Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
NightLioness
LeeAnn
Viking Spawn
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Country/State : U.S.A. Ohio

Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 9:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Eastern Tent Caterpillar - Malacosoma americanum

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 9:59 am

Bagworm Moth - Hyalarcta huebneri

Ladybird Beetle & Darkling Beetles

Ladybird Beetle & Darkling Beetles

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 7:32 pm

More wonderful criters! Very Happy Poor red-legged grasshoppers, they surely think that paparazzo are a threat to their privacity! Wink

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 5:14 am

I really like the second last photo, love how the darkling beetles are standing out of the yellow Very Happy
(How is your leg doing??)

Viking Spawn

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:52 pm

Thank you again you two! Very Happy

My leg is improving and I was able to take my first steps these last few days! I started physical therapy and I'm progressing faster than normal! My pains have subsided tremendously too! cheers cheers

Sorry for being a stranger lately, but I've been working hard at launching a new insect website based on Cicadas! I didn't even realize I was gone away from here that long! With a 17 year cicada emergence about to begin in 3 months from now in my region, I've had people asking me plenty about them already! So I decided to launch a science website based on them. I should have it completed soon and will provide a link when I do. Its long hours of work if you want it done properly.

I also have several REBOR models on hand waiting to be photographed! I'll be providing more walk-arounds when I do.

Busy, busy, busy.... Even with a broken leg, I'm making the most of my time! Stay tuned! bounce

FluffySlipers

FluffySlipers

Country/State : Wiltshire,

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 5:35 pm

Stunning photos ! Every now and then I try to take photos of some interesting bug, but my results are always disappointing.

I've heard of the cicada emergence, it sounds a bit creepy but I'd love to see it.

When I was little we lived in Africa and over a couple of days the termites used to fly, in the mornings there would be piles of dead termites and wings blown up against the walls.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 8:27 pm

It is great to know that your health is progressing and that you're active. Just give the best way to your personal projects, I am sure you'll always find a way to be here as always as you can. Very Happy

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 4:24 am

Great to hear from you again Very Happy And happy that the leg is doing better and you got some time outside.

Oooh, fantastic, a site about the cicadas and their development and journey! Applause cheers
If the site looks as great as your photos, it must be beautiful Very Happy

Exciting!!!! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 4:59 am

Great to see you back cheers How wonderful that your leg is improving cheers cheers cheers

I look very much forward to see your new REBORs - and to enter the photos in TAI Very Happy Very Happy

Please, will you send a link to your new insect website ? drunken

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 4:27 pm

FluffySlipers wrote:
Stunning photos !  Every now and then I try to take photos of some interesting bug, but my results are always disappointing.

I've heard of the cicada emergence, it sounds a bit creepy but I'd love to see it.  

When I was little we lived in Africa and over a couple of days the termites used to fly, in the mornings there would be piles of dead termites and wings blown up against the walls.

I started taking pictures of insects when I was a young teen. My first attempts were not that great either so don't give up! Trail and error. Heck, I'm still learning!

The cicada emergence is HUGE! If you get squeamish around insects, then it isn't for you! Especially when they begin their mating calls that become so loud you can't hear yourself think!

As for termites, as long as they leave my house alone, I'm okay with them! Lol! Laughing

Roger wrote:
It is great to know that your health is progressing and that you're active. Just give the best way to your personal projects, I am sure you'll always find a way to be here as always as you can. Very Happy

You can count on it! I love this place and its members! This is a very friendly community and I hope to contribute more shortly! Now that my leg is better, I can slowly revert back to doing all my hobbies.

NightLioness wrote:
Great to hear from you again Very Happy And happy that the leg is doing better and you got some time outside.

Oooh, fantastic, a site about the cicadas and their development and journey!  Applause  cheers
If the site looks as great as your photos, it must be beautiful Very Happy

Exciting!!!! Very Happy

Thank you! I'm slowly starting to walk again. Physical therapy has been a real pain! Literally. Ouch! No

My cicada website is nearing completion. It has plenty of images and information. All you need to know about cicada "generalization" for the most part. Unfortunately, it only encompasses species in my area of the world. I would love to make my site international and cover foreign species too but that's just not feasible.

SUSANNE wrote:
Great to see you back cheers  How wonderful that your leg is improving cheers cheers cheers

I look very much forward to see your new REBORs - and to enter the photos in TAI Very Happy Very Happy

Please, will you send a link to your new insect website ? drunken

Thank you Susanne.

I'll be providing new REBOR images soon. I plan on setting up a photo shoot within the next few days. I also plan on getting their premium egg line too and will be adding them as well.

I'll be posting the link to my cicada website probably as early as next week. Right now, I'm still adding some more images and tweaking things. Every time I look at it, I usually find a tiny error here or there which is usually caused by my brain thinking faster than my fingers can type. Laughing

My website, once finalized, will be updated again this summer season when I journey out to capture the cicada emergence (Brood V), I witnessed 17 years ago! My, how time flies.... I still remember the experience like it was yesterday! When I see this year's offspring in the future, I'll be 63 years old! I hope I'll still be around by then! Kind of crazy to think about it way but it is what it is..... Shocked

FluffySlipers

FluffySlipers

Country/State : Wiltshire,

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Viking Spawn wrote:
When I see this year's offspring in the future, I'll be 63 years old! I hope I'll still be around by then! Kind of crazy to think about it way but it is what it is.....  Shocked

Now that's a weird thought !
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 5:18 pm

Viking Spawn wrote:
When I see this year's offspring in the future, I'll be 63 years old! I hope I'll still be around by then! Kind of crazy to think about it way but it is what it is.....  Shocked

Laughing Laughing 63 years is a wonderful age farao Laughing

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 9:02 pm

Check out my new website thread folks! I finally finished it until I "tweak" it again!

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 6:33 pm

The BROOD V Cicadas have finally arrived... Here are a few pics to see what's been keeping me busy lately!!!

New images such as these will be added to my website soon!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!   Viking Spawn's Insect Photography! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Viking Spawn's Insect Photography!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4