Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin

Go down 
+2
Roger
Kikimalou
6 posters
AuthorMessage
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin Empty
PostSubject: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Here's a small walkaround of the big-scaled redfin (Tribolodon hakonensis) released by Kitan as number 7 in their 2011 Nature Techni Colour Japanese Freshwater Fish set. Like all of the fish in the series, the model was sculpted by KOW. Here is the model's slip from the set:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The figurine is of a redfin in spawning colouration, shown in an action pose over some rocks mounted on the Nature Techni Colour hallmark faux-wooden base. Everything is exceedingly well-made, from the model's loving sculpture and engineering to its meticulous paint application. All of the three components of the model - the fish, pebbles and base - are detachable and join together very snugly by an effectively invisible hole-and-peg system. The plastic used has sufficient give to it to prevent the pegs from being liable to snapping, but retains a tough enough surface to keep the paintwork from easily scratching. The moulding detail on my copy at least is literally flawless and the model effectively seamless.

The fish has translucent fins, metallic undertones and the red streaks of its sides have an accurate rusty hue. The eyes have a remarkably lifelike stare, and the open mouth has been painted on the inside as well. Even the pebbles are damnably well painted for "just some pebbles". The little tag on the base gives us the animal's common name in English (as "Japanese dace") and Japanese, as well as the scientific name. The model is 5,5cm long, making it 1:9 scale at the largest.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Overall it's a ridiculously well-made model - I don't think there's an aspect of it that hasn't been executed excellently. I find it easily the finest figurine of the species (Kaiyodo, Yujin and Colorata have all released theirs, too) - and one of the finest fish figurines I've come across, overall.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:10 pm

Freshwater fishes are a mystery for me but your excellent walkaround is very interesting and educative. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:34 pm

Don't worry, all fish are a mystery to me. Laughing I like them like a fool does his bicycle (how's that for a genuine idiom?), but I expect I know far less about them than even that. I'm glad you liked the walkaround - making them is educational for me as well...

Last edited by koniminiatures on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 11:53 pm

Once more thanks for bringing these unusual figures, Lea! Very Happy
Very wonderful piece again and superbly presented. cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 8:23 am

Amazing model !
Even the stones caught my attention, - as you also mention Very Happy

Thankyou for thius great walkaround bounce

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Thanks Susanne, Roger, Christophe - glad to hear you enjoyed it.

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 2:49 pm

Wow, it`s realy beautiful made it. Great model with posture, colors..everything.
I realy like the Kitan`s style.
Great photos Lea :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:49 am

Wonderful fish figurine:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:50 pm

Cheers Kosta & Andreas!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin Empty

Back to top Go down

Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour 2011 Japanese Freshwater Fish set 07 big-scaled redfin
Page 1 of 1