Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2016 Border Collie.

Go down 
+3
Roger
SUSANNE
NightLioness
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

Schleich 2016 Border Collie. Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 2016 Border Collie.   Schleich 2016 Border Collie. EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 9:27 pm

After pet-sitting a cat last weekend, I got the new 2016 Border Collie as a 'thank you' from my brother-in-law!

Let me introduce you to the new 2016 Border Collie dog by Schleich.
After looking at the first catalog photos, I was very worried. The dog looked bad IMHO.
Of course, as a BC collector, I had to have him in my collection. But the excitement was not as big as with the Safari of the Papo BC dogs.

But.... *blushes* I like him... Laughing

Oke, he still has the big paws/legs and a horrible face (paint-job, eyes and general anatomy).
And officially has too much white... But he is better than I expected it to be.
Lets say he has his own charm Wink

Let me show you a walkaround and comparison photos with with Schleich and Papo BC dogs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nice fluffs and fur texture! <3

I really like the movement of his tail, mid-wag <3

As I said above, his face is not right, it is horrible >.<
His upper and lower yaws are way to thick, so it looks like he has an enormous mouth/nose!
Pink paint could be nicer, although you can see the pink line as 'lips', then still it looks weird.
The eyes are brown, as they had to put on the black 'mask' marking to make it a BC. Brown eyes are common in BC dogs, so that is nor a problem at all.
But the way they made they eyes... I know BC dogs have 'the eye', but this one is a but too much IMHO XD
Also the ears are all the way flopped down, you can't see a clear 'fold' in the ears. It is like he has two ears just flapped over... (can't really explain...)

What a difference! The new BC dog is smaller, to fit the new range of their dogs.
Where the old BC dogs lags on white (and the white collar marking), the new BC dog has too much white.
But, after many years of breeding with BC dogs and after many generations, white can be dominant in the fur pattern in some dogs.

Here you can see what I mean with the ears.
Schleich BC looks like and adolescent young dog in comparison to the adult Papo one :3

That is it. Thank you for looking. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Border Collie.   Schleich 2016 Border Collie. EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Congratulations wih getting this BBC youngster as the first one in the forum ( I think) ! Very appropriate, indeed  cheers

I so totally agree with everything you write...also that he has his charm Very Happy

Hmmm. Do dog with white paws not have light nails ? scratch

My new neigbours have a BC, and it is so much more elegant then this one, - well, it is probably puppy-fat Laughing

Thankyou for a brilliant presentation Applause

Last edited by SUSANNE on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Border Collie.   Schleich 2016 Border Collie. EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 10:20 pm

Fantastic walk around Karin! Very Happy
Those are the bones of the "New Schleich". The company lost the consistency of previous years as we can see also in this example, sometimes a step backwards but sometimes some great surprises that break with the traditional predictability of the company. I agree, this dog figure is not as appealing as it is usual with Schleich and represent some important flaws, however, there's no borders in your collection and all BC are widely loved. Very Happy

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Border Collie.   Schleich 2016 Border Collie. EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 10:45 pm

I ordered this guy a while ago and I'm still waiting on recieving him. I was hoping he would look better than the stock photo but you are definitely correct with ears, eyes, and muzzle not being right. Those ears and the way they did his mouth definitely are terrible. He almost looks like a mixed breed and his coat looks a bit short for a BC.

Nevertheless though, he is decent enough that I still like him. :) He does have a certain charm about him even after being a rather poor representative of his breed.

I still think the BC Schleich did that came with the agility set was the best they ever did though. Very Happy

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Border Collie.   Schleich 2016 Border Collie. EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 10:54 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Congratulations wih getting this BBC youngster as the first one in the forum ( I think) ! Very appropriate, indeed  cheers

I so totally agree with everything you write...also that he has his charm Very Happy

Hmmm. Do dog with white paws not have light nails ?  scratch

My new neigbours have a BC, and it is so much more elegant then this one, - well, it is probably puppy-fat Laughing

Thankyou for a brilliant presentation Applause

Thank you Susanne Very Happy

I looked at Gaells nails (seriously, I really did XD Just right now XD) and he has just one black nail...
The others are all white. (he has 4 white legs/paws Wink) So maybe the new Schleich BC is a bit over the top XD

They do? Oooh, nice! Very Happy <3

Roger wrote:
Fantastic walk around Karin! Very Happy
Those are the bones of the "New Schleich". The company lost the consistency of previous years as we can see also in this example, sometimes a step backwards but sometimes some great surprises that break with the traditional predictability of the company. I agree, this dog figure is not as appealing as it is usual with Schleich and represent some important flaws, however, there's no borders in your collection and all BC are widely loved.  Very Happy

Thank you Roger Very Happy
The new Oryx is an example of such a great surprise. (I also got that one as a 'thank you' for cat-sitting their cat XD)
They are <3 They are indeed <3 Now I hope some puppy pups will come (I can always dream, right? XD)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Border Collie.   Schleich 2016 Border Collie. EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 10:56 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:

I still think the BC Schleich did that came with the agility set was the best they ever did though. Very Happy

Ohhh! I have completely forgotten that one in TAI Shocked

NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Border Collie.   Schleich 2016 Border Collie. EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 10:58 pm

I ordered this guy a while ago and I'm still waiting on recieving him. I was hoping he would look better than the stock photo but you are definitely correct with ears, eyes, and muzzle not being right. Those ears and the way they did his mouth definitely are terrible. He almost looks like a mixed breed and his coat looks a bit short for a BC.

Nevertheless though, he is decent enough that I still like him. :) He does have a certain charm about him even after being a rather poor representative of his breed.

I hope he will arrive soon!

BC dogs come in some variety in coat lengths, you even have short coated BC! Laughing
But, BC are known for they great long fur on at least they neck and chest are. So they could have made it longer :)

I Schleich terms, yes, the Agility BC dog is their best of this breed :3 I agree!!

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Border Collie.   Schleich 2016 Border Collie. EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 10:59 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Ohhh! I have completely forgotten that one in TAI Shocked

If you need a quick photo, you can use the one from my BC collection topic :3 Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Border Collie.   Schleich 2016 Border Collie. EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 7:06 pm

A very beautieful dog Karin :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Border Collie.   Schleich 2016 Border Collie. EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 3:04 pm

A lovely walkaround, thank you, Karin Smile I agree that he looks better than on the promotional picture. When I saw it at Müller, it was smaller than I'd expected. Of course it could be better, but I'm happy it doesn't disappoint you as much as you'd thought before xD
Congratulations :3

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Border Collie.   Schleich 2016 Border Collie. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 4:54 pm

Great review and pictures! He actually does look better than the catalog pictures, especially from the side view. I see what you mean about the ears and his face looks a little too much like a retriever or toy dog, but he's still one of the better dogs Schleich has made recently. Of course, the old one is absolutely gorgeous!

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Border Collie.   Schleich 2016 Border Collie. Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2016 Border Collie.
Page 1 of 1