Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please

Go down 
+10
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
pipsxlch
landrover
Jill
Bowhead Whale
Babdo
Jennypurr
SUSANNE
Roger
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 2:24 am

The llama! Look at that face! It certainly captures the general mood of a llama, if not the exact anatomy. Wink I love it!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 2:27 am

I've never worked with llamas, but I've been around them and they've always struck me as constitutionally grumpy creatures. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 11:03 am

pipsxlch wrote:
I've never worked with llamas, but I've been around them and they've always struck me as constitutionally grumpy creatures. Laughing

There's a topic for your llama [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but I already used your picture there. I could have moved your post to that topic but I enjoy seeing how your llama feels happy among all horses. Laughing Thanks a lot Kelly! Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 9:32 pm

The Funrise page is getting bigger and bigger! I wish we could find members who have the Funrise Dinosaurs as well...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 12:28 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
The Funrise page is getting bigger and bigger! I wish we could find members who have the Funrise Dinosaurs as well...

Not many of us are collecting these little dinos. I think the best option is that you get them yourself. Laughing
Actually they are not so rare, Here a few for sale.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 2:36 am

Funny you should mention the Funrise page getting bigger . . . Funrise Horse Package Day! Always a very exciting day! bounce

Got one of the ones I liked the most of the whole set. Certainly it's the most dynamic pose of the whole lot. And of course it features Funrise's favorite horse color - Chocolate Creme Oreo.

A Lusitano 1991

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With him came one that I was a little confused about because I couldn't quite place it any of the backcard images, but turns out it was the Shetland, which was also great news, another new face. :) Kind of a morose little figure.

I Shetland 1991

Still missing the Brabant and the Avelignese from the 1991 set. Still kicking myself for being too slow on the last ebay lot with the Brabant in it, but I am sure he will come around again. The Avelignese, well, just waiting for one to show up in a modest price range . . .
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 1:42 pm

I added these two on TAW now. It is the oldest Lusitano figure I know. At least they gave a slightly convex head profile and the Oreos color is typical for the breed. Laughing If you ever get a spare Lusitano in your lots, there's a Portuguese wanting it. Wink It has also a very distint pose as you mentioned.
I hope you can find the Belgian and the Haflinger. Very Happy

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 6:38 pm

Two wonderful horses from this wonderful vintage brand! cheers
I love the Shetland, very sweet! I love you The Lusitano has a fantastic pose, looking very proud with his head held high and flowing mane! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 1:47 am

Jill wrote:
Funny you should mention the Funrise page getting bigger . . . Funrise Horse Package Day! Always a very exciting day! bounce

Got one of the ones I liked the most of the whole set. Certainly it's the most dynamic pose of the whole lot. And of course it features Funrise's favorite horse color - Chocolate Creme Oreo.

A Lusitano 1991

With him came one that I was a little confused about because I couldn't quite place it any of the backcard images, but turns out it was the Shetland, which was also great news, another new face. :) Kind of a morose little figure.

I Shetland 1991

Still missing the Brabant and the Avelignese from the 1991 set. Still kicking myself for being too slow on the last ebay lot with the Brabant in it, but I am sure he will come around again. The Avelignese, well, just waiting for one to show up in a modest price range . . .

I think the Chocolate Oreo is meant to represent the coat color we call "Dark Bay" or "Brown"; it is a bay coat mixed with lots of black hairs and the horse looks almost black.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 5:45 pm

I agree! Perhaps easier to mass produce a brown circle around the middle than along the flanks and face . . .
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 5:49 pm

Jill wrote:
I agree! Perhaps easier to mass produce a brown circle around the middle than along the flanks and face . . .

Companies indeed tend to make it easy! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 6:08 pm

Roger wrote:
I added these two on TAW now. It is the oldest Lusitano figure I know. At least they gave a slightly convex head profile and the Oreos color is typical for the breed. Laughing If you ever get a spare Lusitano in your lots, there's a Portuguese wanting it. Wink It has also a very distint pose as you mentioned.
I'll absolutely keep an eye out. cheers There's enough of them I still need that I am sure I'll get more duplicates.

I think that's cool that Funrise did the Lusitano "first" (maybe). Even before Breyer I think!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 9:41 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Not many of us are collecting these little dinos. I think the best option is that you get them yourself. Laughing
Actually they are not so rare, Here a few for sale.

Oh! Gosh! Shocked I am actually taking my breath from a figure-buying orgy that lasted two months, May and June. An Imperial-Soma-Dor Mei orgy, spiced with S.H. and Toy Major. I was intending to get some buying rest for a few months. And now, you are talking about going into another figure-buying orgy... Surprised
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 3:59 am

And I found a lot with Imperial dinosaurs on Shopgoodwill I was going to show you, Valerie, but I thought you might want to shoot me for tempting you! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 11:01 am

Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:
I'll absolutely keep an eye out. cheers There's enough of them I still need that I am sure I'll get more duplicates.

I think that's cool that Funrise did the Lusitano "first" (maybe). Even before Breyer I think!

Thanks! I am not sure if these dates are accurate but it is what I know:

1991 Funrise
1993 Breyer
1994 Empire Grand Champions
2006 Papo
2007 Safari
2010 Schleich
2011 CollectA

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Oh! Gosh! Shocked I am actually taking my breath from a figure-buying orgy that lasted two months, May and June. An Imperial-Soma-Dor Mei orgy, spiced with S.H. and Toy Major. I was intending to get some buying rest for a few months. And now, you are talking about going into another figure-buying orgy... Surprised

Laughing No hurries, these little dinos use to stay for sale for a long time. Not even dino collectors seem to be after them.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 9:47 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
And I found a lot with Imperial dinosaurs on Shopgoodwill I was going to show you, Valerie, but I thought you might want to shoot me for tempting you! Laughing

Please just choose something I can trade with your Skin and Bones Parasaurolophus for now. I will check for stores later. Cool
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 4:42 pm

Life has really come down hard lately, but in the middle of it, I found two more of these horses - a little bitty delight in the middle of it all!

From the 1994 set

Sicilian E

Breton F

Only missing the Icelandic Pony, Gidran Arabian, and Barb now from this set.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 5:09 pm

Beautiful horses Jill! The draft especially.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 7:02 pm

These horses are lovely, the perfect distraction when life gets hard! I really hope that things get better for you soon! I love you
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 11:11 pm

Congratulations for acquiring two more Funrise horses! I added them on TAW.
Collecting is a perfect distraction and remember, life is a hard plastic figure and our wallets are hollow models. flower

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 8:37 pm

Two more, to complete the 1991 set, my favorite. :) The Brabant is easily one of my favorites of this set. Where the Brabant has gallantry, the Avelignese (haflinger) looks a bit disgruntled, though the molds would pair well as a driving team. As always, I think it would be fun to find doubles of these and paint them better, but the 1991 and 1994 are not so easy to find as the 1988 set, of which I have many body doubles now.

Belgian Brabant E

Avelignese L

Last edited by Jill on Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 8:39 pm

Congratulations on completing your set! Applause

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 9:10 pm

Me, oh my ! Jill where do you find all these goodies cheers

Sorry to hear that life is not treating you kindly, - I am sure there are good things ahead also I love you

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 1:22 pm

I added them on TAW now.
Considering all the effort you do make to complete these sets, I believe it is a great joy when finally the last pieces of the puzzle are in your hands.
I am also happy to see that you find some time and energy to post on forum.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 4:18 pm

Thank you guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next