Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around

Go down 
+4
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Roger
postsaurischian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
postsaurischian

postsaurischian

Country/State : Germany

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Empty
PostSubject: Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around    Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 9:29 am

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Eikoh%20Fennek%2001

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Eikoh%20Fennek%2002

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Eikoh%20Fennek%2003

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Eikoh%20Fennek%2004

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Eikoh%20Fennek%2005

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Eikoh%20Fennek%2006

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Eikoh%20Fennek%2007

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Eikoh%20Fennek%2008

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Eikoh%20Fennek%2009

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Eikoh%20Fennek%2010

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Eikoh%20Fennek%2011

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Eikoh%20Fennek%2012
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around    Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 12:49 pm

That's a great walk around! Very Happy We have been quite lucky these last years with fennecs. They seem to be popular these days. Strangely, the brand of the cute animals, Schleich, hasn't released one yet and is releasing this year, instead, a 4th generation of the red fox. Laughing I like the Eikoh very much, it worked nicely with company's style but I keep having a preference for the CollectA fox among modern figures. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around    Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 1:53 am

Thankyou for a fine walkaround of this lovely model cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around    Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 10:03 am

The Eikoh Fennec fox is a really nice figurine, one of the best of the whole line. I hope we will see more of these in the future, the brand seems a bit sleepy this year.

I ALSO WISH WE WILL SEE MORE OF YOUR WALKAROUND cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around    Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 12:12 pm

A beautieful fennec :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around    Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 5:46 pm

As the Eikohh Fennec was back to discussion, here is a comparison picture with the famous CollectA and Papo ones.
As these figures use almost the same plastic densisy, their weight is a good indicator of their size. CollectA 12g, Eikoh 5g and Papo 10g .The Safari, not pictured, weighs 15g.
Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   IMG-1960

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around    Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 1:41 am

Thanks Roger.
Yeah, the Eikoh model is wonderful, a shame that those Eikoh figurines are so hard to find.
It would be nice if someone could add the Safari Fennec to this comparison photo. For me, it always looked like another species and not like a fennec.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around    Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:26 am

We discussed some years ago on forum about the fact that the Safari fennec looks more like a Blanford's fox than a fennec. I don't remember but I think a ruppell's was also suggested. Doug Watson uses to study very well his figures before sculpting. The problem is that these species are quite similar and they even often are wrongly labeled online. Chad even told that calling it a fennec doesn't make it a fennec.
About the comparison picture, poor as always, it is below with all 4.

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Fennecs-CPES

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around    Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:40 am

Roger wrote:
We discussed some years ago on forum about the fact that the Safari fennec looks more like a Blanford's  fox than a fennec. I don't remember but I think a ruppell's was also suggested. Doug Watson uses to study very well his figures before sculpting. The problem is that these species are quite similar and they even often are wrongly labeled online. Chad even told that calling it a fennec doesn't make it a fennec.

The three non-Safari figures are all lovely; I am happy with my decision for the Papo one (the eyes on mine I think are painted a little better, huh Roger? Maybe it's just the angle and lighting?)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around    Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 9:09 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
We discussed some years ago on forum about the fact that the Safari fennec looks more like a Blanford's  fox than a fennec. I don't remember but I think a ruppell's was also suggested. Doug Watson uses to study very well his figures before sculpting. The problem is that these species are quite similar and they even often are wrongly labeled online. Chad even told that calling it a fennec doesn't make it a fennec.

The three non-Safari figures are all lovely; I am happy with my decision for the Papo one (the eyes on mine I think are painted a little better, huh Roger? Maybe it's just the angle and lighting?)

Your decision was good once you want things in relative scale and maybe the Papo is the best of these 4. The Eikoh is a good alternative to who who wants a fennec in a smaller size.
About the painting and honestly, blind as I am, it looks good enough to me in real, my pictures are often bad, with flash and wrong lighting. However, it won't surprise me if yours are better painted. Here is another bad picture but the light on eyes is more balanced.
Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Papo-2018-_Fennec-_Susanne

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around    Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 9:14 am

Roger wrote:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, how extremely useful is your comparison pic!!!!!! Big thanks! I think that I will end buying the Eikoh's fennec and get rid of my CollectA's one, because of its size :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around    Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 12:43 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Thanks Roger.
Yeah, the Eikoh model is wonderful, a shame that those Eikoh figurines are so hard to find.
It would be nice if someone could add the Safari Fennec to this comparison photo. For me, it always looked like another species and not like a fennec.

Not hard to find but also not cheap :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around    Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around   Empty

Back to top Go down

Eikoh 'Miniatureplanet' - Fennec fox walk around
Page 1 of 1