Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".

Go down 
+4
Roger
Wilorvise
costicuba
LeeAnn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". Empty
PostSubject: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 1:30 pm

Yesterday I received one more "Wooly hippo ", which is also made in Italy   Laughing  Laughing

He is from a brand which the seller called "Figir", and I could not find almost nothing about it on the net.
But at last I found this page : http://www.labottegadelsoldatino.it/ , and the brand is F.I.G.I.R. (Fabbrica Italiana Giocattoli Infrangibili Roma), which made composition models up till 1950 .
I google-translated some of it, and it turns out that F.I.G.I.R. mainly made toy soldiers, but also made a series of zoo animals in composition material  cheers

What a happy looking guy  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Even if "Infrangibili" means unbreakable, he is a little damaged, - but then, he is probably a lot older than I am  farao  Wink

Meeting the latest hippo from Schleich :

The Chialu wooly joined the chorous  Laughing

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 1:34 pm

Laughing Someday wooly hippos will take over the world Shocked Congrats on the new member of the club! Wink

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Very nice catch of an interesting brand :))
Congrats Susanne. Thank you for shareing :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 4:36 pm

A interesting hippo!!  Big congratulations,  a great catch!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 5:22 pm

congrats on both the hippo and gaining info :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 6:41 pm

Thankyou Kosta, Andreas and Laura Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 7:30 pm

Discovering new brands! Very Happy FIGIR, never heard of it before you telling me. It seems there is an interesting Italian tradition of vintage toys that we don't know yet very well. British, German and French toys seems more popular around. It is not easy to find more information than what you have found.
We can read in that website that composition was replaced by plastic in 1968 for soldiers, so much probably the same happened with animals. Your hippo have for sure not less than 50 years. I believe we can find more information about the Zoo collection if we contact Mr. Antonini, not the original founder but a 3rd generation person of the family that is keeping the business. Anyone with good Italian? Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 7:38 pm

Nice whippo and interresting informations. Italian member help is needed bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 7:41 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
...... Italian member help is needed bounce

bounce bounce bounce Very Happy

smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 8:52 pm

There have been two books on Italian figures covering composition, but both were a while ago now and limited/private publications. The first had very good potted-histories of the main companies, most of whom started with composition....or 'pasta'.

One had a website/webpage but I've lost it, maybe someone has it bookmarked? scratch

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 8:55 pm

Here is one of them! cyclops

Added - The book page here lists three, the bottom one is the one I was thinking of, the middle one is more general and covers other countries products, the top one is the newer one I havn't seen yet, but it sounds good!

eBay - smallscaleworld

Last edited by smallscaleworld on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More stuff to say!)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:19 pm

Thank you for the link Smallscaleworld Very Happy

Susanne, the more I look at this Happypotamus, the more I love it drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Yes, many thanks Hugh! Very Happy I e-mailed Lorenzo Antonini, the current owner of a shop of soldier toys called La Bottega del Soltadino. I did it in English but if I have the luck of having a reply, I'll share with all of you. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Thankyou very much Smallscaleworld flower

Christophe, - Fippopotamus sends you a serenade Laughing

Roger wrote:
Yes, many thanks Hugh! Very Happy I e-mailed Lorenzo Antonini, the current owner of a shop of soldier toys called La Bottega del Soltadino. I did it in English but if I have the luck of having a reply, I'll share with all of you. Very Happy

WOW ! That was fast ! Hurray for our great crocodile alien cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 3:09 pm

Thank you for this information :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".   F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo". Empty

Back to top Go down

F.I.G.I.R. - one more "wooly hippo".
Page 1 of 1