Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dromedary question

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
FluffySlipers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FluffySlipers

FluffySlipers

Country/State : Wiltshire,

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Dromedary question   Dromedary question EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi everyone !  I'm new to the forum and new to collecting.........well except for the huge box of models I have in the attic from my childhood Laughing

I am planning to collect a Noahs Ark of animals, so I need a male and female of each (all suggestions very welcome) I was hoping to stick to one brand (Schleich), I have hundreds of questions, but the one I'm asking today is..........is there a Schleich male and female dromedary ?  I have seen the mare, but the other one seems to be much older and so wouldn't work as a pair ?  or will I have to bend the rules a bit and find a male from another brand ?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dromedary question   Dromedary question EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi there! Welcome to STS Very Happy

Two models from two different brands can work together well, they don't have to be the same brand Wink

Here's the TAI link for all dromedaries: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maybe you can find something you like there!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dromedary question   Dromedary question EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 10:32 pm

Wellcome here Very Happy

I checked, and the old Schleich dromedary is a no-sex one Rolling Eyes

But the Papo one could go for a male.He is beautyful, and aomewhat larger than the one from Schleich, - a neat couple, I think .
According to wikipedia the males can be as high as 2 meters, and females as small as 1,7 meters over the shoulder .

Papo dromedary : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dromedary question   Dromedary question EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 10:51 pm

Welcome Very Happy Hope you have a nice stay here Very Happy

Don't hesitate to ask questions, your idea of collecting the 2 by 2 is great Very Happy
As the two ladies mentioned above me, different brands go well together.

Two Show Us Yours that can help you make beautiful couples Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FluffySlipers

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dromedary question   Dromedary question EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 10:31 am

Thank you for your helpful replies, lots for me to research there !

I haven't actually got any of my animals yet, but I'm having great fun learning all about this new area of collecting Smile
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dromedary question   Dromedary question EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:13 am

FluffySlipers wrote:
I haven't actually got any of my animals yet, but I'm having great fun learning all about this new area of collecting Smile  

What a magnificent approach cheers
All ( almost?) others start getting random models they see and like, but you actually have a goal and make reserch bounce Applause Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dromedary question   Dromedary question EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 1:22 pm

Welcome on forum! Very Happy  That's a very interesting idea and as you haven't started yet, it is great that you decided to research it carefully. Very Happy
Some brands made Noha's Ark collections, the most similar to Schleich in terms of concept was Noah's Pals.
This collection has the huge advantage that all figures are in pairs of males and females, they fit very well together and as all figures are at the same scale (1:24), they fit all perfectly and give a good impression how large are animals when together.
They're in average smaller than Schleich and the huge advantage is that they're not easy at all to find once they are already long retired. You even have a Noah in this collection. Laughing
Their design is a little naive, somewhat like old Schleich but some of their figures are really cool and you can find pairs of unusual species too. Very Happy
There's a pair of dromedaries that you can see below
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you want really to build your project using Schleich, it is a good idea once they're easily available and the company made several families but several species you won't be able of finding a couple. Using alternative brands to complement these Schleich missing could be a good idea.
Whichever is your choice, I hope you have the chance of sharing your project with us. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dromedary question   Dromedary question EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 1:57 pm

Welcome here :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
FluffySlipers

FluffySlipers

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dromedary question   Dromedary question EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:30 pm

Oooo I love the Noahs pals Musk oxen !
Back to top Go down
FluffySlipers

FluffySlipers

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dromedary question   Dromedary question EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:35 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
FluffySlipers wrote:

What a magnificent approach cheers
All ( almost?) others start getting random models they see and like, but you actually have a goal and make reserch bounce Applause Very Happy

I do have a bit of a history Embarassed my Brittans model collection from my childhood that's still in the attic, I'll dig it out and take some photos for you. I was sad to find the company is no more, or I would happily have continued collecting them.

I got the box out once when my children were young, but as they dived into the box and started taking my treasured models out, I found myself snatching them back, the box went back in the attic so my "treasures" didn't get damaged Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dromedary question   Dromedary question EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 2:51 pm

FluffySlipers wrote:
I got the box out once when my children were young, but as they dived into the box and started taking my treasured models out, I found myself snatching them back, the box went back in the attic so my "treasures" didn't get damaged Embarassed

lol! lol! lol!

I also still have most of my old Reislers, which I started collecting almost 60 years ago.
Unfortunately my little nieces got hold of them, and I was not around to snatch them away, and their parents always thought that everything they did was adoreable Suspect
So broken tails, antlers etc, - and the giraffe was totally gone Mad

I would LOVE to see pictures of your Britains bounce bounce cheers sunny Very Happy

FluffySlipers

FluffySlipers

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dromedary question   Dromedary question EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 10:28 pm

I would love to show you pictures ! I'll get them out and have a play Very Happy

So sorry to hear about your treasures Sad

Back to top Go down
Kat26

Kat26

Country/State : IL USA

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dromedary question   Dromedary question EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 4:53 am

Roger wrote:
Welcome on forum! Very Happy  That's a very interesting idea and as you haven't started yet, it is great that you decided to research it carefully. Very Happy
Some brands made Noha's Ark collections, the most similar to Schleich in terms of concept was Noah's Pals.
This collection has the huge advantage that all figures are in pairs of males and females, they fit very well together and as all figures are at the same scale (1:24), they fit all perfectly and give a good impression how large are animals when together.
They're in average smaller than Schleich and the huge advantage is that they're not easy at all to find once they are already long retired. You even have a Noah in this collection. Laughing
Their design is a little naive, somewhat like old Schleich but some of their figures are really cool and you can find pairs of unusual species too. Very Happy
There's a pair of dromedaries that you can see below
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you want really to build your project using Schleich, it is a good idea once they're easily available and the company made several families but several species you won't be able of finding a couple. Using alternative brands to complement these Schleich missing could be a good idea.
Whichever is your choice, I hope you have the chance of sharing your project with us. Very Happy

Omg. I have the platypus pair and have forgotten where I got them. I didint know they had something to do with Schleich. New collection coming on... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dromedary question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dromedary question   Dromedary question Empty

Back to top Go down

Dromedary question
Page 1 of 1