Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

User voted horse for Schleich :-)

Go down 
+17
barracudacat
wezeltje79
Schleich GingerNinja
Gwaine
Takama
Loustic
Tupolew Tu-154
TheLastStardust
bun2013
Night Elf
Roger
Ana
NightLioness
onatello
Anne from Norway
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

User voted horse for Schleich :-) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: User voted horse for Schleich :-)   User voted horse for Schleich :-) - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:39 pm

Quote :
They have to learn sometime. Parents are just embarrassed to teach their kids on that subject. IMHO the earlier the better.

I agree. This never even bothered me as a kid since I saw it as perfectly natural. I have noticed that the newest haflinger stallion was a little on the small side, if you know what I mean.

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: User voted horse for Schleich :-)   User voted horse for Schleich :-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 11:01 am

I voted hackney but we all know now that its not going to be any of ours suggestions Razz

Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: User voted horse for Schleich :-)   User voted horse for Schleich :-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 11:03 am

barracudacat wrote:
Quote :
They have to learn sometime. Parents are just embarrassed to teach their kids on that subject. IMHO the earlier the better.

I agree.  This never even bothered me as a kid since I saw it as perfectly natural.  I have noticed that the newest haflinger stallion was a little on the small side, if you know what I mean.

I swear to go i noticed that 2~
and i dind;t want to comment on it but all the horses are getter smaller and smaller ''over there''

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: User voted horse for Schleich :-)   User voted horse for Schleich :-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 3:27 pm

If they're really hiding stallion's parts because of curious children resp. because of prudish parents, it's sad. When I started to collect Schleich back in 2004, the company's philosophy was to play and educate. But now, it seems to me that the philosophy is to get as much money as possible from little girls' parents... pale

I also have nothing against braided manes into small buns (actually "braided" model can be used with tack much easier, than model with long flying mane) but those pink and purple ribbons and big unrealistic braids are really bothering.

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: User voted horse for Schleich :-)   User voted horse for Schleich :-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 5:16 pm

Quote :

I also have nothing against braided manes into small buns (actually "braided" model can be used with tack much easier, than model with long flying mane) but those pink and purple ribbons and big unrealistic braids are really bothering.

Yes, I absolutely agree!  There are many breeds out there that already have great traditional braids or adornments similar to your fantastic icon, or the ones commonly seen in draft horses or gaited breeds.  However, they seem to go with inventing their own braids, or adding them to breeds that look better natural (such as Arabians, Lipizzaners, or Fell ponies).  I wish they would research them just a little more since they could easily make both the young girls and older collectors happy.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: User voted horse for Schleich :-)   User voted horse for Schleich :-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 6:14 pm

I have a feeling they just tell their sculptors "make a horse" and slap a breed on later....

Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: User voted horse for Schleich :-)   User voted horse for Schleich :-) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 10:18 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
I have a feeling they just tell their sculptors "make a horse" and slap a breed on later....

Just .. its like yes ^

Schleich GingerNinja

Country/State : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: User voted horse for Schleich :-)   User voted horse for Schleich :-) - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 9:02 pm

So its a connemara! This is a new breed for schleich (as far as I am aware) and I am both excited and worried about what this will turn out like! (Fingers crossed no braids!) bounce

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: User voted horse for Schleich :-)   User voted horse for Schleich :-) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 11:20 am

Schleich GingerNinja wrote:
So its a connemara! This is a new breed for schleich (as far as I am aware) and I am both excited and worried about what this will turn out like! (Fingers crossed no braids!) bounce

Yes !! Connemara is actually a good choice, - in TAI we only have the Connemara from Bullyland. A very nice model , but I was surprised to see how rare this lovely breed is in the tay-world Shocked

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: User voted horse for Schleich :-)   User voted horse for Schleich :-) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 12:26 am

I think it is a good choice actually. At least, it is a new breed to the company. I was afraid it could turn in a much more common breed. Well, it is a pony and that says a lot about what is Schleich targeted.
I don't known if the Copperfox model had any influence, much probably not. We miss it on TAI, by the way. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: User voted horse for Schleich :-)   User voted horse for Schleich :-) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

User voted horse for Schleich :-)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3