Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.

Go down 
+3
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
SUSANNE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. Empty
PostSubject: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 10:00 pm

Please let me introduce the new Leatherback sea turtle from Safari.  Very Happy
(Sorry for re-using my TAI photos  drunken )

My first impression was not entirely positive, though. It is a hollow models, and weights only about half of the previous one, which is app the same size Rolling Eyes
We are used to hollow models in the "Incredible Creatures" series, but not in the "Wild Safari Sea Life" series.
The paint looksrather dull, but that seems to be the new style from Safari...

But please tell me what you think, after just looking at some pictures Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here he is between the one from Papo and the old Safari model, in front CollectA and American Yowie .
My personal favorite is the one from Papo Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 11:18 pm

Susanne, thanks for opening this topic! Very Happy I don't have yet a figure of that interesting species but some day I will add one of these to my collection. Turtles and tortoise were always a part of it and leatherbacks are not an exception. I am truly disappointed that the figure is hollow. I hope the hollow thing is not gradually introduced in Wild Safari series during next years, not that hollow figures should be neglected but we love solide and heavy figures. Will Safari introduce hollow hwales and other standard sized figures in future? I hope not. They already have Incredible Creatures and Wildlife Wonders as hollow figures but those are jumbo sized, we understand.
The new figure is, however, an important update when compared with the previous version. It is particularly obvious with the most intricated pattern of the newere figure.
My choice of all of these, would be for sure also the Papo leatherback, it looks very detailed and we know Papo is never hollow! Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 6:14 am

Great new model! It's too bad it's hollow, something can be said for a model that has a little heft in hand. The painting isn't my favorite of the species as a model in the past, but it's not terrible enough for me to neglect it in my collection. Papo still has the best, but this one will find its way into my shelves someday. Great walk-around and thanks for sharing Susanne!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 4:49 pm

A very nice turtle :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Thankyou for your comments, friends Very Happy

I got a thought...yes, I actually did !!!  Shocked  scratch  cheers  Laughing

It is like Safari unwillingly swapped the series of the nudibranch and the leatherback...
The nudibranch is very little for the Incredible Creatures-series, and the turtle is hollow, which is common for ICs but not the Safari Wildlife-series Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 12:10 am

Anyone have the Wings of the World Dodo? and the New Wild Safari Panda?  Both of those models were hollow too, so this is not a new phonomon with the Wild Safari models

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 12:19 am

Susanne's thought is interesting. Maybe they hadn't swapped series but they are using both manufacturing solutions regardless of the series. I didn't know the WS giant panda was hollow too. It means they used the same formula of their WW giant panda that is hollow. My niece has the previous WS giant panda and it is quite heavy actually. About the dodo, I have it and I never noticed it was hollow. Actually, my dodo has a rubbery touch just like the Mojö emu. scratch

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 am

Roger wrote:
Susanne's thought is interesting. Maybe they hadn't swapped series but they are using both manufacturing solutions regardless of the series. I didn't know the WS giant panda was hollow too. It means they used the same formula of their WW giant panda that is hollow. My niece has the previous WS giant panda and it is quite heavy actually. About the dodo, I have it and I never noticed it was hollow. Actually, my dodo has a rubbery touch just like the Mojö emu. scratch

Strange

I have to contact Safari about the Dodo. mine is made out of VERY hollow Plastic

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 2:05 am

First to say about this new model of Leatherback turtle,
it look`s interesting..I like the sculpture, the proportions.. And not so much the paint work on top and on the head..
This what is interesting for me, is that the shape of the head, look`s different from the other models -
it is with more triangular shape, which I don`t know if it`s more realistic or not... I think not scratch

Other interesting thing for me is the way Safari interpreted the under part of the model - not only like a paint job, but also like a sculpture. And for me was interesting is it realistic this way.....so watching many real photos.... I think, that this interpretation is also not very correct.., but I`m still not sure.
I also have the Papo one and I think, it is very good one. But the new Safari is for sure nice model too :)

Susanne, thank you for sharing these nice photos with us :)

Last edited by costicuba on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 2:14 am

Takama wrote:
Anyone have the Wings of the World Dodo? and the New Wild Safari Panda?  Both of those models were hollow too, so this is not a new phonomon with the Wild Safari models

Takama, I also have this Panda and mine is hollow too.
Strange thing is also, that for the small and hollow model, this Panda is pretty heavy.
And because of that, and also because the parts are assembled not so visible, maybe not many people paid attention of it..

So I think, that with this new, hollow technology, Safari is trying to save material ...and in this way - money .

Oh, I want to find this Dodo so much.
But in these days it is very hard....the model become rare on the market.

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 3:10 am

costicuba wrote:
Takama wrote:

Takama, I also have this Panda and mine is hollow too.
Strange thing is also, that for the small and hollow model, this Panda is pretty heavy.
And because of that, and also because the parts are assembled not so visible, maybe not many people paid attention of it..

So I think, that with this new, hollow technology, Safari is trying to save material ...and in this way - money .

Oh, I want to find this Dodo so much.
But in these days it is very hard....the model become rare on the market.

Dejankins is a American Retailer that sells Prehistoric models.

and they have the Dodo for sale

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

they shipp worldwide, and with shipping you only pay what they pay to send it.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 8:47 am

At the first glance I liked this model, the painting is fine and differnt from the other leatherback turtles on the market. I also like the details even if I agree the Vshaped head is wrong.

I don't know for the under part, real animal pics are rare and it is really hard to know.

About the hollow thing, is it smooth? I have the WW Giant panda, it is hollow but you only know when you feel the weight, it isn't smooth like some IC fgures are. If its is hard enough, it is ok for me.

I like all yur pics Susanne but the last one is my favorite, you have a beautiful little tribe. I don't have any of these but tehy are really iterresting and tepting models drunken
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 4:16 pm

I apologize, that with Takama we went for a different subject of conversation ..
:)

Takama wrote:

Thank you very much for this information Takama :)
I tried to check, how much will be the shipping .... but they don`t show this exactly ...
Maybe will be not so much, but still I`m not sure ... scratch

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 4:35 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

I don't know for the under part, real animal pics are rare and it is really hard to know.

Exactly. It is hard to find photos of under part of this turtle...
But today I checked again and I got lucky cheers
I found two photos ...so here they are :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Ahhh! Great pictures, Kosta cheers

So they DO have a pattern on the belly Very Happy

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 5:28 pm

costicuba wrote:
I apologize, that with Takama we went for a different subject of conversation ..
:)

Takama wrote:

Thank you very much for this information Takama :)
I tried to check, how much will be the shipping .... but they don`t show this exactly ...
Maybe will be not so much, but still I`m not sure ... scratch

This is not a your average website, you have to Email them for Information. They usualy will get back to you.

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 12:04 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Ahhh! Great pictures, Kosta cheers

So they DO have a pattern on the belly Very Happy

Yes and a very beautiful pattern actually Very Happy

And Safari made it an interesting one too :)

But from this what I see, under the shell, the Safari model is sculpted in a strange way
..not very realistic for a leatherback turtles..

PostSubject: Re: The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.   The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017. Empty

Back to top Go down

The new Leatherback turtle fro Safari 2017.
Page 1 of 1