Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

News about Colorata

Go down 
+21
Duck-Anch-Amun
arafan
NightLioness
Dutch Bear
Numa
WhiteLightning Wolf
Megaptera
bmathison1972
Tarunyada
landrover
Sergey
donny ong
JamesPanda
SUSANNE
Roger
Ana
halichoeres
widukind
Kikimalou
sbell
almisi43
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

News about Colorata - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 6:15 am

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Just read on wiki about the leopard cat study The status of their subspecies as the Iriomote Cat already often changed. In 2017, they etablished this taxonomy:

following a revision of Felidae taxonomy in 2017, two leopard cat species are now recognised, based on molecular analyses, morphological differences, and biogeographic separation:

- the mainland leopard cat (P. bengalensis) is widely distributed on mainland Asia, from Pakistan to Southeast Asia, China, and the Russian Far East.
- the Sunda leopard cat (P. javanensis) is native to Java, Bali, Borneo, Sumatra, Palawan, Negros, Cebu, Panay, and possibly the Malay Peninsula.

Two mainland leopard cat subspecies are currently recognised:

- P. b. bengalensis (Kerr, 1792) ranges in South and East Asia, from Pakistan to China, and probably the Malay Peninsula; and
- P. b. euptilura (Elliott, 1871) is native to the Russian Far East, Manchuria, Korea, Taiwan, Iriomote and Tsushima Islands.

So for the moment, the iriomote and the Tsushima leopard cat are island variations from P. b. euptilura

yeah, it's a mess. One could argue they are genetically isolated being on different islands, but have the been isolated long enough to establish true subspeciation?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 4:34 pm

I got the Tsushima cat in the mail today. It is pretty small (4.0 cm, including tail), which puts it in the scale of 1:13-1:22 which some may like!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 2:06 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
I got the Tsushima cat in the mail today. It is pretty small (4.0 cm, including tail), which puts it in the scale of 1:13-1:22 which some may like!

THAT is a tiny model !
Now I look at the picture of all of them together with the box, it seems that the models are all very little , or... scratch

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 4:02 am

Within each box, Coloratas are made in relative sizes (approximately), smaller animals are smaller and larger animals are larger. The smaller ones are smaller than Eikoh and Kaiyodo standard sizes. The Colorata website gives quite accurate information about their sizes.

But despite their small size, most of the figures in this box are still too large for my scale. Only the Asian black bear is right, so very reluctantly, I haven't ordered this box. I am hoping that I'll find the bear alone one day.

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

News about Colorata
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6