Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Skunk models

Go down 
+3
Roger
SUSANNE
Bowhead Whale
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 9:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is my AAA Skunk. I found it in the local flea market. I see AAA made more than just one model of skunk, because mine is different from the one on TAI.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 9:31 pm

WONDERFUL cheers
What a beautyful skunk !!!!

My AAA skunk is here :

It looks like yours is a little larger ?
I think yours is a newer model, - much more realistic and detailed than mine scratch

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 9:42 pm

AAA made 3 skunks! Laughing The other looks almost like a ratel. Very Happy
I love skunks by the way! Wink

Bowhead Whale

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 9:43 pm

So, according to this catalog, my skunk actually is the mother of Suzanne's!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:09 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Laughing Yes, I don't understand very well these families, apparently Susanne's kit was born through Parthenogenesis. Wink
Now smaller skunk is a kit on TAi and I'll add yours too. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:12 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Yes ! That surprises me, because they are so different, - but great to know ! Thankyou, Roger Very Happy

And - WOW !!! There is also a famale deer and a moose calf from those sets bounce bounce

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:19 pm

This is great! But I see we have to find a collector who owns the second AAA Skunk baby to complete the family...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:51 pm

Yes ! But parhaps, now that we are focussing on AAA, Google may help attracting AAA-collectors ? Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 11:34 am

Very nice and interesting :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Yes ! But parhaps, now that we are focussing on AAA, Google may help attracting AAA-collectors ? Very Happy

Much probably, googling for AAA figures it is very easy to find our forum once no other web source in this world has more information about them. ATF has several topics but most are without pictures already, the same for LG. Also, some hard core AAA collectors are members on STS but unfortunately not active or favoring social media. I think that we're doing our best and we will end making a great work! Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 2:32 am

I have the two skunk kits, the mother is a beautiful model. Thanks for sharing her!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 9:16 am

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Much probably, googling for AAA figures it is very easy to find our forum once no other web source in this world has more information about them. ATF has several topics but most are without pictures already, the same for LG. Also, some hard core AAA collectors are members on STS but unfortunately not active or favoring social media. I think that we're doing our best and we will end making a great work! Very Happy

That would be wonderful cheers

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 3:09 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I have the two skunk kits, the mother is a beautiful model. Thanks for sharing her!

Then, show us your kits! One is still missing on TAI: you could be the one to complete the family!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 11:05 pm

I will try to make a photo of them tomorrow if I remember and have time. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 1:08 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I will try to make a photo of them tomorrow if I remember and have time. Very Happy

If time is generous with you, it was great to have a picture with a Lego block of the missing kit to put on TAi if you allow, off course. No hurries. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 12:03 am

Sorry for the delay, but here are the two kits. However I don't have legos to use as a scale unfortunately, but I can give you the measurements (if that helps, if not I will try to borrow a lego from a nephew sometime and I can take new pics).
Here are the measurements for this little guy: nose to tail tip is 7 1/2 centimeters, back foot to tail tip is 4 cm., and front foot to top of head is 3 cm.

This kit's measurements are: 8 1/2 cm. from nose to tail, and 3 1/2 cm. from front foot to the top of his head.

like I said too in a few weeks if a lego block is the best tool for measurement then I can get one if that is what you would like the most. So just let me know. Smile Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 8:43 am

Thankyou for the pictures, Paige ! Very interesting to see all three  cheers

Mine looks much more glossy, - could he be an old version ? Perhaps the rest of the family came later ?  Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 9:08 am

So nice!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 8:44 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou for the pictures, Paige ! Very interesting to see all three  cheers

Mine looks much more glossy, - could he be an old version ? Perhaps the rest of the family came later ?  Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

I think yours look more glossy only because the light source was face to it and back to you when you photograph it. Saarlooswolfhoud's one has been photographed with the light source behind it and in front of himself.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 10:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], my models are fairly glossy as well, but not nearly as much as yours are (or so it appears). In the photos the gloss doesn't show as well as in reality because of the lighting, my photos are usually with natural light from two small windows on either side of the "station" I used. Not to mention between my old camera and photobucket sabotage my pics tend to be slightly less clear than how my computer usually shows them before being edited in photobucket, so that could part of it too.
Otherwise they are nice models. They are quite a bit bigger than my other models (a collectA and Schleich) but not too big, at least for me.
Here is a blurry photo of them with the other models before I redid those shelves, it might give a better idea of size.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 10:35 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

I think yours look more glossy only because the light source was face to it and back to you when you photograph it. Saarlooswolfhoud's one has been photographed with the light source behind it and in front of himself.

I know that light means a lot, - but look at the paint : On mine it is like a thick layer, filling out some of the fur. The little guy is indeed VERY glossy Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 3:35 pm

Thanks Ladies, all three skunks are now on TAI. I added also size information, I think it is very useful when talking about AAA figures, actually more useful than their availability once we don't know it. AAA figures are made we don't know when and they often are available as long as any "other" company wants to use it in their range. Variations are also very interesting but they often represent what the ordering company wants. For example, the AAA wildebeest is radically different in terms of painting when it is a Mamejo or a Yolanda. :)

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyMon May 02, 2016 4:43 pm

My family of AAA skunks.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Admin
SUSANNE

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyMon May 02, 2016 10:38 pm

Taos wrote:
My family of AAA skunks.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

AHHHH ! This is MAGNIFICENT cheers Thankyou very much, Taylor Applause

So the "cub" with tail up is quite another style and was probably ann older adult, which was degrated to a cub Very Happy Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models EmptyTue May 03, 2016 12:52 am

Taylor is a box of surprises and Susanne is right. Depending the brand that uses AAA molds, some smaller figures are either used as adultes or cubs. They can even use both cubs as a couple, AAA is full of agility. Very Happy

AAA Skunk models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Skunk models   AAA Skunk models Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Skunk models
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next