Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Starlux Collection Part 1

Go down 
+5
Kikimalou
aandmkw
Philter4
HKHollinstone
WILLYBACOMAN
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:30 am

Awesome! A kiwi! Not common among toys!
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:12 am

Beautiful figures, Willy. The antelopes are beautiful and of course, how can anyone not love a kiwi, in any form?

On a New Zealand-related note, has any maker ever done a tuatara model?
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:31 am

I think Kaiyodo/Furuta has done a tuatara. I think there is also an Austrailian Cadbury Yowie verson. I do not remember if Colorata's reptile set has one or not...
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 6:57 am

schleich61 wrote:
Beautiful figures, Willy. The antelopes are beautiful and of course, how can anyone not love a kiwi, in any form?

On a New Zealand-related note, has any maker ever done a tuatara model?

bmathison1972 wrote:
I think Kaiyodo/Furuta has done a tuatara. I think there is also an Austrailian Cadbury Yowie verson. I do not remember if Colorata's reptile set has one or not...

Yes KAIYODO made one which was a secret item in the 2nd Dinotales serie.

And COLORATA made one for it's Reptiles set :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:17 am

Hmmm...Kaiyodo and Colorata. Thanks for the info, Blaine and Christophe. Great photo of a very nice tuatara. He looks like he has an "old soul" which is appropriate, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Tuatara   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:40 am

Hi Friends,

here´s another Tuatara from Science and Nature, Animals of New Zealand:

Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Tuatara   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:44 am

And here´s the Tuatara from the Yowies:

Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 9:40 am

So, like the three musketeers, they are four Laughing

Thank you Torben
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:02 am

Years ago, when I lived in San Diego, I went to visit the zoo. Through my dealings with animals I have made many friends in zoos and animal parks. Anyway in the early 90's the zoo aquired 10 young tuataras. At the time there were only 11 outside of New Zeland or Australia, and the San Diego Zoo had 10 of those. Anyway, I asked the Reptile keepers if I could see them and they said yes. For those who don't know about tuataras, they are cold loving reptiles, not really closely related to lizards even though they look like lizards. they have been around for millions of years and have not changed, the fossils of some that are 65+ million years old are the same species that is around today. Back to the story, they were kept in a huge, specially made "refrigerator" kept at 55 deg, with 2 generators in case of a power outage, they die if the temps get above 70. Anyway we were taken in to the room, and I just expected to see them, but the keeper opened the cage, took one out and handed it to my wife. She thought it was cute, but had no idea of what she was holding. He then grabbed another on and gave it to me, it was amazing.

Just a quick note, in the following years 9 of the 10 died, the 10th was eventually returned to New Zeland.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I found some new Starlux items for my collection.
I could buy much more, but this particular seller is asking very high prices.
so i decided to buy only a few from him that i really wanted, and are worth the price maybe.
Saberantelope from the WWF series
[/URL]

The Graal ! It is the Graal of the Starlux ! cheers

One day I will have one santa

Thanks guys, i just love Starlux too!
Hey mon ami, don't tell me, that you don't have a Starlux saberantelope?!? Shocked
Just you and your huge Starlux collection... Shocked
Why didn't you tell me? Pourquoi?
Maybe my seller has another one? Laughing
Is this one of the rarest Starlux to get then, or just one of the rarest? question

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:47 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Thanks guys, i just love Starlux too!
Hey mon ami, don't tell me, that you don't have a Starlux saberantelope?!? Shocked
Just you and your huge Starlux collection... Shocked
Why didn't you tell me? Pourquoi?
Maybe my seller has another one? Laughing
Is this one of the rarest Starlux to get then, or just one of the rarest? question

So you didn' know I haven't got the Sable ?!? Shocked I thought you knew my collection better than me No lol!

About my hhhuuuggghhheee STARLUX collection... It is not hughe now but it was : I sold some a few years ago for some philosophical reasons which can change of course because of philosophical reasons jocolor
But even when it was hughe, I never had the sable, walking gorilla and pygmy hippo Sad But surely one day... cheers

About the sable, it is IMHO the rarest of all the STARLUX wild animals.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Very nice additions Willy, I like the sable antelope and kiwi most cat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks for the additional tuatara photos, Torben. They are quite nice, and the Yowie is charming.

Great story, Phil. So, you handled a dinosaur, eh?! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:00 pm

Philter4 wrote:
Years ago, when I lived in San Diego, I went to visit the zoo. Through my dealings with animals I have made many friends in zoos and animal parks. Anyway in the early 90's the zoo aquired 10 young tuataras. At the time there were only 11 outside of New Zeland or Australia, and the San Diego Zoo had 10 of those. Anyway, I asked the Reptile keepers if I could see them and they said yes. For those who don't know about tuataras, they are cold loving reptiles, not really closely related to lizards even though they look like lizards. they have been around for millions of years and have not changed, the fossils of some that are 65+ million years old are the same species that is around today. Back to the story, they were kept in a huge, specially made "refrigerator" kept at 55 deg, with 2 generators in case of a power outage, they die if the temps get above 70. Anyway we were taken in to the room, and I just expected to see them, but the keeper opened the cage, took one out and handed it to my wife. She thought it was cute, but had no idea of what she was holding. He then grabbed another on and gave it to me, it was amazing.

Ah, this is amazing story Phil, thank You for telling it cat It must be beautiful feeling when You look at rare animal, and when You can keep it in hand it must be just great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Ana wrote:
Philter4 wrote:

Ah, this is amazing story Phil, thank You for telling it cat It must be beautiful feeling when You look at rare animal, and when You can keep it in hand it must be just great. Very Happy

Must have been fantastic holding one!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 2:45 am

Ok then mon ami, so i have a very rare Starlux model now, which you didn't even had as a Frenchmen???!!!
I think that is a compliment, and i must be very lucky then! cheers
But we will find one for you in the future my friend! Very Happy

Holding those rare animals must be a special feeling Phil!
It must have brought you back in animal-history...

PostSubject: Re: My Starlux Collection Part 1   My Starlux Collection Part 1 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Starlux Collection Part 1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Vintage Companies :: Starlux-
Jump to: