Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unknown antelope and polar bear

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
SeanieP
75senta75
7 posters
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

Unknown antelope and polar bear Empty
PostSubject: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Last week I found at a little flea market these little antelope. No brand, no "Made in China".  study  question
Perhaps someone knows these figures.  sunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 8:47 pm

I love the stance of that antelope--but not sure what brand it is. Other brands should take note to make moving/action positions like CollectA does sometimes.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 9:14 pm

They are really nice models !!
The bear rings a bell, - but I just can't remember what it is scratch

Yvette, you are a truely great model-finder cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Ohh, now I know : That bear is a bit like the one from KREA , but it is not at all the same  Very Happy

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 9:23 pm

I agree Shawn, the moving position is very nice.
Thanks Susanne, no it´s not by Krea.

Susanne wrote:
The bear rings a bell, - but I just can't remember what it is
Please let ring the bell..... Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 10:16 pm

75senta75 wrote:
Please let ring the bell..... Wink

The bell was Krea, - but it was wrong Laughing

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 10:52 pm

Susanne wrote:
The bell was Krea, - but it was wrong

I hope for an other bell now... flower

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 11:09 pm

I have to confirm the polar bear but the antelope is a Pech Hermanos figure.
Pech is a vintage Spanish company, their figures are rare and almost exclusively found in Spain. They are for Spain almost as Reisler is for Denmark. Some figures are quite dramatic as the Reisler eagle hunting a fox. Shocked Congratulations, these are a real treasure. Very Happy

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 11:17 pm

I've never seen the polar bear before but it is a wondefully posed and detailed figure. I adore the gentle friendly face he has! Very Happy

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Wow Roger, Shocked you are great! Really impressive! I also had a look at TAI, but don´t found this antelope. I never heard from this brand.
I found it on a childrens flea market in one of these "worth for nothing" boxes.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 12:01 am

75senta75 wrote:
Wow Roger, Shocked you are great! Really impressive! I also had a look at TAI, but don´t found this antelope. I never heard from this brand.
I found it on a childrens flea market in one of these "worth for nothing" boxes.

Interesting how a Pech Hermanos figure is found more than 60 years later in a German flea market. Shocked
There is no page for antelopes on Toy animal wiki, they are in different pages and I was never able of finding the right species to this figure. Pech is not very accurate or I am missing anything here. geek Curiously, the polar bear, that is clearly based in a brown bear, probably a grizzly, is also familiar to me and it is very different from the Pech polar bear I own. If I ever find what it is, I'll let you know. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 9:24 am

WOW !!! Interesting !!! Shocked
Great job, Roger cheers

We must hope that one day a collector of these joins the Forum Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 9:35 am

A very interesting antelope. And hurray, Roger have more informations. What is the material? Und Yvette, die habe ich noch nicht Wink (And Yvette, i dont have that :) )

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 11:34 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Great job, Roger cheers

Thanks, Susanne! Very Happy
We have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Luis Inchaurrandieta on forum, he is not very active unfortunately but we can see his blog with lots of Spanish vintage figures among the best known ones.
Spanish toy industry is very interesting, animal documentaries were very popular in Spanish tv and I can see some figures clearly based in some of these documentaries. Lafredo, Jecsan, Pech, Comansi, all very interesting collections. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 11:38 am

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Great job, Roger cheers

Thanks, Susanne! Very Happy
We have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Luis Inchaurrandieta on forum, he is not very active unfortunately but we can see his blog with lots of Spanish vintage figures among the best known ones.
Spanish toy industry is very interesting, animal documentaries were very popular in Spanish tv and I can see some figures clearly based in some of these documentaries. Lafredo, Jecsan, Pech, Comansi, all very interesting collections. Very Happy

Interesting blog, thank you :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Is the polar bear a Schleich Classic?Here is mine one with another Polar bear and his brown cousin!

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 10:45 pm

Oh Taos, you have this polar bear too! Also a brown one. Yes, in the middle is the bear by Schleich Classics.
But the other ones are not by Schleich.

Last edited by 75senta75 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 10:47 pm

Andreas wrote:
What is the material?
Andreas, it´s like the material from the Schleich Classics figures.

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 11:20 pm

Roger wrote:
Interesting how a Pech Hermanos figure is found more than 60 years later in a German flea market.

Yes, that have I asked me too.  Smile

Roger wrote:
Spanish toy industry is very interesting, animal documentaries were very popular in Spanish tv and I can see some figures clearly based in some of these documentaries. Lafredo, Jecsan, Pech, Comansi, all very interesting collections.

Thanks to the little antelope and your knowledge I will be attentive to a wonderful homepage with some for me unknown brands. The site is really very well done.

On this occasion, would it be a good idea to list more collectors' pages on TAI ?

Roger wrote:
Curiously, the polar bear, that is clearly based in a brown bear, probably a grizzly, is also familiar to me and it is very different from the Pech polar bear I own. If I ever find what it is, I'll let you know.

Thanks Roger, you are right because of the brown bear, have you seen the photo from Taos, which he has posted after your post ? sunny

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 11:58 pm

Yvette, so Taos' picture confirms my conjecture. That figure is clearly based in a brown bear and the mould was used to make both species. That was quite common on toy industry. Very Happy
We have Incha's blog listed on TAI, you can find it here! Luis is also an editor at the wiki and most of these vintage figures are from his collection. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 9:09 am

This topic becomes more and more interesting !!!!! cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 am

75senta75 wrote:
Andreas wrote:
What is the material?
Andreas, it´s like the material from the Schleich Classics figures.

Thank you :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unknown antelope and polar bear   Unknown antelope and polar bear Empty

Back to top Go down

Unknown antelope and polar bear
Page 1 of 1