Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround

Go down 
+8
A.R.Garcia
Blublub
hawkins_zh
Numa
Wilorvise
SeanieP
Kikimalou
widukind
12 posters
AuthorMessage
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 3:21 am

Here is the Cape buffalo from Battat's Terra series:

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5263ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5265ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5266ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5268ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5270ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5271ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5272ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5273ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5276ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5278ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5279ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5281ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5280ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5287ed

With Mojö bull and Schleich calf:

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5288ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5293ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5290ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5294ed

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround IMG_5297ed

The most significant aspect of this figure is that it works very well, in my opinion, as a female. The horns are more like a bull's, but everything else is quite cow-like. Very Happy

Last edited by A.R.Garcia on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 3:43 am

Nice buffalo and cute oxpecker :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 4:29 am

Nice model, the body is a little bit short but I agree it would be a nice little cow. One more on my far too long wishlist Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 11:06 am

The figure is decent but apparently not as nice as its counterparts. Though, very nice to go in a herd and it is interesting the detail of the oxpecker much in line with what Safari did. Very Happy

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 12:37 pm

Cool. Where did you get it?

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 3:10 pm

SeanieP wrote:

I found it at Target, while I was checking the Battat display to see which dinosaurs were in stock. The individual modern animals were all mixed together, apparently with a uniform price of $3.50. Very Happy

I didn't want to bog down the first post with my commentary, so I will now. geek  In person, this figure has really charmed me for some reason. It is notably free of the sculpting quirkiness that I've found somewhat off-putting in many of the other Terra models. Adjustment to the horn bases (for a female), and toning down the black mane would probably improve it. The horns are nice and sharp- I'm tempted to sharpen the horns of the Mojo model now. I think it also has potential for conversion to a forest buffalo. The bird is also a nice touch, even if the species is ambiguous. Has Safari removed the birds from their model? I don't own one but there seems to be two different versions pictured online. scratch

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Nice walk around

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 4:12 pm

A.R.Garcia wrote:
SeanieP wrote:

I found it at Target, while I was checking the Battat display to see which dinosaurs were in stock. The individual modern animals were all mixed together, apparently with a uniform price of $3.50. Very Happy

I didn't want to bog down the first post with my commentary, so I will now. geek  In person, this figure has really charmed me for some reason. It is notably free of the sculpting quirkiness that I've found somewhat off-putting in many of the other Terra models. Adjustment to the horn bases (for a female), and toning down the black mane would probably improve it. The horns are nice and sharp- I'm tempted to sharpen the horns of the Mojo model now. I think it also has potential for conversion to a forest buffalo. The bird is also a nice touch, even if the species is ambiguous. Has Safari removed the birds from their model? I don't own one but there seems to be two different versions pictured online. scratch

Thanks--That is where I thought you got it. I see them at Target here in Mass. but no buffalo. I will keep looking. I cannot find them online to purchase anywhere.

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 2:55 pm

SeanieP wrote:

Thanks--That is where I thought you got it. I see them at Target here in Mass. but no buffalo. I will keep looking. I cannot find them online to purchase anywhere.

This was the first time I saw this buffalo, as well as a bison. They are probably newer models so I think you will find one.

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Anyone know where I can get hold of this model?  Is someone able to get hold of this and a couple of others for me?
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 7:23 pm

Numaan wrote:
Anyone know where I can get hold of this model?  Is someone able to get hold of this and a couple of others for me?

I got mine today at Target in the US today. But out of 3 shelves of animal models, I could only find ONE Cape Buffalo. I do like her. Other Terra models are toyish and the scales are all over the place. The cows/bulls are pretty good.

hawkins_zh

Country/State : China Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 10:20 pm

It's hard to find cape buffalo and bison in target. Congratulations!

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:52 am

A.R.Garcia wrote:
The most significant aspect of this figure is that it works very well, in my opinion, as a female. The horns are more like a bull's, but everything else is quite cow-like. Very Happy

I totally agree - it really does complement existing models as a female....although I always thought the male and female horns were identical? Is that not the case...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:56 am

They're not identical at all, mainly the "boss" middle horns hump. Males have them often more curled as you can see in this picture below.
Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround Male-Buffalo-Left-Female-Right
Male left, female right, externally linked from aratusa.com

Blublub

Country/State : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 3:09 pm

I was looking through the bin at Target and this popped out at me. Like A.R. It is better in real life than in photos. Not hugely impressed with the rest of the range, but this model is a winner.
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 1:20 am

Pictures have been re-uploaded. Smile

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 3:27 am

You did it, Andy! Wonderful! Very Happy

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 12:36 pm

I stumbled across 3 of the Terra figurines at a Target last week.  2 Cape Buffaloes and what appeared to be a Yak.  Only one of the buffaloes had an intact bird, so that's the one I bought.  The other 2 figures were damaged. Crying or Very sad

I'm thinking I might go to a different Target to see if I can find more Terra animals to add to my "Noah's Ark" collection.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 6:47 pm

Jennypurr wrote:
I stumbled across 3 of the Terra figurines at a Target last week.  2 Cape Buffaloes and what appeared to be a Yak.  Only one of the buffaloes had an intact bird, so that's the one I bought.  The other 2 figures were damaged. Crying or Very sad

I'm thinking I might go to a different Target to see if I can find more Terra animals to add to my "Noah's Ark" collection.

I don't remember seeing a yak from Terra series. Could it be a Highland cattle or so? I'd love to know once it is not everyday we see a yak.

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 6:50 am

Yes, Terras Highland cow/bull can actually be mistaken for an Yak study But this cape buffalo is rely
pretty good. It,s a shame that it is so hard to find Sad
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 3:24 pm

The friends some time ago I ordered the buffalo of terra batta here is mine it is a collecta with the birds on the back  

cheers Applause Very Happy

Rolling Eyes scratch study Wink

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround New_2033
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 3:46 pm

lucky luke wrote:
The friends some time ago I ordered the buffalo of terra batta here is mine it is a collecta with the birds on the back  

cheers Applause Very Happy

Rolling Eyes scratch study Wink

No, that's the Mojö Fun Cape buffalo, despite Battat and CollectA good works, this one is of another level and with your special oxpecker touch, it is just phenomenal! cheers cheers

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 4:13 pm

Rogério, I wanted to say that I bought it like that with the bird!
who in fact it is the Möjo buffalo,with the label terra batta Rolling Eyes scratch Shocked
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 4:28 pm

lucky luke wrote:
Rogério, I wanted to say that I bought it like that with the bird!
who in fact it is the Möjo buffalo,with the label terra batta Rolling Eyes scratch Shocked

scratch I am a puzzled croc now. Laughing geek Maybe it is just an oxpecker tired of a static buffalo taking a ride from a more active bull and I am not getting it... Wink

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround    Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 7:48 pm

Roger wrote:
Jennypurr wrote:
I stumbled across 3 of the Terra figurines at a Target last week.  2 Cape Buffaloes and what appeared to be a Yak.  Only one of the buffaloes had an intact bird, so that's the one I bought.  The other 2 figures were damaged.  Crying or Very sad

I don't remember seeing a yak from Terra series. Could it be a Highland cattle or so? I'd love to know once it is not everyday we see a yak.

I suppose it could have been a Highland Cow  The horns would be similar. scratch   All I recall about the toy was the color of the plastic (mustard yellow) with some brown paint on the back and head.  And a broken horn...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround
Page 1 of 1