Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru

Go down 
+6
SchleichWildlife
Roger
scot(t)
Bonobo
Sergey
Kikimalou
10 posters

Please choose the 2015 Wildlife Figure of the Year
CollectA Babirusa
The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_lcap6%The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_rcap
 6% [ 7 ]
CollectA Chinchilla
The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_lcap3%The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_rcap
 3% [ 3 ]
CollectA Chiru
The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_lcap37%The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_rcap
 37% [ 43 ]
CollectA Kiwi
The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_lcap11%The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_rcap
 11% [ 13 ]
CollectA Orangutan
The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_lcap3%The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_rcap
 3% [ 3 ]
Kaiyodo Shoebill
The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_lcap7%The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_rcap
 7% [ 8 ]
Kitan Club Japanese serow
The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_lcap7%The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_rcap
 7% [ 8 ]
Kitan Club Sparrow
The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_lcap9%The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_rcap
 9% [ 10 ]
Papo Roaring tiger
The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_lcap12%The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Vote_rcap
 12% [ 14 ]
Safari Ltd Jaguar
 7% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 117

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Empty
PostSubject: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 9:24 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm very proud to show you the 10 Wildlife finalists for 2015.
The poll will run during 7 days and only 1 vote per member is allowed.
At the end of 30th January we will know the results.
The winning figure will participate in the overall 2015 Toy Animal Figure of the Year poll, along with the other category winners.
Enjoy!  

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Collecta88727

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Collect_A88722

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Collect_A_88721_Chiru-1.jpg_original

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Collect_A_88731_Kiwi-2.jpg_original

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Colorata_orang_utan.jpg_original

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Kaiodo_UAZSpoonbill

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Kitan_NAJ03_Serow

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Kitan_NAJ03_Sparrow

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Papo50182

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Safari_227729_Jaguar-1.jpg_original

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 8:32 pm

But Kiki explain me please! Why Kitan Club Sparrow is both 2 Categories Widlife and Woodland? But in the same time Polar Bear Papo - no? Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 10:48 pm

The Kiwi is my favourite I love you

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 11:19 pm

Sergey wrote:
But Kiki explain me please! Why Kitan Club Sparrow is both 2 Categories Widlife and Woodland? But in the same time Polar Bear Papo - no?  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

Because STS is a human forum made by, with, for human beings... We are not perfect Laughing
Why the Sparrow and not the Polar bear? The Polar bear could be in three categories: Woodland, Wildlife and Sealife. I even think the best category for an Ursus maritimus is the Sealife. So why it falls in the woodland? Just because for four years now I put the polar bears on the North-American map and nobody told me it was a bad idea. Laughing
Why the sparrow is in the two categories? Eurasian sparrow are not Sealife creatures Wink . Where is the place for a Cape penguin? sealife? African Wildlife? Good questions with many answers. maybe we should make a Poll to know where STS decide to classified those animals?
Now why the Kitan sparrow is in the two poll? Many members add it on their pre-screening lists.

Bonobo wrote:
The Kiwi is my favourite I love you

Bonobos and black crested macaques have the same taste Wink
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 7:29 am

The Kiwi is awesome. I don't know what I'll vote for yet, though. I can't decide.

I'm a little surprised none of the Schleich models made it on. Too bad. I thought that the Hyena, the Crocodile, and the Alligator were particularly impressive. Not as sexy as a Babirusa, for sure, but still, it's arguable that the CollectA Babirusa was not as strong a sculpt as any of those three.

Sigh... I feel weird defending Schleich. It's like standing up for the kid at school who's being unfairly harassed even though he irritates the heck out of you too.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 12:22 am

scot(t) wrote:
The Kiwi is awesome. I don't know what I'll vote for yet, though. I can't decide.

I'm a little surprised none of the Schleich models made it on. Too bad. I thought that the Hyena, the Crocodile, and the Alligator were particularly impressive. Not as sexy as a Babirusa, for sure, but still, it's arguable that the CollectA Babirusa was not as strong a sculpt as any of those three.

Sigh... I feel weird defending Schleich. It's like standing up for the kid at school who's being unfairly harassed even though he irritates the heck out of you too.

lol! I think this forum was excesively Schleich oriented in its early years, now it is turning the oposite. Soon or later an average point will be achieved. I also think that there are some Schleich that could easily enter this category this year and I agree the babirusa is not CollectA's best figure. Though, it is a surprising species choice and the figure is generally competently sculpted. I believe that next year's pangolin will enter the top 10 for Wildlife. Cheetah and flamingo seeem promising too. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:03 am

Roger wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

lol! I think this forum was excesively Schleich oriented in its early years, now it is turning the oposite. Soon or later an average point will be achieved. I also think that there are some Schleich that could easily enter this category this year and I agree the babirusa is not CollectA's best figure. Though, it is a surprising species choice and the figure is generally competently sculpted.  I believe that next year's pangolin will enter the top 10 for Wildlife. Cheetah and flamingo seeem promising too. Very Happy

The Schleich Tiger and croc had the 13th and 14th rank, with respectively 3 and 4 votes less than the number 10 (Kaiyodo shoebill). They were not so far Wink
Back to top Go down
SchleichWildlife

SchleichWildlife

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:49 pm

Yes, what about the 2016 Schleich oryx for next year? Laughing and I agree, I think the new schleich cheetah and pangolin will be in the top 10 next year as well. Smile

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:41 pm

SchleichWildlife wrote:
Yes, what about the 2016 Schleich oryx for next year? Laughing and I agree, I think the new schleich cheetah and pangolin will be in the top 10 next year as well. Smile

Surely also a strong candidat despite apparently it is just remastered from the older oryx. A great antelope year, hirola eland calf and nilgai from CollectA and impala from Papo. We can't forget also the grevy's zebra, maybe strongest candidat, shoebil, Papo rearing tiger, etc. We're having extraordinary wild life releases, mainly thanks to CollectA and they will keep dominating these polls. Though, it is nice to see that the absolute winners of previous years to all categories were Mojo gaur and Papo snow leopard. Let's see what the new year results bring. bounce

Viking Spawn

Country/State : U.S.A. Ohio

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:51 pm

This was a hard choice! But I love the coloration of that Jaguar!

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 4:58 pm

Roger wrote:
SchleichWildlife wrote:

Surely also a strong candidat despite apparently it is just remastered from the older oryx. A great antelope year, hirola eland calf and nilgai from CollectA and impala from Papo. We can't forget also the grevy's zebra, maybe strongest candidat, shoebil, Papo rearing tiger, etc. We're having extraordinary wild life releases, mainly thanks to CollectA and they will keep dominating these polls. Though, it is nice to see that the absolute winners of previous years to all categories were Mojo gaur and Papo snow leopard. Let's see what the new year results bring. bounce

I don't think the gemsbok is a remastered one. The older one was looking to the left and was more side looking that this one.

About the 2016 Wildlife, I agree there will be more competitors and not only from Africa, the Asian and Australian fauna have some interesting representatives. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 7:41 am

Ladies and gentlemen,

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure is the CollectA Chiru  cheers

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Collect_A_88721_Chiru-1.jpg_original
Below the Final ranking:

1 - CollectA Chiru
2 - Papo Roaring tiger
3 - CollectA Kiwi
4 - Kitan Club Sparrow
5 - Kaiyodo Shoebill
5 - Kitan Club Japanese serow
5 - Safari Ltd Jaguar
8 - CollectA Babirusa
9 - CollectA Chinchilla
9 - CollectA Orangutan

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:54 am

Interesting results, it is quite fair to see the superb kiwi on top3. I think also that chiru is a fair winner. On previous two years, the winner of this category won the final award, let's see what happens this year. bounce bounce

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 1:51 pm

Well deserved! Rare and wonderful model! I didn´t know much about Chiru before this model realisation so... for me... award for education goes to this model also :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Will be interesting to see if this one wins the final poll cheers

Viking Spawn

Country/State : U.S.A. Ohio

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:50 pm

I think the paint app helped this wonderful figure win this category. CollectA did a nice job this time. Applause

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 10:58 pm

This is a wonderful figure, I just didn't voted for it because it's saddly to big for a 1:20/1:22 scale collector. Sad

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru   The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru Empty

Back to top Go down

The STS 2015 Wildlife Figure: CollectA Chiru
Page 1 of 1