Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The AAA Hippo was not their best...

Go down 
+5
Kikimalou
Rio
Roger
SUSANNE
weaselfan93
9 posters
AuthorMessage
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

The AAA Hippo was not their best... Empty
PostSubject: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:07 am

The AAA Hippo was not their best...who agrees?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Do you mean these ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I my opinion they are wonderful Wink

They were made at least 20 years ago, and were sold also by Bullyland.
I love both the figueres and consider them "half-classic", almost ready to come in the "older figueres" category Very Happy farao

I think AAA has also made some "cute" hippoes, - and probably more ( and more detailed) since then.
Do you have them ? Very Happy

Does anybody have pictures of other AAA-hippos ? bounce
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

PostSubject: hippos   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:10 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Do you mean these ?

I love both the figueres and consider them "half-classic", almost ready to come in the "older figueres" category Very Happy farao

I think AAA has also made some "cute" hippoes, - and probably more ( and more detailed) since then.

i do mean those. i do not have either one and i was referring to the aullt hippo. my sister once had the baby hippo in your picture. i just think that the hippo is not nearly as impressive as the ones by Schleich or Safari Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Very Happy The ones from Schleich were not that detailed then either.

Here Schleich Classics ( 1980`s)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And the "ordinary" Schleich that was made in `91

I don`t know about safari. We could never buy them here in Denmark, and I do not have Safari catalogues that old silent
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 3:42 pm

Lance, I don't have the AAA hippo, but seeing from pictures it looks a regular quality figure! I think Schleich hippos are also not impressive. From my knowledge the most interesting is this one you can find clicking in the link below

I don't have it but people in the forum also loves the Safari WW hippo but is a large figure while :) I'd loved to see closer pictures from your Safari hippo with closed mouth!
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 2:52 pm

I have both those hippos and also this one

Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Rio wrote:

it seems to be a copy of the BRITAINS hippo Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 4:18 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Rio wrote:

Yes it does doesn't it Suspect Is it bigger though? I think there's another AAA hippo scratch

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 4:34 pm

It remembers the Britains, anyway from the 3 here posted this is the one I think is more interesting!
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Roger wrote:
Lance, I don't have the AAA hippo, but seeing from pictures it looks a regular quality figure! I think Schleich hippos are also not impressive. From my knowledge the most interesting is this one you can find clicking in the link below

I don't have it but people in the forum also loves the Safari WW hippo but is a large figure while :) I'd loved to see closer pictures from your Safari hippo with closed mouth!

Here is the Safari and Papo Hippos, sorry for the Poor picture quality, my camera is not great.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 5:21 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:
Roger wrote:

Here is the Safari and Papo Hippos, sorry for the Poor picture quality, my camera is not great.

Thanks Lance! You have the retired Papo hippo! You will love the new one!
I am one of the persons in this forum that like hippos with mouth closed! :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 10:14 am

Congratulations with your lovely ( if that is the word scratch ) hippoes, Lance flower

I like the old Papo-hippo very much, even if his younger friend is more accurate Wink
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 2:54 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Rio wrote:

Yes it does doesn't it Suspect Is it bigger though? I think there's another AAA hippo scratch

Yep, this one is bigger and by AAA. There is another hippo, I believe, but I haven't bid on it because I do not like the colour. I have the calf to go with it, ebay seller sent the wrong one, and it's pink with like a marble effect almost.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:19 pm

The old AAA/ELC hippo's, made for Bullyland are not good in their shape indeed, but the old Safari and Papo are not much better either, haha.
Same for the old male hippo with mouth open made by Schleich.
The one with the mouth closed is much better already.
The old Britains, from which is a copy shown here before indeed, is a very good model, and is actually a very old mould, even made in metall before.
The best today is the newest Papo model IMHO.(yes Baltimore! Laughing )

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:17 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
The old AAA/ELC hippo's, made for Bullyland are not good in their shape indeed, but the old Safari and Papo are not much better either, haha.
Same for the old male hippo with mouth open made by Schleich.
The one with the mouth closed is much better already.
The old Britains, from which is a copy shown here before indeed, is a very good model, and is actually a very old mould, even made in metall before.
The best today is the newest Papo model IMHO.(yes Baltimore! Laughing )

The Lineol looks fantastic, maybe in real it is not so good! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Kiana84

Kiana84

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:23 am

Does all animals have that AAA somewhere?

I have exactly same kind of hippo family like what was in a first picture up, but they don't have AAA anywhere... Sad They are something really heavy material...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:42 am

There are many copies of AAAs. But they are never exactly the same, I think scratch
Sometimes the AAA is hard to see, - inside the leg or such .
Or do they have another brand name, perhaps ? AAA has made models for ELC, with the ELC-bran on.
Many AAAs were also sold by Schleich and Bullyland , but with the AAA-logo only.
(Sorry if you know this already Embarassed It is not to be a busybody Wink )

Back to top Go down
Kiana84

Kiana84

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:57 am

Thank you for info! :) I have been collecting only schleich so I dont know anything about these others! :) I think those are maybe copies then... I do have two real AAA's also, baby zebra, found from second-hand shop and baby lion what I have from my childhood. Same set had mother and another baby too but had lost them Sad

I'm lousy with computer's but I'll try to take photos of them some day :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:38 am

am happy if it was of a little help Very Happy

Don`t be nervous about inserting pictures, - I am probably the worst clown on earth with computers, and after a while I can insert pictures very easily Wink

Only...I think you have to have been a member for a week, before the system will allow you to insert pictures Crying or Very sad

This is probably to avoid "Trolls", - people who have nothing better to do than to annoy others scratch

Have you seen how to do it ?
There are several ways, you can see some here :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] study
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:08 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Do you mean these ?

i do mean those. i do not have either one and i was referring to the aullt hippo. my sister once had the baby hippo in your picture. i just think that the hippo is not nearly as impressive as the ones by Schleich or Safari Very Happy

That is because the nose is not in the same angle as the forehead, the eyes and the ears; it'sa just like if there was an articulation between the nose and the eyes. That is the reason why you think it looks so strange.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Impressive hippos for me are Papo, Mojo, Britains and Lineol! Very Happy cheers

PostSubject: Re: The AAA Hippo was not their best...   The AAA Hippo was not their best... Empty

Back to top Go down

The AAA Hippo was not their best...
Page 1 of 1