Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A variation of the roaring Papo lion!

Go down 
+12
Tarunyada
JamesPanda
Kikimalou
Mxb
LukaLeon085
Numa
SUSANNE
donny ong
Roger
Florian
widukind
NightLioness
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shardur

Shardur

Country/State : Germany

A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 6:44

I bought such a variation recently, too! Because of the difference and the improved hindleg. But I have to check his belly yet.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 7:39

Shardur wrote:
I bought such a variation recently, too! Because of the difference and the improved hindleg. But I have to check his belly yet.

Improved hind leg? Could you explain? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shardur

Shardur

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2016 - 20:33

The hindleg of the newer variation looks more natural in my opinion. You can see it in the 3rd photo of page 1.) :)
Back to top Go down
idimp

idimp

Country/State : /

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 9:26

My Papp Lion! What a surprise! Very nice, but I thought it was Papo...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 17:55

idimp wrote:
My Papp Lion! What a surprise! Very nice, but I thought it was Papo...

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Feb 2020 - 11:16

My figure had a very surprising feature: a purple underbelly and a odd looking face. I'm rather disappointed as most of your figures look amazing and gorgeous.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 6:05

Advicot wrote:
My figure had a very surprising feature: a purple underbelly and a odd looking face. I'm rather disappointed as most of your figures look amazing and gorgeous.

Where did you buy it ? Are you sure it isn't a knockoff
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 8:21

That is truely cheating, - calling Papo-knock offs "Papp" Suspect

But it does look ok Wink

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Apr 2020 - 9:29

I bought it from Wonderland Models a place where I get all my Papo, I just believe its a badly painted figure. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Apr 2020 - 15:03

I think it is beautyful Shocked Very Happy

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Apr 2020 - 16:16

His coat is the typical lion colours but the purple belly and weird eye brows that look like bad makeup doesn't make him that beautiful.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Apr 2020 - 18:18

Gosh ! Does he have a purple belly !!! Shocked
Perhaps he was resting in some flowers ? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Country/State : Thailand

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 6:51

is this variation hard to find(rare) ? or this is a mass production

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 11:53

It's definitely better painted than mine Rolling Eyes Smile

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 13:48

41861 wrote:

is this variation hard to find(rare) ? or this is a mass production

I don't have this model, is there anything different to be noticed on your variation? Papo models change a lot the painting in different runs of production. By the way, welcome on forum. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   A variation of the roaring Papo lion! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A variation of the roaring Papo lion!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2