Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!

Go down 
+15
NightLioness
widukind
Roger
WhiteLightning Wolf
Saarlooswolfhound
quagga
Duck-Anch-Amun
sbell
Ana
Anne from Norway
Night Elf
SUSANNE
Wilorvise
landrover
Takama
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 9:07 am

This series is just wonderful, - the vaquita is another species rarely seen, - and the model is lovely cheers

The TAI-pages for the series are not completely finished up-dated, it is very exiting see that thanks to Paige there are now only the three "red" ones Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 12:39 pm

That's all wonderful! I udnerstand that the prairie dog is an abuse of cuteness but this is the expectable design for non Japanese capsule toys. By the way, some Japanese lines also favor this kind of design and I love the Utah prairie dog anyway. While educational companies just call them prairie dogs without any reference to the exact species, this company of chocolates is giving us an exact species. On the other hand, the vaquita is excellent, it surely works nicely with the best Play Visions and I think it is very faithful to the species... a very rare and endangered one!

New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 VaquitaPorpoise
(external link)

New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 YowiesUSAVaquita
Yowie USA vaquita from Paige's collection

Last edited by Roger on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 1:09 pm

Ohmygoodness, I NEED the vaquita. It is the most endangered cetacean at the moment!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 12:06 am

The tapir has been added to the TAI gallery for anyone interested. Just the ferret and condor left.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 12:42 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
The tapir has been added to the TAI gallery for anyone interested. Just the ferret and condor left.

Fantastic! Tapir won't be the last! Very Happy I'll need one of these tapirs to @Gedevan, our silent but very friendly collector of tapirs. Very Happy
That's again a nice figure as we can see here! flower
I think it is quite exciting when something we collect is almost complete! Is your dentist richer now? Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 5:11 am

The Vaquita and Horned guan are very tempting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 3:01 pm

Beautieful vaquita, a another must have :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 4:22 pm

Beautiful birds and lion tamarin is fantastic Very Happy Applause Cool sunny
Thank you for these pictures and information study drunken
Or can you buy them! where? scratch Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 8:29 pm

You can now see the black footed ferret on TAI as well. I just need a condor now and the series is complete. Very Happy

Luke, these are a US only surprise egg like toy series. So the only way to get them if you don't live in the US is some places like eBay or members here in the forum.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 11:31 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
You can now see the black footed ferret on TAI as well. I just need a condor now and the series is complete. Very Happy

So the last one is a condor from California! Laughing The black-footed ferret is toyish in terms of proportions but at the same time very attractive. A design that makes me think how figures were designed in the past decade. It is also interesting that the other representative of this species was the almost 20 years old Play Visions figure. Very Happy

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 11:55 pm

Roger wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

So the last one is a condor from California! Laughing The black-footed ferret is toyish in terms of proportions but at the same time very attractive. A design that makes me think how figures were designed in the past decade. It is also interesting that the other representative of this species was the almost 20 years old Play Visions figure. Very Happy

And this could be one of those rare times where a Yowie figure is a better version than the Play Visions! At least in terms of paint job!

New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 Hyena-circle

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 5:34 pm

Finally the yowies all American series is complete. You can see them all in TAI. Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 6:25 pm

cheers cheers cheers

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 9:03 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 9:31 pm

Congratulations!

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 7:21 am

cheers cheers

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 2:06 pm

So nice to hear about a new Yowie USA series Smile As you understand, I'd love to have that manatee.. But the tapir looks very tempting as well! Thanks for sharing everything with us, Paige!

Just a question, are Yowies only available at Walmart? And what's the difference between the packaging of the old and new series?

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 2:51 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
So nice to hear about a new Yowie USA series Smile As you understand, I'd love to have that manatee.. But the tapir looks very tempting as well! Thanks for sharing everything with us, Paige!

Just a question, are Yowies only available at Walmart? And what's the difference between the packaging of the old and new series?

Walmart does not have exclusive rights, they're just ... more reliable about distributing to smaller stores because they like owning the market.

The packaging has stayed the same for the most part. The most noticeable differences are in the new capsule (which some of the old series had - a result of changing manufacturers of the chocolate and a copyright issue), and the new info tag was slightly redesigned.

New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 Yowiec10

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Thank you so much, Laura! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 5:18 pm

Congratulations Paige for completing this very beautiful collection of small figures of American animals and thanks Laura for providing more information. The gallery page of the collection at Toy Animal Wiki is really great! Very Happy

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 2:32 am

Okay, see I'm late to the party Laughing ... I was just in a 7-11 near my workplace and saw a display of these with "New All-American Collection!" emblazoned on the box. I wasn't able to buy any at this time, but figured folks here would either know about it or want to. I hadn't seen it yet before this store.

Does the 'capsules with a Yowie in them tend to be heavier than ones with an animal' rule still hold? I'm kind of dreading finding out what 7-11 is charging for them, but I love that pupfish! And I can try to pick something up for others, maybe trade for that Papo Australian Shepherd I never did get.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 10:01 pm

I've had a hard time guessing based on size because many of them are scaled larger, the new frog for example is roughly the same weight as the characters.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!   New 2016 Yowies USA series now available! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

New 2016 Yowies USA series now available!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4