratulations!!! cheers

The head remind me actually very young horse with somewhat naive eyes. It almost feels like foals head. Which also match his colour which looks like bay going grey at very early stage. Only the body muscles are a bit too strong for very young horse.

It's very nicely sculpted horse and it's incredible you did such great work on a first horse you ever made. In my opinion horses are the most difficult animals to sculpt (maybe big cats are equally difficult?)

By the way which horse colours you wanted to make? Bay going grey or grullo? For the bay it would be great to add some black on the lower legs. For grullo you may need to paint dorsal stripe and perhaps some small markings on legs also. Wink

Pictures:
Bay going grey examples

Grullo:

I really like that horse!!! Big congratulations!!! cheers Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Wow what an impressive model ! You did a very good job, kudos !

MiniZoo

MiniZoo

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 12:56 pm

Thanks Phexedrine Smile

Ana wrote:
By the way which horse colours you wanted to make? Bay going grey or grullo? For the bay it would be great to add some black on the lower legs. For grullo you may need to paint dorsal stripe and perhaps some small markings on legs also.

I think the Bay is the better fit for this model, and thanks for pointing this out - I will definitely pay more attention to colouring on my next horse!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 2:50 pm

He's really fantastic for your first horse! Excellent work! cheers

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 4:45 pm

Horses are harder to do than they look :) Good job.

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Horses are difficult but fun to sculp Very Happy Applause Applause Applause 
Great job, it looks fantastic! cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:52 pm

Fantastic work Jason!! Love the muscles and fur texture. The paintwork is beautiful too.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 11:47 pm

I like it! The pose conveys motion very well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horse finished - page 3    Horse finished - page 3  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Horse finished - page 3
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next