Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari 2018 - complete list!

Go down 
+47
Kikimalou
Doug Watson
pm64
donny ong
costicuba
Florian
zirkoon
LukaLeon085
WhiteLightning Wolf
lucky luke
Ana
Duck-Anch-Amun
onatello
Night Elf
MartinH
Caspian
Bowhead Whale
ze_neto
Shardur
shadoweon
Lionwoman
john2xtheman
Gwaine
Tarunyada
jarda
sbell
MiniZoo
Sergey
halichoeres
terrorchicken
barracudacat
Tupolew Tu-154
bmathison1972
JamesPanda
Dutch Bear
Robert
Saarlooswolfhound
Bloodrayne
arafan
widukind
NightLioness
sphyrna18
Deanmo19
Takama
Roger
Juan Andrés
SUSANNE
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 2:33 am

Oh I see, it's a new brand altogether. It is a nice dynamic mammoth. I just hope safari reveals soon, I think they've teased for long enough. I expect they won't reveal until the beginning of October.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Quote :
I'm afraid I have to disappoint you, because I think the orange muzzle belongs to their newest kangaroo (this one).

That's okay. I'm far from disappointed because she's a beautiful sculpt. I guess it just looked different from the full bodied picture.

These new pictures are fantastic! I love that we seem to be getting a Przewalksi's horse and I'm now intrigued by the green Sauropod legs. At the moment I can't think of a species that would look so skinny, so maybe it will be a new one for me.

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 5:54 pm

Guys, Safari Ltd just shared a new photo on social media with the next comment:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Safari Ltd wrote:
The time has come to start revealing our 2018 Collection! Keep checking back as we will be showcasing a new figure every day in coming weeks.

The next 2018 figurines have been revealed:

Bernie the Gator

American Mastodon

Leopard Seal

Florida Panther

American Desert Hare

Boxer

Lamb

Good Luck Minis Raptor

Whales TOOB

Alien Dragon

Harpy

Gnome Family Designer TOOB

Zombies Super TOOB

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 5:59 pm

oh nice. even i get excited over the whale toob.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Bernie is on my wishlist for sure, he is so cute!

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Gwaine wrote:

Yes, he definitely is! cheers Nice move to make a figurine of their mascot Smile

Back to top Go down
Lionwoman

Lionwoman

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 6:02 pm

OMG that alien dragon looks really cool

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
Gwaine wrote:

Yes, he definitely is! cheers Nice move to make a figurine of their mascot Smile

The mastodon, the panther, the seal and the whale toob are on my list too!

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 6:03 pm

I knew it!! Zombies!!!! Hahahaha!! XD

Must have that whale toob!!! Ohmygoodness <3

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 6:16 pm

The whale toob is interesting!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 7:27 pm

NightLioness wrote:
I knew it!! Zombies!!!! Hahahaha!! XD

Must have that whale toob!!! Ohmygoodness <3

cheers sunny drunken its an absolutely fantastic toob

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Very nice figures so far, and thanks for posting this list!  I agree that Bernie is super cute.  Maybe I wouldn't intentionally seek him out, but I wouldn't mind having him if luck favored it.

The Mastodon is wonderful, but seemed a little too pricey for me on the Safari website. I think I'll wait on him since I will almost certainly want the smaller prehistoric mammals. I still love the alien dragon as well.  He has a fantastic looking eye design.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 pm

You're welcome! I can't wait to see what they'll come up with next. I'm so hoping for that Przewalksi's horse drunken And Safari Ltd seems very out of the box this year, with zombie toobs and alien dragons and such Laughing

Back to top Go down
shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 11:10 pm

I wonder if theres a chance of them making a Red Wolf since they made the Florida Panther? =o

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 12:04 am

Some are slightly interesting to me. It is a fact that they are representing a Florida panther, still assumed as a subspecies but it won't tak longer. I don't know what makes a Florida panther distinct, in toy shape, from other pumas.
I like that leopard seals are turning more common now but do I really like this one? I hardly could identify it if I hadn't read before. scratch
The black-tailed jackrabbit is an interesting release, I hope it is not as big as many Wild Safari figures representing small mammals. I also don't know to which exact series they belong.
A Whales and dolphins toob already existed. It is interesting anyway but not for my current collecting tastes. Still far from being as exciting as last year but we are just starting! bounce bounce Very Happy

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 3:50 am

Ok it's a harpy, not a siren. But she is great and a must have. ^^
That zombie toob is wonderful, also the gnome toob.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 7:14 am

If the American Desert Hare is as good as the Arctic hare I will catch one. I will enjoy the mastodon too, I never understand why it took so many years for Safari Ltd to make one. Well, a Leopard seal is welcome but, as Roger said, it is better to read the name first Laughing .
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 9:02 am

I adore the mastodon, the seal and the hare cheers

Aren't you a bit harsh on the leopard seal ? I was not even a split second in doubt what it was, when I saw it Laughing

But ohhhhh Shocked They cut both tail and ears off the poor boxer Sad Suspect What a Face Suspect

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 5:05 pm

I am arsh with the pics Susanne, I'm not sure it the best way to deserve a leopard seal figure.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 6:15 pm

I agree with Suzanne - I knew instantly that it was a leopard seal - that cold, almost reptilian "smile".  It look A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. to my eyes!  I was so so so excited when CollectA revealed that they were going to release one this year, but then when I saw it.... it left much to be desired, IMO.  It's a beautiful figure, but it fails to capture the head shape of a leopard seal.  But Safari's 2018 intro? I'm very impressed.  It looks like a resting seal to me.

In case anyone is interested and hasn't visited the Safari site, the whales in the new Whale TOOB are:

All brand NEW sculpts!  They look INCREDIBLE!  I'm super excited to see these in person.  I believe I heard or was told that Safari now uses pictures of the actual products instead of using the prototypes, since there were issues with the actual items looking very different from the catalog pictures.  That is why Safari debuts their products over a period of time (as shipments arrive in their warehouse)... and why I think they used blurry photos to stir up hype without actually revealing fine details of the figures themselves.  Anyway, with that being said, the fine paint work on these figures is remarkable, and I can't wait to get my hands on them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Great whale set but no really new species for me :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 9:51 pm

Those whales look MUCH nicer than the whale/Dolphin toob Shocked Very Happy

Hmmm...But let's see how the paintwork is in real. The quality has been horrible the last several years Rolling Eyes

Well, let's be positive : It is a great, wonderful picture of some common whale species cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
I agree with Suzanne - I knew instantly that it was a leopard seal - that cold, almost reptilian "smile".  It look A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. to my eyes!  I was so so so excited when CollectA revealed that they were going to release one this year, but then when I saw it.... it left much to be desired, IMO.  It's a beautiful figure, but it fails to capture the head shape of a leopard seal.  But Safari's 2018 intro? I'm very impressed.  It looks like a resting seal to me......

Just my thoughts ! I have not even considered getting the CollectA one, but I will surely get this beauty, unless Safari rises the prices so much again Very Happy Laughing

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 10:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
I agree with Suzanne - I knew instantly that it was a leopard seal - that cold, almost reptilian "smile".  It look A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. to my eyes!  I was so so so excited when CollectA revealed that they were going to release one this year, but then when I saw it.... it left much to be desired, IMO.  It's a beautiful figure, but it fails to capture the head shape of a leopard seal.  But Safari's 2018 intro? I'm very impressed.  It looks like a resting seal to me......

Just my thoughts ! I have not even considered getting the CollectA one, but I will surely get this beauty, unless Safari rises the prices so much again Very Happy Laughing

Same for me! The CollectA one does not seem to feel Leopard enough to consider it a leopard seal. But this one screams leopard seal to me. I hope the Paintjob is nice, because with such an expression, the paint must be good to bring it over.

terrorchicken

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 12:08 am

Roger wrote:
Some are slightly interesting to me. It is a fact that they are representing a Florida panther, still assumed as a subspecies but it won't tak longer. I don't know what makes a Florida panther distinct, in toy shape, from other pumas.
I like that leopard seals are turning more common now but do I really like this one? I hardly could identify it if I hadn't read before. scratch
The black-tailed jackrabbit is an interesting release, I hope it is not as big as many Wild Safari figures representing small mammals. I also don't know to which exact series they belong.
A Whales and dolphins toob already existed. It is interesting anyway but not for my current collecting tastes. Still far from being as exciting as last year but we are just starting! bounce bounce Very Happy

Im not an expert on this type of stuff(subspecies differences) but from what Ive seen of Florida panthers on tv, they seem leaner than their more thick coated cousins. Their heads seem slightly different too.

what excites me about the Florida panther is that I hope it means they are releasing an Everglades toob down the line. And Im glad they are redoing some of their older toobs, some of them really need a redo (coughdinotoobcough).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari 2018 - complete list!
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next