Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges

Go down 
+3
widukind
Ana
citizen5
7 posters
AuthorMessage
citizen5

citizen5

Country/State : Spain

Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges Empty
PostSubject: Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges   Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges EmptySun May 08, 2016 8:21 pm

Bought last week in Lisbon's Vasco da Gama shopping center, this figuara Maia & Borges, under the signature Animals4you Science4you, it is the old figure of Schleich, the same mold, but with better paint.
I am very happy, Schleich figures of Muskox are very expensive.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges   Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges EmptySun May 08, 2016 8:24 pm

What a great find, congratulations! Very Happy I wonder if they bought the mould from Schleich? Smile

I think it used to be one of the nicest Schleich ever and I always thought it was pity they retired it so soon. Smile

This one is indeed painted even nicer than Schleich model Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges   Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges EmptySun May 08, 2016 8:53 pm

It is interesting :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges   Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges EmptySun May 08, 2016 9:12 pm

Wonderful model ! Congratulations with this beauty cheers

Very, very interesting that M & B now also sell other models that fish from Schleich moulds Shocked
Is Musky marked M&B or ...? Is there a year marked ?
Do you know if there were other old shleich models too bounce bounce

Sorry to load questions at you like this Embarassed Laughing

citizen5

citizen5

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges   Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:15 pm

I remember that there were more animals, do not I can tell, yes that had whales and marine mammals, most were original Mojo, Mojo and Scienci4you, have been working together, I believe that their collaboration ended, now begin to collaborate Maia & Borges with this brand of toys. Both are Portuguese.
Science4you is a 100% Portuguese dedicated to the development, production and marketing of educational toys and scientists

I have taken a photo where you can see the marking of the figure and my finger.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges   Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:55 pm

WOW ! Thankyou a  HEAP for the picture and the information bounce Applause Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges   Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges EmptySun May 08, 2016 11:04 pm

In a very quiet week end on forum we receive a bomb like that! bom
I was out of home using my mobile when I've read it and I went to the closest Science4You stand. ... and yes! The musk ox was there and I bought it! Very Happy
I am not sure it is a Schleich original mold, Maia & Borges worked and still work together for a long time. This is a collection called Animals4you and iten number is 48288.
What is strange is that the collection was composed of sea life + tropical fish + river & lake birds. Now there is a musk ox sold as a buffalo V2 and the only other figures I've found are the old Schleich lipizan, rearing white horse and old Arabian stallion. These horses seemed made of a less heavy material than the Schleich counterparts. Curiously, the M&B musk ox is not as heavy as my Schleich (made in China) musk ox but the weight is unnoticiable once it is only 9g. :) The differences in painting are evident.
Thanks for sharing these good news, who collects exclusively Schleich will not feel his collection is complete with a Maia & Borges, so the collectability value of the Schleich figure will probably not drop too much. Who wants a very nice muskox , with a updated finish and for an affordable price, have here an excellent option, 6,95€ is the price of these reborn figures. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
From left: Maia & Borges and Schleich

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges   Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges EmptyMon May 09, 2016 9:50 am

Thankyou for all the information, Roger Very Happy

And for the comparing picture, - it is true that the M&B-model is much nicer painted.Shocked
It look like the eye is larger on , or is it just the way it is painted ?

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges   Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges EmptyMon May 09, 2016 3:33 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou for all the information, Roger Very Happy

And for the comparing picture, - it is true that the M&B-model is much nicer painted.Shocked
It look like the eye is larger on , or is it just the way it is painted ?

Observing directly the eye also looks larger but I think it is the way it is painted. However, it wouldn't surprise me if there is some updating in terms of details on mold. Figure is being sold as buffalo v2. I don't know what v2 means, maybe versão 2 (2nd version), I also don't know why it is called búfalo (buffalo) once the Portuguese name of this animal is boi-almiscarado.
Well, I know for sure that you'll notice every little difference between figures once you're very good in comparison games. Laughing flower

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges   Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges EmptyMon May 09, 2016 8:56 pm

Congratulations to Maja & Borges Very Happy Applause
This figure is the missing link for many collectors! Wink
And especially as requested on the wish lists study cheers
One of my dual Schleich recently immigrated from the side of Belgium! Rolling Eyes
At that price I'll probably re torque fast enough thank you for the info jocolor bounce sunny
Back to top Go down
TeddyLam

Country/State : Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges   Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 7:40 am

I like to collect the different brand about grey wolf ANd musk ox . But I feel too difficult to find the below items. If you know where to get any one, Please tell me. If you have anyone, please buy to me. I can offer you a good price. Thank you for help!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges   Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 11:03 am

LAM CHU wrote:
I like to collect the different brand about grey wolf ANd musk ox .  But I feel too difficult to find the below items. If you know where to get any one, Please tell me.  If you have anyone, please buy to me. I can offer you a good price. Thank you for help!

As far as I know, Maia & Borges never released a grey wolf. Though, I will try to find locally a musk ox for you even if it is getting rare here. I still have another member waiting for a musk ox, so, if I find a second one, I will let you know. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges   Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges Empty

Back to top Go down

Muskox Animals4you Maia & Borges
Page 1 of 1