Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trees Toob

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 11:05 pm

Hi!
I am writing here because not so long ago, I bought the Safari ltd Trees Toob (I didn't photograph it yet, so I'm posting a web photo). The trees are really cute. Does anyone have this toob? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 12:50 am

Susanne entered it, not long time ago, on Toy Animal Wiki.
If you click each link here, you'll find great pictures of all these trees. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 8:35 am

Yes, I have this toob. Very Happy
I love trees, and when I drive, I always notice free standing trees.
Amazing how a large tree can change a landscape. After a hard storm, with fallen giants, everythings changes Crying or Very sad

It is interesting how the dfferent kinds of tree have different siluettes, and many years ago I tried to make photos to illustrate it....unfortunately it takes a photographer with better skills than mine Laughing geek

If this toob had been Danish, there would have been oak, beech and birch, but the ones in this toob are also interesting. study

Like I learned in my photographer spree, it is hard to show the "soul" of a tree, - it goes for plastic too, especially such small models, but it is a good try  Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 10:38 pm

I just saw the Flowers Toob is missing on TAI... maybe I sould buy this one as well?

About ten years ago, I made researches about the trees and flowers of my home region. I recycled my old schoolbags and made pages with construction paper sheets, families  (salicaea, betulacea, pinacea, etc) separated by colors. Each page has a photo, a description and a dried specimen (leaf for each tree and flower for each flower). Here is the picture I took for the page of the Yellow Birch (Betula alleghaniensis):[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 11:15 pm

What a beautyful picture of a birch tree cheers
It is wonderful to find such a report ! Imagine all the time we spent, making stuff in school...and then it is gone Crying or Very sad

A great idea to get the flower toob  flower Very Happy

Btw, - I see I need to take pictures of the fruit one.
I got it because I thought it would look great with some fruit among the monkeys on the shelf, but they are so ridiculously big for most of them Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 12:18 am

That's a great picture and surely a very educational and enthertaining work,! Very Happy
Although I live in a central area of a big city, I am surrounded by trees. I open my door and there is a loquat in front, then, an old and tall araucaria, an Avenue full of tilias and a big garden with hundreds of trees of several species, some of them exotic.
If I go to the other side, 5 minutes walking, I have an old conventual territory also with lots of different tree species, very beautiful, actually. City is full of jacarandas, lots of botanical gardens that I can access just walking but, my favorite trees are some sumptuous puhutukawa trees that can be found in small urban gardens, they look like living poems. I wished kids were more stimulated to make works about the trees around the places where they live, it would help them to be more sensitized to Nature.
Flowers toob could easily enter TAI, I don't know then where to put them, maybe they can be added to the species where they belong as we're doing with trees. Should we put a figure of a Susanne's giant apple together with an apple tree? Laughing

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 6:39 am

Nice trees :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 8:23 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
What a beautyful picture of a birch tree cheers
It is wonderful to find such a report ! Imagine all the time we spent, making stuff in school...and then it is gone Crying or Very sad

A great idea to get the flower toob  flower Very Happy

Btw, - I see I need to take pictures of the fruit one.
I got it because I thought it would look great with some fruit among the monkeys on the shelf, but they are so ridiculously big for most of them Laughing

You have the fruits and vegetables toob? Wow! Post it on the forum!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 8:36 pm

Roger wrote:
That's a great picture and surely a very educational and enthertaining work,! Very Happy
Although I live in a central area of a big city, I am surrounded by trees. I open my door and there is a loquat in front, then, an old and tall araucaria, an Avenue full of tilias and a big garden with hundreds of trees of several species, some of them exotic.
If I go to the other side, 5 minutes walking,  I have an old conventual territory also with lots of different tree species, very beautiful, actually.  City is full of jacarandas, lots of botanical gardens that I can access just walking but, my favorite trees are some sumptuous puhutukawa trees that can be found in small urban gardens, they look like living poems. I wished kids were more stimulated to make works about the trees around the places where they live, it would help them to be more sensitized to Nature.
Flowers toob could easily enter TAI, I don't know then where to put them, maybe they can be added to the species where they belong as we're doing with trees. Should we put a figure of a Susanne's giant apple together with an apple tree? Laughing

Araucarias, jacarandas, puhutukawas... lots of trees we don't have here in Québec! Here are samples of what we see in forests here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Among the trees we can distinguish are: fir trees, white spruces, Tilia americana, Ulmus americana, sugar maples, Populus tremuloides...

However, as you can see, it's not in Spring that our North american trees are the most spectacular, but in FALL. Almost all my tree pictures have been taken in September and October, during what we call here the "Indian Summer"; it is in that time of the year that the leaves change colors (especially the maples) and become red, orange and yellow. The only wild trees that are more spectacular in Spring than in Fall are Prunus Virginiana and Prunus serotina, because of their cute cream flowers disposed in "sausages". In town, there are also lots of Crabapple Malus (of all shades of pink from dark fushia to pure white) and Sorbus aucuparia (this one coming from Europe) that have pretty flowers.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 12:29 am

Those are beautiful pictures! Canadian forests are famous in the entire world once everyone recognizes the Canadian flag witht the maple leaf. Not many country flags are so illustrative of national flora as Canada's.
The trees I mentioned in Lisbon are also not native from Portugal and they cannot be found in Portuguese florests. They're just urban trees that were introduced in Portugal a long time ago and widely used as ornamental trees.
Maritime and stone pines, several oak trees, sweet chestnuts and eucalyptus are relatively common in Portuguese forests. Eucalyptus, were recently introduced and are quite negative to the local flora. Most of them are not spectacular trees or vibrant as maples, as monumental as fir trees but I find all kind of oaks really beautiful. Very Happy
As a kid, in my homeland, I was blessed with the spectacular flowered effect of almond trees and I really enjoyed to hide under fig trees. Climbing blueberry trees was also one of my favorite sports. Laughing Though, these last trees are cultivated. :)

Bowhead Whale

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Roger wrote:
Those are beautiful pictures! Canadian forests are famous in the entire world once everyone recognizes the Canadian flag witht the maple leaf. Not many country flags are so illustrative of national flora as Canada's.
The trees I mentioned in Lisbon are also not native from Portugal and they cannot be found in Portuguese florests. They're just urban trees that were introduced in Portugal a long time ago and widely used as ornamental trees.
Maritime and stone pines, several oak trees, sweet chestnuts and eucalyptus  are relatively common in Portuguese forests. Eucalyptus, were recently introduced and are quite negative to the local flora. Most of them are not spectacular trees or vibrant as maples, as monumental as fir trees but I find all kind of oaks really beautiful. Very Happy
As a kid, in my homeland, I was blessed with the spectacular flowered effect of almond trees and I really enjoyed to hide under fig trees. Climbing blueberry trees was also one of my favorite sports. Laughing Though, these last trees are cultivated. :)

!!!???Blueberry trees!!!??? YOU COULD CLIMB BLUEBERRY TREES!!!??? Here, the plants that produce blueberries are so small we have to bend to pick up their delicious berries!!! And I thought they couldn't grow any bigger than that!!! Are you saying there actually are GIANT blueberry plants???
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

!!!???Blueberry trees!!!??? YOU COULD CLIMB BLUEBERRY TREES!!!??? Here, the plants that produce blueberries are so small we have to bend to pick up their delicious berries!!! And I thought they couldn't grow any bigger than that!!! Are you saying there actually are GIANT blueberry plants???

Laughing They can be 10 m tall, not giants but surely high enough for a kid as I was, I am talking about Morus alba and Morus nigra, obviously there are lots of other plants with fruits called blueberries and we also have these small ones that are quite different and not trees, actually.
We used to climb these trees to get the best leaves once it was common to keep silkworms (Bombyx mori) as pets inside of shoeboxes.
I can warrant you, that after all these years, I can remember the exact location of all these trees in my homeland, although we cannot find these anymore due to urbanistic development.
They are quite easy to climb. :)
There's a 72 metters tall eucalyptus in Portugal, it is considered the tallest tree of Europe, I wished I could climb it. Laughing monkey

Admin
SUSANNE

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 4:47 pm

Don't you think the were White mulberries ? scratch They are used for silk worms:D

WOW ! A 72 meter hign Eucalyptus ! That must be a magnificent tree cheers
It is almost 50 % higher than the highest tree in Denmark, - a Douglas fir Very Happy

It is very interesting to read about trees in other countries bounce cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 11:55 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Don't you think the were White mulberries ? scratch They are used for silk worms:D

Yes Susanne, they're mulberries, I should check it first once I even know their scientific names. Though, English is still somewhat confuse for me with names of fruits, bluberries, blackberries, mulberries, bilberries, it is a complicated fruit salade for me yet. geek After checking what a blueberry means in Portuguese language, I figured that I should be a gnome to climb them. Laughing

Bowhead Whale

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 1:27 am

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Don't you think the were White mulberries ? scratch  They are used for silk worms:D

Yes Susanne, they're mulberries, I should check it first once I even know their scientific names. Though, English is still somewhat confuse for me with names of fruits, bluberries, blackberries, mulberries, bilberries, it is a complicated fruit salade for me yet. geek After checking what a blueberry means in Portuguese language, I figured that I should be a gnome to climb them. Laughing

A gnome or a smurf! You understand now why I was so confused to read you could actually climb a blueberry plant! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 10:39 am

Very nice set Valerie, congrats!

Blueberry tree speaks also to my imagination, that would be fantastic, and with blueberries big as apples, that would be a lot of blue coloured kids around  Very Happy
I guess we can have a new special STS version of that well-known song now:
"I found my thrill
On Blueberry Hill Tree..."
lol!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 5:40 pm

Thank you! By the way, I bought the Flowers Toob last week. I am expecting it via mail.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 1:48 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Thank you! By the way, I bought the Flowers Toob last week. I am expecting it via mail.

Please remember to show it to us as soon as you receive it. Very Happy
Reading again this topic, I think it could be a good idea to open a topic about trees around our house... scratch

Bowhead Whale

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob EmptyWed May 30, 2018 9:13 pm

BLACK SPRUCE

STAGHORN SUMAC

Here are two trees we see often in Québec: Black Spruce (Picea mariana) and Staghorn Sumac (Rhus tiphina).

The Black Spruce is one of the most common trees in the Boreal Forest in Canada. It is a conifer with a tall, slender silhouette, reaching 20 meters high and more. It thrives in very moisty grounds. Its spines are short and form an acute angle with the branch they are on. It is very recognisable by its huge gathering of cones at the very top of the tree.

The Staghorn Sumac is an angiosperm tree. It is not a tall tree, barely reaching 5 meters at the top. It kind of looks like a palm tree, except for the fact that its leaves are disposed in opposition with each other, instead of like a fan. Its branches are covered with a thick, greyish soft velvet; that is what gave the tree its name. Its fruits are grape-looking gatherings of red, velvet-covered nuts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trees Toob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trees Toob   Trees Toob Empty

Back to top Go down

Trees Toob
Page 1 of 1