Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis

Go down 
+2
widukind
WhiteLightning Wolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis Empty
PostSubject: PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis   PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 12:01 pm

Noticed on T.A.I. that there doesn't seem to be pics of the PV cats only marked "China" and I'm not sure if anyone knows of the entire sets of these miniatures and the super minis. There was also a set of 12 miniature PV dogs as well as 12 super minis of those dogs too.

Three years ago I bought a bulk box of these PV cats and dogs off Amazon. Unfortunately, since I was a bit naive back then, I made up several sets of all the extras and sold them all on eBay. I still retain a complete set of the cats but not the dogs. I also have the Super minis of each cat too and decided to share pics of them.

Admins: If individual pics of the miniatures and super minis are wanted for T.A.I. , I am more than happy to provide them! Very Happy

So here are the 12 PV Cats marked "China" paired with the super minis:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis   PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 6:54 pm

I am sure they are not PV but Club Earth, very similar. I have a few parrots and i saw also mini versions of them at Wing Mau. Beatrice have the minis. So if the cats are only marked with china i think so. And it could be that they are produced by Wing Mau.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis   PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 9:56 am

widukind wrote:
I am sure they are not PV but Club Earth, very similar. I have a few parrots and i saw also mini versions of them at Wing Mau. Beatrice have the minis. So if the cats are only marked with china i think so. And it could be that they are produced by Wing Mau.

Wing Mau produced PV and some of the K&M animals (mainly bulk figures) too I think. I wasn't aware Club Earth had more than just wild animals though. scratch I also remember these cats being sold in tubes like the K&M's back in the 1990's. (Not the super minis though). The siamese cat is listed as a PV on T.A.I. so now I'm really confused. scratch Some of them are marked china but have the breed name on the underside as well.

It's so tough to tell when they aren't marked! Wink

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis   PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 10:33 am

The little ones are SO CUTE
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis   PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 9:42 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
widukind wrote:

Wing Mau produced PV and some of the K&M animals (mainly bulk figures) too I think. I wasn't aware Club Earth had more than just wild animals though. scratch I also remember these cats being sold in tubes like the K&M's back in the 1990's. (Not the super minis though). The siamese cat is listed as a PV on T.A.I. so now I'm really confused. scratch Some of them are marked china but have the breed name on the underside as well.

It's so tough to tell when they aren't marked! Wink

I understand. But as i discovered the Wing Mau website they had a lot of more figurines. Now are any pages less. So it could be that it was also any more. Are you sure it is the same cat? Play Visions are marked with PV. And as Club Earth exists a parrot set also in the style.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis   PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 7:57 am

They are wonderful !!! I love you cheers

However I agree with Andreas that they are probably not PV, - I do not have many of either kind, but I have the Siamussies :

The left one is marked with PV logo, the right one with CHINA drunken

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis   PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 4:53 am

Look here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis   PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 11:12 pm

Very interesting, thanks for sharing this, Fallon! I agree with Andreas and Susanne, as far as I know, Play Visions is always marked 'PV'. These seem to be Club Earth. Their figurines are never marked with their brand, but with 'China' and the species most of the time. I have to agree with Valérie as well, those super minis are really cute drunken I really love your comparison photos, you're lucky to have both sets! cheers Such a pity you don't have the complete dog sets anymore.

I have the Club Earth Birman cat you showed above. I got it from Karin and it is marked 'BIRMAN, CHINA'.

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis   PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 6:21 am

Nice catch Julie :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis   PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 9:00 am

Fallon, thanks for all these great pictures and for bringing that discussion around these cats. It seems there is no consensus about what they are in fact but, I think we all together will find it out. We can see below, the PV official catalogue where their cats are shown. They don't seem to be the same as yours. scratch
They have, in fact, a style that looks a lot like Club Earth but I don't know any official source where it could be confirmed. Though, we know that many Club Earth were manufactured by Wing Mau.
However, the only cats I do really am sure I've found on Wing Mau website are those kitties similar to the pupy series.
Karin tells in her blog that the cat below is a adulte Persian from Wing Mau company. We can see there also the set of 12 Wing Mau kitties, those I mentioned above.

As soon as we find a way to list them, I will do the job but individual pictures work better on TAI. Though, I know it is a lot of work and the way you used is perfect for a forum presentation. Very Happy
Susanne's Siamese cat is listed as a Play Visions but it was not based on an official source, it is just conjectural. So, it don't have to be taken as official.

Play Visions catalogue with Mini Cats

PostSubject: Re: PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis   PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis Empty

Back to top Go down

PV "China" Cats Miniatures vs Super Minis
Page 1 of 1