Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures

Go down 
+13
ken yeo
SchleichWildlife
MARTINLATIN
Tupolew Tu-154
Dum_my
widukind
shadoweon
ghostme9
Roger
sbell
Wilorvise
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ghostme9

ghostme9

Country/State : UK

Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 4:04 pm

I certainly have more fun now than I did as a kid with scenery sets. I don't know why model scenery is so idyllic when you get older. Almost as if you want to create the perfect world as you realise this one isn't...... (or is that way tooo deep for this forum :-))

pokeyanyway

Country/State : Kentucky, United States

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:58 pm

ghostme9 wrote:
I certainly have more fun now than I did as a kid with scenery sets.  I don't know why model scenery is so idyllic when you get older.  Almost as if you want to create the perfect world as you realise this one isn't......  (or is that way tooo deep for this forum :-))

Some of these realistic dioramas that other collectors have on here are absolutely amazing. I've always dreamed of being able to do that one day. It would look very nice with the current line and several of the retired ones. If I am ever one day able to do that, I'd probably feel pretty good. Very Happy

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
And the rest are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 10:57 am

ghostme9 wrote:
I certainly have more fun now than I did as a kid with scenery sets.  I don't know why model scenery is so idyllic when you get older.  Almost as if you want to create the perfect world as you realise this one isn't......  (or is that way tooo deep for this forum :-))

Well said Ghostme9 ! As kids we see the world "with and in " all its innocence and then the journey begins of experiencing how it is actually ... The model scenery is one way of reaching out for that "Peaceful World" and of what could have been or has been ... ( nothing is too deep on the forum cheers ) .. Ive been always fascinated and captivated by the miniature world especially .. it puts a spell on me drunken

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 2:21 pm

ghostme9 wrote:

Laughing Laughing I think there are some pretty deep thinking people around here Laughing

Perhaps children have more imagination ?
I remeber back in the stoneage, when we played with model animals on the lawn, using stones and earth and branches for landscapes and stables and such. We had great fun Laughing
I can't really imagine myself doing that now...for one thong I would have a problem getting up again, if first I had been sitting there for some time farao Laughing

JamesPanda

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 12:56 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
ghostme9 wrote:

Laughing Laughing I think there are some pretty deep thinking people around here Laughing

Perhaps children have more imagination ?
I remeber back in the stoneage, when we played with model animals on the lawn, using stones and earth and branches for landscapes and stables and such. We had great fun Laughing
I can't really imagine myself doing that now...for one thong I would have a problem getting up again, if first I had been sitting there for some time farao Laughing

Susanne me too !! there was a large Almond tree in our small garden those days and the roots made very interesting landscapes ,the rivers beds used to be cut out with some imagination and even having water pass down it , for me having a toy was a big luxury then... and I appreciate and love the collection I can afford today ! I love you

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 9:13 pm

JamesPanda wrote:

Susanne me too !! there was a large Almond tree in our small garden those days and the roots made very interesting landscapes ,the rivers beds used to be cut out with some imagination and even having water pass down it , for me having a toy was a big luxury then... and I appreciate and love the collection I can afford today ! I love you

That sounds like the perfect landscape for playing in, - and what is more fun for children than playing with water and mud ? Laughing

And, yes ! Aren't we lucky to be able to live out the joy of the wonderful model animals ? Very Happy
When I was a child, most of us didn't have many toys either.
But I was lucky, because we had family in USA, who had children somewhat older than me, and they sent parcels with their spare clothes, and sometimes teddybears too ! Very Happy
It was beautyful, fine quality stuff, - I was actually teased in school because I had such nice clothes, - I have HATED nice clothes ever since Embarassed  Laughing  But LOVED the teddies  cheers

ghostme9

ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 10:54 pm

The River section arrived tonight and I've put a walk-around / box opening in there. The Waterfall is on backorder - once it arrives, I'll do a waterfall walk-around and then a picture of them all connected together. One thing I'm wanting to find out is if two river sections can join together to extend it further. From what I see on the photos, I don't think it can.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 11:25 pm

ghostme9 wrote:
The River section arrived tonight and I've put a walk-around / box opening in there.  The Waterfall is on backorder - once it arrives, I'll do a waterfall walk-around and then a picture of them all connected together.  One thing I'm wanting to find out is if two river sections can join together to extend it further.  From what I see on the photos, I don't think it can.

Thankyou for the wonderful, informative and beautyful walkarounds flower Applause

ghostme9

ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:44 am

You're very welcome :-) I'm looking forward to the waterfall!!

ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 11:49 pm

Waterfall pictures now in the walkaround section - enjoy!

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 8:08 am

ghostme9 wrote:
Waterfall pictures now in the walkaround section - enjoy!

thanks Ghostme9 ... the Waterfall is beautiful ... Schleich has done well with these sets .. in fact they have always done well with their sets! You have some prized collector items there !

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: