Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich African Watering Hole Project (chose 1:32 scale so mainly using Britains animals)

Go down 
+4
arafan
Roger
SUSANNE
ethomas
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

Schleich African Watering Hole Project (chose 1:32 scale so mainly using Britains animals) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Watering Hole Project (chose 1:32 scale so mainly using Britains animals)   Schleich African Watering Hole Project (chose 1:32 scale so mainly using Britains animals) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 12:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In 1972 Britains new issues to their Wildlife range three animals with moving parts and this image shows scale relationships. All were sculpted by George Ford.

The most successful was the Crocodile with a viciously snapping jaw. The other two, the Giraffe and the Ostrich, had necks which were pivoted so the head could move down towards the ground from an upright position.

Note the Giraffe in this image is different from the one in my post above.

Schleich African Watering Hole Project (chose 1:32 scale so mainly using Britains animals)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2