Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue

Go down 
+45
Iuri97
Duck-Anch-Amun
scot(t)
Lionwoman
Dunfold
javito
MartinH
onatello
lucky luke
75senta75
Geospiza fortis
WhiteLightning Wolf
PeGe
Gwaine
Melekh
Saien
NightLioness
JamesPanda
Florian
barracudacat
utd7
Roger
Kikimalou
Taos
terrorchicken
costicuba
shadoweon
Malatesta
LukaLeon085
JonasV
Sergey
Manuel Alejandro Gómez
Robert
baltimore zoo
TheLastStardust
Fossa
john2xtheman
arafan
Tupolew Tu-154
Saarlooswolfhound
Bloodrayne
widukind
Ana
SUSANNE
Takama
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Dec 2016 - 15:12

The Comtois is lovely but I surely need the dachshound! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PhocidPhreak

PhocidPhreak

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Dec 2016 - 20:40

That seal (I'm going to say it's a harbor/common seal, because they're my favorite Very Happy ) may be the best pinniped model I've seen. The pose is perfect, and so many sculptors forget that seals do, in fact, have hips.

Does anyone know when the new models become available?

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 17:04

There is also the Cheval Hanoverian black and white horse that is new with the Contois. Smile

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Mar 2017 - 19:06

I truly think Papo should give up making Smilodonts. I find this new Smilodon ridiculous looking.  The mane, the tiger stripes, the ears. etc, etc....what a mess. I will pass.   Like someone else stated, they should put it in their fantasy section.  That seems to be more Papo's style of figurines when it comes to certain Prehistoric animals.  
To myself, the Mojo Smilodon is 100 times nicer.  I think Papo Smilodon Sculptors need to ask Paleocraft  Sculptors how its done.

I do however really like their Cave Bear.  It looks to have good scientific accuracy.

Last edited by smilodoncalifornicus on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 20:42; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Mar 2017 - 20:32

PeGe wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing  What the hell was wrong with the smilodon sculptor?

I'd like to know the answer to that myself.  They are obviously a different group of people than the ones that designed and sculpted the Cave Bear.

Cave Bear -  nicely researched  with good Scientific accuracy

Smilodon - some kind of mythical creature from a far away fantasy land.

Last edited by smilodoncalifornicus on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 20:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Mar 2017 - 21:29

smilodoncalifornicus wrote:
PeGe wrote:

I'd like to know the answer to that myself.  They are obviously a different group of people than the ones that designed and sculpted the Cave Bear.

Smilodon - some kind of mythical creature from a far away fantasy world

Indeed... From the "Big Cats" company we could expect something else than a clown clown

At least we will have a great cave bear I hope.
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 3:00

[quote="Kikimalou"]
PeGe wrote:

Smilodon - some kind of mythical creature from a far away fantasy world

Indeed... From the "Big Cats" company we could expect something else than a clown clown

At least we will have a great cave bear I hope.[/quote

I agree with you Chrisrophe. I don't understand how Papo can make such great sculptings of modern cats like their Snow Leopard and Tigers and then make such a terrible Sabertooth Cat.
Back to top Go down
Lionwoman

Lionwoman

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptySat 6 May 2017 - 2:02

Hi, anyone knows when would to be out the Roaring Smilodon? I'ev been searching for it in Amazon and other figure-seller webs in my country and nothing.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptySat 6 May 2017 - 9:02

Lionwoman wrote:
Hi, anyone knows when would to be out the Roaring Smilodon? I'ev been searching for it in Amazon and other figure-seller webs in my country and nothing.

I also look forward to the smilodon, - and especially the cave-lion ! Very Happy
We have to be patient a while still Rolling Eyes Laughing

Lionwoman

Lionwoman

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptySun 7 May 2017 - 1:29

SUSANNE wrote:
Lionwoman wrote:

I also look forward to the smilodon, - and especially the cave-lion ! Very Happy
We have to be patient a while still Rolling Eyes Laughing

Thanks, hope arrives soon
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptySun 7 May 2017 - 4:26

I take notice Papo is taking a really long while in releasing there new animals. Most of them are out and available but the fennec fox and ocelot. A few months ago on eBay there were tons of listings for many of the new animals but now for the past month they have dwindled to nearly nothing. I have no luck finding them on other sites either.

I really hope there isn't some kind of distribution problem. :'(

It's already so hard to get Mojo Fun figures in the US...really hoping it's not going to become super hard to get Papo too!

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 0:46

The big problem we have here (in the Netherlands) is that we can not get any catalogues...
I have spoken with two stores personally and know from Julie that she also spoke with one store, that all three have NO Papo booklets.
They do not make them for this year anymore, I heard. No booklets... Sad

I have my hands on the new 2017 dachshund, red-tailed deer fawn and red panda (both from Julie <3), seal and the Mandarin duck.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 8:50

NightLioness wrote:
The big problem we have here (in the Netherlands) is that we can not get any catalogues...
I have spoken with two stores personally and know from Julie that she also spoke with one store, that all three have NO Papo booklets.
They do not make them for this year anymore, I heard. No booklets... Sad

I have my hands on the new 2017 dachshund, red-tailed deer fawn and red panda (both from Julie <3), seal and the Mandarin duck.

Ahh! You are right ! I was wondering why I couldn't find one Shocked
I am lucky to have the large dealer's catalogue, but the small ones are so much more handy Rolling Eyes

smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 18:10

Roger wrote:
Curiously, I am not also excited with the prehistoric animals, Papo dinos use to be more attractive or it is these pictures that are not appealing me. The smilodon is particularly silly and breaks completely with previous version. Cave bear is also the most interesting for me. Very Happy

I agree with you Roger. That Smilodon is just awful. I don't understand how a mainstream company can get it so bad.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 22:34

Roger wrote:
Curiously, I am not also excited with the prehistoric animals, Papo dinos use to be more attractive or it is these pictures that are not appealing me. The smilodon is particularly silly and breaks completely with previous version. Cave bear is also the most interesting for me. Very Happy

I agree with you Roger.  That Smilodon is just awful.  I don't understand how a mainstream company can get it so bad.

It is a Smilotigon lol!

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 3:40

I also like this Smilodon. ^^

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 5:07

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

I agree with you Roger.  That Smilodon is just awful.  I don't understand how a mainstream company can get it so bad.

It is a Smilotigon lol!

affraid  I always thought it was a Smile-odon clown  Laughing
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 9:39

Kikimalou wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

It is a Smilotigon lol!

the so called smilodon should have been in the mythological section, the Papo prehistoric collection for 2017 has one gem .. the cave bear

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 20:24

JamesPanda wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

It is a Smilotigon lol!

the so called smilodon should have been in the mythological section, the Papo prehistoric collection for 2017 has one gem .. the cave bear

Very true.  It is the most ridiculous Sabertooth I have ever seen done.
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 21:03

JamesPanda wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

It is a Smilotigon lol!

Very true.  It is the most ridiculous Sabertooth I have ever seen done.

That's excatly the word - Ridiculous ! The older Papo sabertooth still stands the test of time

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 10:22

I just saw some pictures of the Papo 2017 ocelot on Instagram and thought you might like to see them as well!

Here's the ocelot from the catalogue:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here's the ocelot from Instagram (property of @figure_zooo):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What do you guys think? I think the they did the paintjob way easier than on the official photo. Such a pity silent

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 11:20

Ouch !!! Looks a big disappointment ! Oh nooo ... hope it's just the trick cameras play sometimes but I doubt it ...

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 11:33

JamesPanda wrote:
Ouch !!! Looks a big disappointment ! Oh nooo ... hope it's just the trick cameras play sometimes but I doubt it ...

Yes indeed, such a pity Neutral Well, I think it would be a fun project for all the repainters here at STS Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 13:28

Thanks Julie, it is quite noticiable the difference even if it is usual from Papo to retouch a lot their official pictures. I hope they update the painting later as they did with some figures. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue    New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New from Papo 2017 with link to full catalogue
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5