Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pru

Country/State : USA/California

Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden Empty
PostSubject: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 6:38 pm

Hello, I recently bought this toy kit made in Germany in a lot of board games from the 1930s. There are no identifying marks that I could find. The animals appear to be two halves of pressed paper pulp that are painted. Each has a small thread loop on its back. They are very light and fragile but the entire box appears to never have been assembled.

There is one larger elephant in the box that is marked JAPAN and must be from a later era (celluloid?). Here is a link to the album:

https://imgur.com/a/pDZFR

Thank you for any help.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 8:44 pm

HOLY HAMSTER affraid

I don't know the brand, but this is fabulous cheers
It...it...I have to cite Christophe : " I can't find anything intelligent to say" Shocked

WOW bounce Applause cheers

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 8:47 pm

It looks fabulous! cheers I'm sorry, Pru, I can't help you out for I don't know much about vintage brands, but it looks like a great catch Very Happy

And welcome to the forum!

SUSANNE wrote:
I can't find anything intelligent to say

Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
pru

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Thanks! I drove 50 miles to pick it up knowing it was special, but I am always shocked when a Google search comes up empty. I guess not everything in on the Internet, yet. Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:31 pm

Does it say where it is made ?

pru

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Yes, the box and instructions say made in Germany. I've been Googling more and the closest thing I can find so far is "dresden paper animal ornaments"
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:25 pm

...and they are NOT paper ornaments Laughing

Well, we have lots of German members, - it must be possible to find out something about this awesome set scratch

pru

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:30 pm

I put out a couple more feelers with antique dealers but in the meantime I will try to get some better photos up in the next couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:53 pm

pru wrote:
I put out a couple more feelers with antique dealers but in the meantime I will try to get some better photos up in the next couple of days.

Yes more photos please, I have no ideas now but who knows?
Back to top Go down
pru

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 1:35 am

This sure looks a lot like my elephant! http://morphyauctions.hibid.com/lot/4926816/dresden-elephant-christmas-ornament-
Back to top Go down
pru

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 6:13 am

Here are close-ups of the animals, with a U.S. quarter coin to show size: https://imgur.com/a/JfTMp
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 8:59 am

They are delightful cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:40 am

Welcome here, what a incredible catch. I saw in the Munich toy museum celluloid figurines. I think they was called as " Erzgebirge".  Yvette lives in Munich and can sayy if i am right:).  But i dont know if Erzgebirge mean a brand because it is a area not far from my hometown to. Today the Erzgebirge is famous for wooden, mostly christmas, figurines (but also animals)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden   Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden Empty

Back to top Go down

Can someone tell me more about The Zoological Garden
Page 1 of 1