Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January

Go down 
+5
Uroplatus
Saarlooswolfhound
arafan
lucky luke
NightLioness
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January Empty
PostSubject: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:03 pm

Here is a place to post and discuss all the 2016 South American WildLife models from all brands. New official Pics will be added on the first post when available. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Carribean flamingo Papo

Chilean Flamingo Schleich

Keel-billed Toucan Safari Ltd

Poison dart frog (red) Papo

Puma Papo

Red-eye tree frog Papo

Roseate spoonbill safari Ltd

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:09 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Whoot, always happy to see these types of topics cheers Gives a good overall sight of the models.

- Flamingo: Hmm, not bad. Maybe I need some pink in my collection Wink
- Frog: o.0 Go hop away little one, your toes are weird....

Last edited by NightLioness on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:00 pm

The Flamingo is a Chilean one and I hope it will not be as tall as the 2015 Ostrich Very Happy

For the frog, aven with better toes I can't see what species it could be confused
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:28 pm

Christophe thank you for your work; monkey cheers Applause Applause Applause

Fortunately there is a pink flament now a bit simple for my taste pose, jespèrais with a chick on the slope. Wink
Finally already a new species! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:03 pm

I really hope that some other brands will release some more flamingos. Or I will need more than one, flamingos can only be happy as a group. :)

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:12 pm

arafan wrote:
I really hope that some other brands will release some more flamingos. Or I will need more than one, flamingos can only be happy as a group. :)

cheers cheers

You can alway add the Safari one Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:17 pm

Most flamingos are kind of ruined by adding support to the legs, such as with CollectA and Bully, but in this case I can tolerate the use of a small dirt stand for it. And the frog is supposed to be a poison dart frog, though no poison dart frogs I've seen have yellow in addition to red and black.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:45 pm

I'm a little amazed that flamingos are so often in the animal market but the most of them aren't really good.
But maybe this flamingo is also a good candidate for some custing works. And I really hope it isn't too big.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 4:03 am

NightLioness wrote:
arafan wrote:
cheers cheers
You can alway add the Safari one Wink

The Safari Ltd one is a Carribean flamingo, not the same species, and I really hope the Schleich one will be smaller Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Most flamingos are kind of ruined by adding support to the legs, such as with CollectA and Bully, but in this case I can tolerate the use of a small dirt stand for it. And the frog is supposed to be a poison dart frog, though no poison dart frogs I've seen have yellow in addition to red and black.

Even without the yellow lines, no red poison dart frog has this kind of black pattern Suspect
Back to top Go down
Uroplatus

Uroplatus

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 9:52 am

Kikimalou wrote:

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
And the frog is supposed to be a poison dart frog, though no poison dart frogs I've seen have yellow in addition to red and black.

Even without the yellow lines, no red poison dart frog has this kind of black pattern Suspect

Well, let's say i have been into frogs ( studied, kept and bred them for an exctensive period of time ) and i'm 99% sure that the frogs colloration is not based on a poison dart frog but most likely on a reed frog species.., Hyperolius viridiflavus , which would actually make it an African species.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 9:56 am

Uroplatus wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
And the frog is supposed to be a poison dart frog, though no poison dart frogs I've seen have yellow in addition to red and black.

Well, let's say i have been into frogs ( studied, kept and bred them for an exctensive period of time ) and i'm 99% sure that the frogs colloration is not based on a poison dart frog but most likely on a reed frog species.., Hyperolius viridiflavus , which would actually make it an African species.

Shocked Common reed frog!. Of course you are right Applause
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 12:10 pm

I am glad it is a Chilean flamingo, judging the structure I suspect it will be as tall as the last stork. Shocked I'll get it much probably. Very Happy

Uroplatus wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

That's nice to know that this frog can be attributed to a real species even if it is not a poison dart frog. Maybe the use of it in JP influenced Schleich decision. :)

arafan

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 2:07 pm

Uroplatus wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Great that the painting is based on a real frog, thank you! Honestly I even didn't know that species.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 6:09 pm

No more frog here Laughing
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

I told him to do that Wink Razz Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 7:47 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

I told him to do that Wink Razz Laughing

tongue
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:29 am

Keel-billed Toucan added
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:59 pm

Roseate spoonbill added Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 2:10 pm

Papo fauna added tongue
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 4:44 pm

Christophe thank you very much for your work! monkey Applause cheers study
Roseate Spoonbill, Flamingo and puma are on my wish list Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 6:02 pm

Thank you Lucky Luke Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Funny how some of the brands are now starting to name animals by specific species such as Schleich's Chilean Flamingo and Safari's Roseate spoonbill rather than just Flamingo or spoonbill......I wonder who started the trend
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 4:31 pm

I don't think that Schleich really did named their flamingo, it were dome of us because it looks like a chilean, I think that Schleich doesn't even know that there are flamingoes in South America because it's in their African section.

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 5:23 pm

But at least they realized there are flamingos. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 7:06 pm

arafan wrote:
I don't think that Schleich really did named their flamingo, it were dome of us because it looks like a chilean, I think that Schleich doesn't even know that there are flamingoes in South America because it's in their African section.

Absolutely right Laughing

Wilorvise wrote:
But at least they realized there are flamingos. :)

Absolutely right Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January   2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 South American Wildlife from all brands - Updated 3rd January
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next