Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo  Empty
PostSubject: Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo    Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo  EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 18:06

Hi everyone,
Today I was in the Papo store in my hometown to find some interesting models. So, I got in contact with the shop owner and she told me that the production of the Papo Greater Flamingo has already stopped and it will be retired in 2019.
I think it is because of the legs. I tried to rebent them three times and they always went back to the wrong position. So, without his friend the Parrot, it could never stay by its own:(
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo    Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo  EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 18:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo    Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo  EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 20:36

Thanks for the information

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo    Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo  EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 22:58

Poor flamingo ! Crying or Very sad

Well Papo'd better not keep breedig them, if they can't stand upright Wink

Thanks for the information Very Happy

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo    Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo  EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 7:20

I hope the same for papo marabu Evil or Very Mad Mad

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo    Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo  EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 8:03

Yes, I also think so. Both of them a very good, but they cannot stand by their own and makes them really annoying.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo    Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo  EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 10:19

Some figures are really challenging in terms of production and really hard to get correct. Papo made the flamingo in a relatively large size but using the same dense pvc as other figures and maybe it results to heavy for those legs. Schleich used a less dense plastic, not as nice to the touch but that allowed the figure to stand correctly, I guess. But, what about the old plastic Britains flamingo? It was made with very thin legs and it stands. Laughing

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo    Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo  EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 13:27

Good old British plastic:)
Maybe it is the pose.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo    Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo  EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 23:07

Megaptera wrote:
Maybe it is the pose.

To be fair, the Britains flamingo gets a little bent forward often, the plastic is less dense what means less stress on legs but it has a wide base with the paws attached close to the back of the base while the weight of the figure is oriented forwards. It allows balance enough to ensure it will not fall.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo    Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo  EmptySat 8 Sep 2018 - 9:05

Roger wrote:
Megaptera wrote:
Maybe it is the pose.

To be fair, the Britains flamingo gets a little bent forward often, the plastic is less dense what means less stress on legs but it has a wide base with the paws attached close to the back of the base while the weight of the figure is oriented forwards. It allows balance enough to ensure it will not fall.

Yes ! Thin legs like that takes a very good balance of the model silent

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo    Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo  Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo will retire the Greater Flamingo
Page 1 of 1