Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround

Go down 
+2
Roger
NightLioness
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround   Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Today I got this lovely new 2016 Papo flamingo from Valerie Very Happy I noticed no walkaround was made yet, so here is mine :3
Lets get started with some photos of the whole bird, then some details and ending with a comparison with Schleich new 2016 flamingo Very Happy
(And yes, my photos may be used for TAI! Very Happy)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Overall lovely bird, many great details and I love the coloring!
As you can see, mine is a bit wobbly. Mainly because the bird is glued (!) on this grass base and that base is not entirely flat.
(So he can wobble around a walk a bit Razz)

Papo uses glue for more animals, as we all know. But the fact that they glued the bird on the base has a positive and a negative side.
The negative side is clearly shown in the photo, a small tiny gap around the feet and grass base as the bird is not entirely correctly set on the base.
But I must say, when it stands in a glass cabinet, that gap is not very noticeable, so not a very big problem I think.
The positive thing is that the bird feet have no green paint on it from painting the grass base! Very Happy Both are painted separately, so no splatted or messy lines Very Happy

The feathers have a great detail to them and are very nicely colored Very Happy

As most Papo animals are, this flamingo is bigger than his Schleich counterpart.
This gave a little problem when I wanted to ad him to the other water birds. Had to replace both flamingos due to the size of the Papo one XD
What a difference in both animals! Clearly two different specie of flamingo! (I hope Laughing)

All I can say that the people who already have the Schleich one, should add the Papo flamingo as well Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround   Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Karin, that's a great walk around! Very Happy Papo flamingo has a dinosauresque style while Schleich's is a simpler interpretation.
Papo is a greater flamingo while Schleich's is a Chilean flamingo so they're different species indeed.
I already own the Papo figure, very impressive indeed, somewhat large but very nice, I don't have yet the Schleich flamingo but I surely want to add it to my collection. I'll use your last pic on Papo and Schleich comparisons topic. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround   Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 4:10 pm

I like this Flamingo :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround   Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 4:43 pm

Too bad for the wobbly thing, this is a nice model, a bit virile as often with Papo Very Happy

I guess I will need two flamingoes this year drunken
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround   Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 5:17 pm

It is indeed a lovely flamino !!! cheers

Mine is not wobbly, but I just noticed that he has begun to lean a bit forward ...perhaps he is hungry Shocked

JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround   Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 7:45 pm

beautiful add to the flock Karin cheers my Papo flamingo has gone completely drunk drunken it bent completely as though melting in the heat ! In contrast the Marabou Stork has been behaving amazing and doing its job as a Butler very well Very Happy .. Disappointing for me, but a beautiful figure none the less . I will increase my flock with that Schleich Flamingo .. it looks beautiful as well even if dwarfed by the Papo !!

PostSubject: Re: Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround   Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo Flamingo (2016) Walkaround
Page 1 of 1