Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus

Go down 
+3
Ana
Bloodrayne
postsaurischian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
postsaurischian

postsaurischian

Country/State : Germany

Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus Empty
PostSubject: Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus   Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 9:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus   Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 9:59 am

Thank you for the pictures.
The colours are really nice on this one.
So is the striding pose and its abillity to stand on two feet.
Well done Papo!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus   Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 12:21 pm

Wonderful photos of a great model! The paintwork is fantastic! I thought it was custom painted, it is really great! cheers
Thank you for the excellent walk around! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus   Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Magnificent photos of a magnificent model of a magnificent creature - can it be much better ? cheers Applause

Look at the power and the pose, - ready to attack a tank, if needed !!! WOW !!!

I can't help comparing the paintwork of Safari's model : Safari's latest model  Rolling Eyes

Compared to this powerful brute, the one from Rebor is a frail youngster Laughing

Thankyou very much for sharing, - this one definitely entered my wishlist now cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus   Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Nice pics and nice dinosaur :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus   Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Perfect pictures of this new beast! Very Happy
That's a very exciting figure, very detailed and with a fantastic pose. I don't remember seeing such a great figure when I just watched official pictures. It is powerful, a little to the monstruous side and clearly directed to pop culture. However, I find it, mainly the pose, nicer than the good work Dough Watson did with the Safari figure. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus   Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:16 am

Impressive how it stands on his legs Shocked

Is it me or it is really broad and heavily built?

Thank you for the topic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus   Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 11:32 am

Now that you mention it, Christophe. I notice how ingenious the sculptor was playing with the center of gravity of the figure. Taking the point where it touch the ground as a vertical axis, it seems the rear half is almost as massive as the front half of the animal being the massive tail a good counterweight to the head. Using computers it is not hard at all but using traditional sculpting methods, I suppose it is very hard to achieve a good point of balance. Interesting that the pose of the legs are somewhat placed forward giving the impression that the rear of the animal is really long. Nevertheless, I like much more the figure like it is done than the tripod stance we see in several figures.

postsaurischian

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus   Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 6:26 pm

I would say the front half is heavier than the back part and it would fall over ... if Papo didn't have had the brilliant idea of balancing the figure on one foot and the toes of the other, which keeps the animal from falling on its snout. I'm pretty sure other companies will copy that in the future Smile .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus   Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus
Page 1 of 1