Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Diprotodon Project

Go down 
+24
Tupolew Tu-154
lucky luke
Tarunyada
Roger
Kikimalou
pm64
donny ong
landrover
zirkoon
postsaurischian
widukind
Southlands Replicas
pipsxlch
Turacin
bjarki12
pokeyanyway
JamesPanda
Saarlooswolfhound
costicuba
sbell
Ana
SUSANNE
Florian
barracudacat
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Diprotodon Project - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 3:16 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
postsaurischian

postsaurischian

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 10:33 pm

Applause  WONDERFUL Applause
Back to top Go down
zirkoon

zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 12:20 pm

Fantastic!!!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 10:15 pm

Very nice texture.

I would like to see this model with painting,soon.

cheers cheers cheers

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 2:24 am

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 11:46 am

Unbelievable ...fantastic model amazing job, can't wait to have it in my collection bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 7:38 am

I feel like I missed a whole season of my favorite series and now I am watching episodes one after the other... I apologize to missed the topic but I'm so happy to discover it for my come back on STS, like a swarm welcome gift  sunny

Everything is amazing here Jason, species choice, posture, sculpting and sharing the whole process with us. Thank you very very much for that  cheers

Roger wrote:
Well, as a herbivorous creature with a bear like motion, I hope you don't use a giant panda as reference for coloring it. Laughing

I agree Rogério, Giant panda would be a very very odd reference... I think it would be more appropriate to use the Malayan tapir as inspiration Crocodile
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Jason, it is really extraordinary! A uncommon animal, very powerful, very expressive, I'd say... dramatic! A pose full of action and a rendition scientifically as accurate as possible. Just a masterpiece and a manifestation of paleoart of a respectable quality! cheers

Kikimalou wrote:
I feel like I missed a whole season of my favorite series and now I am watching episodes one after the other... I apologize to missed the topic but I'm so happy to discover it for my come back on STS, like a swarm welcome gift  sunny

Everything is amazing here Jason, species choice, posture, sculpting and sharing the whole process with us. Thank you very very much for that  cheers

Roger wrote:
Well, as a herbivorous creature with a bear like motion, I hope you don't use a giant panda as reference for coloring it. Laughing

I agree Rogério, Giant panda would be a very very odd reference... I think it would be more appropriate to use the Malayan tapir as inspiration Crocodile

Laughing Laughing
Crazy macaque! monkey cheers
It always bring the discussion how prehistoric animals should be patterned. Actually, unusual patterns and colors are not so unusual among extant animals. Who could guess a Malayan tapir or a giant panda could be so originally patterned if they were only known from bones? If a paleoartist tried to give them a color as they are, many people would criticize it. A good example are dinosaurs, I think about that anytime I see a picture of a mandarin duck. Wink

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 11:30 am

This topic is such a gem. I really like it when brands join our STS community to share their work. Promoting is fine, but I really like it when they interact with the community, just as any other member. But this is an extreme highlight; someone who made such fine figurines in the past, who visibly enjoys his work, and now shares his 'secret' of production with all of us! cheers Jason, thank you so much for this insight in your amazing life. This topic makes my fingers itch, if it wasn't for school I would definitely pick up my Super Sculpey this instant! Thank you thank you thank you, and keep up the amazing work! I can't wait to see this gorgeous wombat-bear-capybara-like creature finished! And I'm really curious about what species you'll be working on next Smile Thanks! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Beautiful finished product! It's been amazing seeing this model being built from start to finish. Many of your techniques, such as sculpting the belly details first, do seem very helpful. I'm looking forward to seeing the painted prototype.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 5:33 pm

I hope that everything with the production of Jason`s Southland models goes well and soon we will have this magnificent model in our hands :)
I am sure that all of us can`t wait for this bounce

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 8:10 pm

barracudacat wrote:
Beautiful finished product!  It's been amazing seeing this model being built from start to finish.  Many of your techniques, such as sculpting the belly details first, do seem very helpful.  I'm looking forward to seeing the painted prototype.

cheers Applause Cool sunny cyclops drunken farao
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 am

Wonderful working process. :thumpsup: Can't wait to get this animal in my collection. cheers

Can you make a Megalania, a Moa and a Tasmanian Aboriginal, please?

Southlands Replicas

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 5:24 am

Thankyou all so very much for your kind comments, Taryunda, Barracudacat, Kosta, Luke and Tupolew Tu-154. There seems to have been a recent surge in interest for this model both here and on our Facebook Page and I'm inspired to keep moving forward!

For now we have 3 new figures to release in December and another 3 early next year so plenty to do Smile

javito

Country/State : spain

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 10:02 am

Southlands Replicas wrote:
Thankyou all so very much for your kind comments, Taryunda, Barracudacat, Kosta, Luke and Tupolew Tu-154. There seems to have been a recent surge in interest for this model both here and on our Facebook Page and I'm inspired to keep moving forward!

For now we have 3 new figures to release in December and another 3 early next year so plenty to do Smile

Thanks for the information, Jason! I think we were all expecting some news from Southlands, as with any major brand around this time of the year!! Laughing

And, as far as you can let us guess, will all of those 6 figures be Australian animals? Or will we have any species from another southern territory?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 11:10 am

I am so glad that the enthusiasm around Southlands is not vanishing with all these releases being announced by stablished brands. I am so happy also that you are working hardly to provide us some more of your exquisite figures! bounce bounce

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 12:58 pm

VERY GOOD NEWS!!! CAN'T WAIT !!!! cheers cheers cheers sunny bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Javito wrote:
And, as far as you can let us guess, will all of those 6 figures be Australian animals? Or will we have any species from another southern territory?

We'll be concentrating on Australian species a little more - but we still want to produce a far greater geographical range as time and finances permit Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 5:11 am

Tasmania and New Zealand? ^^

Country/State : spain

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 8:29 pm

MiniZoo wrote:
Javito wrote:

We'll be concentrating on Australian species a little more - but we still want to produce a far greater geographical range as time and finances permit Smile

Thanks for the answer! It's great to have new figures and species, no matter where they come from! Keep on with that great work!!! Applause
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 8:55 pm

Wow, amazing!! cheers cheers Applause Applause

Southlands Replicas

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:33 am

Hi all - here's our Diprotodon painted prototype. I've tried to be faithful to Australian Fauna colours and patterning to make her seem as realistic as possible.

Diprotodon Project - Page 4 Diprot11

Diprotodon Project - Page 4 Diprot10

Diprotodon Project - Page 4 Diprot12

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 4:45 pm

WOW   Applause  Applause

It is a majestic work of art.

halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 1:04 am

Is it patterned after the bridled nail-tail wallaby?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diprotodon Project   Diprotodon Project - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Diprotodon Project
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next